ThomChen114

Polish vehicles thread?

33 posts in this topic

It seriously irks me, that the Poles get a Panther of all tanks as a premium to begin with. Ok, Germans get the Panther 88 and the VK 3002M, but neither is a true T6 Panther, where this vehicle naturally belongs and really shines (if the VK 3002M's performance is anything to go by). If only this would be a multi-national tank, that could be used both by polish and german crews, maybe with two different camouflages to go with the crew-choice... Oh well, if Tiger J and Tiger 131 are anything to go by, then we'll get a T6 Panther in about a year, I guess.

Oh well, at least it's inferior to the VK 3002M, as the mobility is going to be quite a lot worse. Well, it gets the advantage of not getting it's side-armor overpenned by 122mm guns as a trade-off, which is something.

P.S.: Curious detail. In the "How to"-video, they mention that 122mm guns overmatch, but Tanks.gg lists the side-armor as 50mm. Huh?

2 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

P.S.: Curious detail. In the "How to"-video, they mention that 122mm guns overmatch, but Tanks.gg lists the side-armor as 50mm. Huh?

Side armor behind tracks is 40mm. Upper side armor is 50mm. 

They're selling it with a BIA crew.  I take that as a pretty sure indication there will be a Polish tech tree, otherwise the investment really makes no sense if you can't retrain the crew for something high tier.

1 minute ago, Tanager said:

They're selling it with a BIA crew.  I take that as a pretty sure indication there will be a Polish tech tree, otherwise the investment really makes no sense if you can't retrain the crew for something high tier.

You still think they’ll introduce new premium without tree... Damn. 

3 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

You still think they’ll introduce new premium without tree... Damn. 

Huh?  How do you get that out of my post?  I think the exact opposite.

15 minutes ago, Tanager said:

Huh?  How do you get that out of my post?  I think the exact opposite.

Yeah i know, but that's out of question since they said about premium.

There is 0 doubt about tree. I know that you hinted about tree with grain of salt. 

Bringing this thread back to live. (Yes call me Necromancer but I like this more than creating new threads over and over again)

WG EU just released a new Video with some new information. 

• KSUST tank will be in it. 3:32 Don´t know about you but I never rly heard about this tank before. But it seems the polish community likes it as it is even in this community made tank tree.
  • "At the end of the line, there are gonna be completely made up things" 3:38. Who would have thought :P Bla bla ideas from University. Thought through. Engineering groups . bla bla 
  • Combined Tree. Starts with LT, then MT ends with HT. 3:58 Guess the Play Doh Heavy Tank we discussed in this thread it is for the T10.
  • They scrapped the idea of using Sowjet modifications in the polish tank tree, as they would be of interest to the wide EU (and I guess worldwide) community. 4:30

I'm kinda glad they went with paper tanks instead of the old T-54, T-44, T-34 modifications.