hazzgar

British TD changes

125 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, hall0 said:

At 23:55 they mention a special mode for this FV 4005 in the future. They call it "a nice idea". My guess here would be a mode similar to the swedish camper mode. Once you activate the mode you can't move anymore as your tank digs in, but you can fully rotate your turret. 

Well, the tank did have a firing spade for a reason. In fact, the tank was so unstable that before the project was entirely shelved, serious consideration was given to splitting the firing spade into two, and covering a larger area (it was recommended)

6 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

The M10 couldn't "bunker down" or "hull down" or whatever in COH.

actually an ability like that would be pretty interesting, if stupid. Tortoise goes "bunker down", can't move, but gets +25 spaced armor on its entire front profile because a bunch of shit got piled up on it 

Man that was long time ago, so to refresh memory i’ll start downloading game on steam.

I know that some tanks could “sandbag” themselves but I thought it was M10.

Such a great game. 

On FV subject, shitbarn would be better if they give mobility (and i mean speed and traverse) with slightly better aim time (still shitty bloom to prevent snaps). It would be nice alternative to sturdy 215.

6 minutes ago, DHP said:

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/update-920-1-rebalance/#tab1

They are buffing the charioteer aswell with -10deg depression

Powercreep is real. Doubled gun depression is a great news to me but in general such huge changes are not a good idea.

That change is welcome, but... :S  One of the draws to this game, was it's historical accuracy. What happened to that? I never minded tanks having guns they never had, as long as they made sense on the vehicle, e.g. were projected or would fit without much effort (like it was with the 20 pounder and the L7 in reality, for example) or got an improved engine that would make the difference between not getting off from the spawn point and actually getting where the tank can do something before it gets shot at. A degree of extra gun depression here or there, whatever, but slapping a solid 10 on everything is just... Guys, really. I know you are in a desperate run to get things back on track with the game's current broken balance, but this is not the solution.

OMG

" Along with increased durability, the FV4005 Stage II gets easier gun handling thanks to a faster turret traverse speed, 180° gun traverse, and lowered dispersion from turret rotation. Finally, the gun depression of -10° lets it poke ridgelines without exposing its frail hull and turret, while the increased ammo load of 20 shells ramps up its chances at seriously damaging a target "

On 14/9/2017 at 6:37 PM, Hokum15 said:

OMG

" Along with increased durability, the FV4005 Stage II gets easier gun handling thanks to a faster turret traverse speed, 180° gun traverse, and lowered dispersion from turret rotation. Finally, the gun depression of -10° lets it poke ridgelines without exposing its frail hull and turret, while the increased ammo load of 20 shells ramps up its chances at seriously damaging a target "

Definitely need to rebuy that.

Inb4 tier 10 skorpion :disco:

On 9/14/2017 at 1:37 PM, Hokum15 said:

OMG

Oh yeah, and it gets another 300 horsepower tacked onto the engine (from 650hp to 950)

FV4005 Stage II 
* Added the Rolls-Royce Griffon engine. Basic technical characteristics of the engine are as follows:
engine power: 950 h.p.
chance of engine fire: 20%

* Removed the Rolls-Royce Meteor Mk. IVB engine
* Decreased dispersion on turret traverse of the 183 mm L4 gun for the FV4005 Stage II turret by 12%
* Changed the turret traverse speed of the FV4005 Stage II turret from 12 deg/s to 16 deg/s
* Changed the gun depression angle of the 183 mm L4 gun for the FV4005 Stage II turret from -5 degrees to -10 degrees
* Changed the gun traverse angles of the 183 mm L4 gun for the FV4005 Stage II turret from 45 degrees to 90 degrees on both sides
* Changed the ammo rack capacity of the 183 mm L4 gun for the FV4005 Stage II turret from 12 to 20 shells
* Changed the top speed from 35 km/h to 50 km/h
* Changed the reverse speed from 12 km/h to 15 km/h

I didn't really look deeply into the stats but the fv4005 II gets a whopping ~50% engine boost.. What the hell.. 

It looks like on the official forum no one il talking about the TD buffs but i think they have been buffed a lot. That gun on top of a 19 hp/t and 50 km/h platform with -10 gun depression can be really dangerous, it has no armor and no camo but the first version of Grille was the same.

2 hours ago, DepeTT said:

It looks like on the official forum no one il talking about the TD buffs but i think they have been buffed a lot. That gun on top of a 19 hp/t and 50 km/h platform with -10 gun depression can be really dangerous, it has no armor and no camo but the first version of Grille was the same.

Grille is still fast. I think those buffs mean more for Conway. 560 alpha, 10deg gun dep, good mobility and a mantlet that can troll?

TS is up so i check how they added the gun and for the tier 7 it's an optional gun and it's extra xp on the line to get the gun (16k) and the conway you MUST get the gun but they reduced the price of the final 4005 by the price of the gun (64k).

Shit barn needs toning down a bit, they've gone a bit far. Think the speed should be bumped down to 40kph maybe even 35kph again, whilst keeping the hp/ton. 

Conway's new gun is trash, gun handling is not great and 260 AP does not cut it in the current meta. Plus the HESH has 10mm less pen than the Cent 7/1/Charioteer HESH and costs an absurd 7200 credits for 770 alpha.  The tank with the 120 though is very comfortable, you can bomb it around as a very mobile support tank just getting 2nd shots it. Played a game on Abbey with it and just followed a VKB down the 1 line, he took the hits, I popped out put 1/2 shots in, pulled back, rinse repeat, easy 5.5k damage. 

30 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Shit barn needs toning down a bit, they've gone a bit far. Think the speed should be bumped down to 40kph maybe even 35kph again, whilst keeping the hp/ton. 

Conway's new gun is trash, gun handling is not great and 260 AP does not cut it in the current meta. Plus the HESH has 10mm less pen than the Cent 7/1/Charioteer HESH and costs an absurd 7200 credits for 770 alpha.  The tank with the 120 though is very comfortable, you can bomb it around as a very mobile support tank just getting 2nd shots it. Played a game on Abbey with it and just followed a VKB down the 1 line, he took the hits, I popped out put 1/2 shots in, pulled back, rinse repeat, easy 5.5k damage. 

Thanks. Was kind of expecting the 120mm to be the objectively better overall gun. But then again, there's always a case to be made for high alpha and I have a soft spot for HESH :)

Whoever hated the original Grille is going to have a field day with the new Shitbarn, whoever decided that it should get a mobile chassis with 10 degrees of gundepression should get punched in the face...

5 hours ago, Fabunil said:

Whoever hated the original Grille is going to have a field day with the new Shitbarn, whoever decided that it should get a mobile chassis with 10 degrees of gundepression should get punched in the face...

Imagine retards getting that tank, yoloing your medium, blasting for 1750 and then dying.

Its like satanic lovechild of T49 and WT E100 - it is fast enough to yolo most tanks in the game, and when it manages to do that it can potentially just flat out kill its target but because of its size and survivability it will just die.

Yeah, the absolutely disgusting and retarded Type 5 that I still dont understand how the fuck it got even through balance department definitely needed companion for it. Might as well add the WT E100 back with 40% more alpha on its premium shells.