Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reppic27

Pudel vs. VK3002M vs. Panther

14 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I need some help understanding a few things. Looking at all the 3 tanks mentioned in the title, why does the Pudel look more like a VK3002 than it does a Panther. The description says the Pudel was a captured Panther, therefore shouldn't it be near identical to the stock model of the Panther?

The VK002M was the prototype so I am assuming it never saw combat. Further it doesn't seem to stand at the same height as the Panther anyway according to tank inspector (visually speaking). So I'm just confused. Maybe I am missing some historical importance?

My last question is where could I find a very beginning friendly guide on how to make the Panther fully upgraded (or even the VK3002M) visually look like the stock Panther for historical accuracy? I have a thing for the WWII Panther.

Thanks !

A "historical" Panther would never go beyond the stock gun (the top gun on the VK 30.02 M), which is the historical armament for the tank.

I don't know what you are talking about, the model of the Pudel is much closer to the Stock Panther than it is to the VK, infact the model of the Pudel is pretty much identical to the Stockpanther except for a few visual bits and pieces, the most prominent thing being the missing sideskirts of the Panther.

33 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

I don't know what you are talking about, the model of the Pudel is much closer to the Stock Panther than it is to the VK, infact the model of the Pudel is pretty much identical to the Stockpanther except for a few visual bits and pieces, the most prominent thing being the missing sideskirts of the Panther.

Are you absolutely sure?

I starred at them side by side and it looks closer to the VKM, but maybe I am mistaken. Also the model looks slightly smaller than the Panther. 

But I could be wrong. 

22 minutes ago, Reppic27 said:

Are you absolutely sure?

I started at them side by side and it looks closer to the VKM, but maybe I am mistaken. Also the model looks slightly smaller than the Panther. 

But I could be wrong. 

I have to agree with @Fabunil.  The rear deck layout on the in-game VK is one of the easiest places to see the differences - both the Pudel and the Panther have the historical venting layout, e.g.  (other than the raised left vent on the in-game Panther, which seems inaccurate to me).  The stock in-game Panther has the updated G mantlet (with the shot trap negated by the chin strip), but the Pudel (which would have predated the introduction of this chin strip on the mantlet) lacks it and has the more common rounded mantlet.

The Pudel has the ball-mounted machine gun for the radio operator, as does the in-game Panther, but that wasn't on all historical Panthers (I believe this was a later update to As and Gs, but someone else correct me if I'm mistaken).

If you have the upgraded turret and gun on the VK, the differences are (IMHO) much less striking, and I suspect it's probably pretty close to the first Panthers that actually rolled out.  The top engine on the VK *is* the Panther engine.

VK3002M is nothing but an early Panther Ausf. D. (different mantlet and cupola, hull without Mg compared to later versions) WG probably just thought "hey to have two Panthers right after each other in the techtree is stupid, lets give it the development name.

Here the first Panthers in Kursk.  Compare it to the VK3002M we have in the game. They are basically the same. 

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H26258,_Panzer_V_%

Stock Panther is a later Version. Probably Ausf G. The hull has an MG and the mantlet has the "chin" to avoid bounces into the hull and a different radiator design.  Pudel is also an Ausf. G but without the "chin" mantlet,Mount an Schmalturm and it becomes the Ausf. F. 

There are some confusing things with the Panther tanks:

A) The designation. You would expect it to start with A than go to B and so on. But it actually starts with D, goes to A than to G. Why? Here the answer. 

B) There are a lot of mutant versions. There are G versions with "chin" mantlet and without. But also D "letterbox" hulls with chin mantles. 

I like how the pudel has a far shittier mantlet than the VK30M. Significantly larger hole behind the mantlet. Also worse traverse on all terrain. But it gets 2 more shell capacity, so I guess that makes up for it :/

2 hours ago, hall0 said:

You would expect it to start with A than go to B and so on. But it actually starts with D, goes to A than to G. Why? Here the answer. 

For a second I was expecting something serious, but (reality check) it is Internet after all.

Anyway I like it :).

The VKM was dubbed the real-panther since it was introduced into the game. 

The Panther being the Panther, the Panther II being the Shit-ther III and the Panther M10 being the Ersatz Panther or the Cosplay Panther. 

16 hours ago, Machiav said:

For a second I was expecting something serious, but (reality check) it is Internet after all.

Anyway I like it :).

Same here, I still laughed hard.

So, TLDR, Pudel worth it for pre-grinding a mythical Polish tree?  Do we even know what it'll be?

21 hours ago, Errants said:

worth it for pre-grinding

Is that even a thing any more with each new country getting a gurls crew with some mission just before release?

IMHO when You win in Pudel it feels like well deserved victory, because You are driving slowish, not so armored tank with god awfull aiming circle and then You are waiting like eternity for its quite good accuracy to shown up.

So if:

1) you don't like OP tanks

2) you want to work hard for a victory

3) you want to have "siema PL" (btw: is it even a thing, now?) tank

Buy it, if not forget about this perfectly average or even sub-par MT.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0