Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigrebone

I hope this is the right place to ask. How do I play my E-75 on Fiery Salient and Maliknova

12 posts in this topic

First of all, I love playing this tank.  I've got a first class badge in it and a crappy win rate.  I've got decent crew skills with about 83% on the third skill, which is attached as a picture.  I'm running Vents, Large Gun Rammer and Vertical Stabilizer.  I also give my crew chocolate to reduce the reload time.  I've had some decent games in it; but, never over 4533 damage and 4 kills.  I'm at 56.4% on my first mark of excellence in the tank.  I've got one high caliber in it and 2 steel wall trophies..  No unicum stats for sure.

These to maps give me fits.  I'm talking about standard pub battles

Maliknova - If you sneeze you get spotted and get your ass shot off.  It takes forever to get to the top of the hill.  If you start on the right side of the map,  I go to the far right to keep from being spotted before proceeding north.  If I am on the left side of the map, I try to go up the 1 line and get into the trees before going to the top of the hill.  The left side of the map seems to be better than spawning on the right. by left and right, I'm looking at this map.

https://wotguru.com/map-strategy-murovanka/

Fiery Salient - If you start on the north and go to the hill, then there is a depression you can shoot from as long as you don't peak over and get your ass shot off between E0 and D0; but, if you start on the south, there's really not much room to work with going up the hill.  The E75 doesn't have the gun depression to peak over the hill without getting hammered in the lower plate and tracks, then you are dead.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Fiery_Salient

I would appreciate advice and help.

Thanks

E75_CrewSkills.bmp

That thread has the exact same question. OP was even specifically asking about the E75.

Other related threads:

As for Maliknova, hug the edge and get to the top of the hill.

HILL(MAL) and MID on FS. And you hope that your team is good. 

Contrary to popular believe and "WG speak" WoT random battles isn't a team game - what you don't do yourself won't be done at all or at the wrong way at the wrong time. Accept that and plan/act accordingly and you already have a huge advatage over the mayority of the playerbase.

What does that mean in your specific case?

Your E75 has a decent base viewrange and with your use of food, I 'd ditch the vents and mount optics! The improvements of vents is neglectable in case of the E75 but optics will bring up your viewrange well above 445m, countering enemy camo values. On open maps you now can spot for yourself (to some degree) and don't have to rely on the t8 scout that has decided the best way to aproach these maps is to protect the friendly cap circle or to suicide.

A nice side effect is the increased amount of XP/credits.

3 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

Contrary to popular believe and "WG speak" WoT random battles isn't a team game - what you don't do yourself won't be done at all or at the wrong way at the wrong time. Accept that and plan/act accordingly and you already have a huge advatage over the mayority of the playerbase.

What does that mean in your specific case?

Your E75 has a decent base viewrange and with your use of food, I 'd ditch the vents and mount optics! The improvements of vents is neglectable in case of the E75 but optics will bring up your viewrange well above 445m, countering enemy camo values. On open maps you now can spot for yourself (to some degree) and don't have to rely on the t8 scout that has decided the best way to aproach these maps is to protect the friendly cap circle or to suicide.

A nice side effect is the increased amount of XP/credits.

i kern spel two

but yeah folterknecht was right optics are great on anything with 380m vr or more, i found the view range boost really helpful on my e75 and e100.

Also to get your damage+wr up literally trade shot for shot (as long as you will hit and pen) against anything with lower alpha. I'm no unicum either but i 2 marked it by blapping pubs for 490 a few times a match running at 55%?? wins or something.:disco:

Hill on Malinovka. Try to take the windmill if possible, but don't try to hold the hill without support. Don't push down the flank that the enemy team approaches the hill from, you'll get raped by TDs.

Middle on Prok/Fiery. You can shoot down the 1/2 line, shoot the hill, and shoot the other side of the ridge. It's my favorite spot to take a heavy tank.

10 hours ago, garryallen said:

i kern spel two

but yeah folterknecht was right optics are great on anything with 380m vr or more, i found the view range boost really helpful on my e75 and e100.

Also to get your damage+wr up literally trade shot for shot (as long as you will hit and pen) against anything with lower alpha. I'm no unicum either but i 2 marked it by blapping pubs for 490 a few times a match running at 55%?? wins or something.:disco:

Wrote that at 3 in the morning in a foreign language ...

That aside I never equipped the E100 with optics, but always played my E75 and KT with it. The 10.5 and 12.8cm on the E75/KT are different beasts.

Thanks, Folkernecht.  Swapping vents for optics makes sense, now.  I have done that and will try some of the other suggestions.  I'll should be able to spot the middle now with the good view range I have along with situational awareness, recon and bia on the crew.

1 hour ago, bigrebone said:

Swapping vents for optics makes sense, now

Bear in mind that this is for good players who can actually use the viewrange and position themselves correctly in every stage of the game. In WoT a Unicum and a Potatoe that rush the open field on Malinovka at the start of the game will fare almost exactly the same... What divides the Unicorns from the unwashed masses is that they know what to do and what not to do on very map, in every tank, with every team, at every stage of the battle.

So while you should totally do swap vents for optics, don't expect to rule Mali/Prokh instantly. You will likely need quite some games to experience first hand what this change means and some trial and error what now works and what doesn't.

Mali just sucks in a heavy thats too slow to take hill quickly, so yeah.  

On Prok, I try to minimize the directions from which I can take fire in the mid by using the rocks, buildings, and dead tanks.  Most TD drivers are too chickenshit to reposition to get shots on you if you get a rock in their way.  As long as you can keep your gun and armor facing primarily the same group of threats your peachy.  In a US heavy you can do this with your turret, but in a german heavy you need  to use angles and hard cover.  Its when you get in a cross fire that Prok becomes hell.  

Oh and arty, fuck arty on both maps in a big slow visible heavy.

7 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Oh and arty, fuck arty on both maps in a big slow visible heavy.

or you can try popping up in different locations as arty players hate reaiming.

just be a worse target than the idiot next to you and arty isnt as big a problem 

12 hours ago, garryallen said:

or you can try popping up in different locations as arty players hate reaiming.

just be a worse target than the idiot next to you and arty isnt as big a problem 

Absolutely. There's 2 rocks on the top of the mid ridge. I will sometimes go back and forth from one rock to the other as I am reloading.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0