ThomChen114

T-29 - too good to be given away for free?

13 posts in this topic

TAP blog reports that the T-29, a tier III Soviet premium medium tank that was planned to be given away to all players for free as a gift, will NOT be given away as a gift tank this year since it's too OP, more so than the PzII J.

So, no free garage slot this year, or in the T-29's case, no free low tier sealclubbing tank. 

But I'm sure we'll see it being sold in the premium shop in the very near future. Or whenever vodka prices go up.

I'm not sure how they think it's OP, it has good alpha and decent mobility, everything else seems crap.

They should just hand out free garage slots and the problem is solved. 

Declaring something as 'too OP' just raised its price significantly when they do decide to sell it.

The best value for me is that fact its free garage slot and I have 30-40 unused slots, so...

I have no interest in playing tier 3s, even less so because for next week everyone plays the same tank.

pz2j would be nastier than ever because it pens these things no probs

More like not trash enough to be a reward tank...

Obscene alpha for tier because WG can't balance alpha to HP ratios. Check

Good mobility. Check

Unusually good gun handling for the tier. Check

Horrific pen and useless prem shell. Check

Armor can't even withstand a pz1c. Check.

will fire once or twice in the average players hands and be instantly raped. Check

Blind as a bat. Not that it matters since low tier only gets like 2 tiny maps. Check

It actually seems pretty solid. Not sure where they got this in par with pz2j thing tho. Truly a bunch of idiots if they believe that. A pz2j can sit infront of this thing and giggle while apcr spamming the hell out of it.

I don't see the problem, they gifted the yearly anniversary garage slot anyway and and gave out a couple of barrack bunks and personal reserves on top of it.

It is just a BT-7 art. that trades DPM and mobility for gun stats and armour. Hardly OP at all.

How in the world is this OP?  I have a Panzer II J, and this thing looks nothing like that level.  Compared to the T-46 (which is about the same size and gets the same gun), it's got noticeably less mobility and somewhat lower RoF in exchange for a decent improvement in gun handling.  I can see you arguing that it is too powerful for a premium or gift tank, but game breaking OP?  If this was WG's idea of too OP, they'd have to nerf or remove half the tanks in game.

On 11.8.2017 at 9:57 AM, hall0 said:

They should just hand out free garage slots and the problem is solved. 

I just love how NA does exactly this and even makes a sarcastic comment about it ^^

Looked it up. Seems like a very mediocre tank. No armor, not particularly fast, horrible accuracy, bad gun depression.