NIborGER

Caernarvon, Conqueror and Super Conqueror on supertest

67 posts in this topic

n-gp697s9s4.jpguk-gb11_caernarvon_vision.jpgconq_vision.jpgcaern_arm.jpgconq.jpg

The Super Conqueror -Rumored to replace FV215b

Mr COnway in EU-forums:

Fixes on British heavies - Tier VIII-IX vehicles

We’ve come to the decision of revising this branch’s top vehicles. While the tanks aren’t bad, we believe they lack diversity: the HT-8 was deeply removed from the general concept and the HT-10 was a technical improvisation of the developers – such a vehicle didn’t exist in reality.

For starters, we took the gameplay of the HT-9 – a moderately armored vehicle with a good gun and armored turret and “stretched” it to Tiers VIII-X, thus creating well-armored multipurpose heavies with excellent guns. We’re working on making the current HT-10 quite special, similar to the Foch (155), in case the changes will be released.

As for the HT-8 Caernarvon, its in-game role is currently a hybrid between a medium and heavy. Therefore, we plan on making it a real heavy, armored and armed with an “evil” gun. In order to do that, we’ll increase the vehicle’s protection and we’ll add a new 32 pounds caliber top gun.

As a compensation for increased survivability and firepower, the mobility and maneuverability parameters will be slightly decreased.

How will you replace the HT-10?

The same as with French TD-10 – if the vehicle was in the garage at the time of the release, the FV215B will be transferred to special tanks.

Why change the tank?

FV215B is an excellent vehicle, but its game style is a bit too distinct, requiring some specific player skills and not corresponding to the principle of this vehicle branch research, due to the rear position of the turret.

What is Super Conqueror?

As we can tell from its name, the vehicle is similar to the HT-9, but slightly improved: more HP, better firepower parameters and excellent armor, even better than the one the HT-9 has.

opha8o2j29q.jpg.jpgsconq_tth.jpgsconq_arm.jpg

Source: wot-news.com

My opinion on Caernarvon: if that reload stays (2800dpm without crew and rammer) it can become pretty sick, especially since british heavys usually have very nice gunhandling.

Super Conq: a bit disappointing gun compared to the fv215b (less dpm, worse handling and aimtime) and the mobility should be about 10% worse then the t9, but maybe that space armor can make up for those loses. I mean 113 and wz11115a are spamming heat all over the place in stronghold and the Super Conq might be a nice counter for that.

Some additional pics for the super conq.:

gqThrmCPg6w.jpg?fit=1060,478Dt9Ikegdk0E.jpgqg0h4V8Navk.jpg

FV215b Replacement

opHa8o2J29Q.jpg

qg0h4V8Navk.jpg

Dt9Ikegdk0E.jpg

6z9n8qIW4Zk.jpg

Tier: 10
Hitpoints: 2350
Hull armor (mm): 152/76/38
Turret armor (mm): 279/89/70
Turret traverse (deg/s): 32
Hull traverse (deg/s): 26
View range (m): 400
Top speed (km/h): 32.3/12
Penetration (mm): 259/326/120
Damage: 400/400/515
Dispersion at 100 meters: 0.33
Aiming time (sec): 2
Reload time (sec): 9.3
gqThrmCPg6w.jpg?fit=1060,478

Tier 9 and 8 changes.

post-936917-0-86575900-1502450696.jpg

post-936917-0-88933600-1502454796.png

post-936917-0-30812100-1502454817.jpg

Beaten to the punch posting this thread by a minute.

More details on caernavon changes:

Canernarvon:

• Side-armor: 50->76
  • Turretrotation speed: 36->30
  • Dispersion on the move: 0,14->0,16
  • Dispersion on turning the hull: 0,14->0,16
  • Dispersion on turret rotation: 0,08->0,10

->all in all dispersion nerfs by ~15% and some armor changes on hull and turret in exchange for a slower turret rotation

It looks like they're trying to widen the play style gap between the Caern and the British mediums

One thing to note about the Super Conqueror turret, is it is actually a slightly different turret than the standard conq/fv215b design. It's the one Listy dug up.

(Maybe not actually now that I look at it again)

didnt notice the turret change.

Though i just compared the super conq to the fv215b stats wise:

• 7% less dpm and less then chinese heavys.
  • 0.3 sec longer aiming time
  • 50% worse dispersion on the move
  • 20% worse dispersion on turret rotation
  • 30% less track traverse
  • worse ground resistances
  • 150 less health
  • 10 meters less viewrange

all that in exchange for armor?

I wonder how the super conq will perform. It will for sure play a lot different from the fv215b

Caer changes look promising. Finally a gun with acceptable alpha (280 is much better than 230 because it allows to out trade medium tanks in the worst scenario hit for hit) and sweet DPM. Turret is as ugly as I am but I can deal with for extra armor.

Conqueror's getting a DPM nerf? It's base reload with 100% crew (so without commander bonus) is 10,5s now, with commander bonus it's 10,07. Infographics shows 11,3s. I don't feel like it's necessary.

7 minutes ago, Marty said:

Conqueror's getting a DPM nerf? It's base reload with 100% crew (so without commander bonus) is 10,5s now, with commander bonus it's 10,07. Infographics shows 11,3s. I don't feel like it's necessary.

It works out to around a 160 base dpm change, and I suspect it is largely due to the hull changes we are seeing gun nerfs (among other things the side armour and UFP changes)

2 hours ago, NIborGER said:

didnt notice the turret change.

Though i just compared the super conq to the fv215b stats wise:

• 7% less dpm and less then chinese heavys.
  • 0.3 sec longer aiming time
  • 50% worse dispersion on the move
  • 20% worse dispersion on turret rotation
  • 30% less track traverse
  • worse ground resistances
  • 150 less health
  • 10 meters less viewrange

all that in exchange for armor?

I wonder how the super conq will perform. It will for sure play a lot different from the fv215b

That much worse dispersion? Ehhh. So all we get is an is7 that trades alpha,  dispersion, speed and some armor for some aim time, penetration and dpm?

8 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

That much worse dispersion? Ehhh. So all we get is an is7 that trades alpha,  dispersion, speed and some armor for some aim time, penetration and dpm?

Not even close, the turret is not impenetrable on level LoS. Don't forget the side armour is made out of tea bags

1 hour ago, Ogopogo said:

One thing to note about the Super Conqueror turret, is it is actually a slightly different turret than the standard conq/fv215b design. It's the one Listy dug up.

(Maybe not actually now that I look at it again)

Definitely different. The rangefinder shape gives it away. 

41 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

Not even close, the turret is not impenetrable on level LoS. Don't forget the side armour is made out of tea bags

As @Ogopogo pointed out, this is a different albeit visually similar turret. It should be easily 5A levels of armour.

I have no idea why they'd buff the Conq's turret though.

PS: I hope they'll finally be arsed to buff the A45. The tank is so shit it's not even funny.

6 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Are they planning on giving the tier 9 Conqueror the same turret w/ spaced armor as the tier 10 Super Conqueror?

Personally, i'd prefer the look of the Conqueror as it is and just add thickness to the armor. 

2 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

That's why I said it trades armor. 

10 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

Are they planning on giving the tier 9 Conqueror the same turret w/ spaced armor as the tier 10 Super Conqueror?

Personally, i'd prefer the look of the Conqueror as it is and just add thickness to the armor. 

The changes look confusing. A quick look on wotnews seems to suggest that:

Conq gets a buffed UFP and extra spaced armour on top of its old turret;

The Super Conq gets a different turret altogether, the one dug up by Listy about two years ago, alongside similar spaced turret armour as the Tier 9, and the 14mm Burster plates as spaced armour in front of the UFP.

I agree, the Conq's turret is fine as it is. It is frustrating to play as a heavy sometimes, but making it an M103 clone is kind of stupid. It is the lower tiers that beg changing, not the Conqueror or the 215b.

Edit: declassified files on spaced armour for conq. Apparently they used live rabbits to test the armour.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a474293.pdf

I really wonder if the Caern dpm will stay. If it does it will be a really nice pub stomper. 

hooray 76mm side armor! .... At least it wont get overmatched by 152's I guess

2 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I really wonder if the Caern dpm will stay. If it does it will be a really nice pub stomper. 

I wish they'd pull the AX turret. It's not historical, looks awkward, and is not needed any more since they are going to give it the fat mantleted Cent turret anyway.

9 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

2.8k DPM? wtf???

Caernarvon our ultimate lord and savior?

tfw you bring your IS-3 to CW and your caller wants 15 Caerns

16 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

2.8k DPM? wtf???

Caernarvon our ultimate lord and savior?

Is3 still is a better platform with better armor (and turret dispersion) plus Caer turret should be pennable for all >200 mm pen guns. Plus you have a Defender that hits for 440. While it looks good it should not replace these 2 tanks due to the shit mobility and poor alpha which still means poor poking potential and low HE dmg. Also less mobility means it will be more prone to be it by arty strikes. 

Anyway i find it retarded that it gets more alpha and dpm than any lt or medium (bar -3 and ravioli) .

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

I'm wondering if they want the tiers 8-10 to be really good at locking down areas at mid-long range, with little fear of gold ammunition when hull down.

plus Caer turret should be pennable for all >200 mm pen guns.

New cearn turret needs about 250mm to reliably go through with these changes.

3 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Anyway i find it retarded that it gets more alpha and dpm than any lt or medium (bar -3 and ravioli) .

For the longest time the Caernarvon has had lower alpha than many tier 8 MTs and even some LTs, since it had the 20-pdr gun (83mm), when most other tanks have 90mm and higher tanks, even some MTs at tier 7 have higher alpha

4 minutes ago, Ogopogo said:

I'm wondering if they want the tiers 8-10 to be really good at locking down areas at mid-long range, with little fear of gold ammunition when hull down.

that would be nice, if they werent planning on buffing so many other tank's turrets along the way.

3 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

For the longest time the Caernarvon has had lower alpha than many tier 8 MTs and even some LTs, since it had the 20-pdr gun (83mm), when most other tanks have 90mm and higher tanks, even some MTs at tier 7 have higher alpha

On a side note, I'm pretty sure this is about the biggest DPM buff I've seen to a tank. Previously, the thing had under 1800 dpm base. Now it has 2800dpm. With BIA, Rammer and Vent you're looking at 3400 dpm.