NIborGER

Caernarvon, Conqueror and Super Conqueror on supertest

170 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Mfw type5 is also more mobile :MingLee:

wait what????

oh right its a bp yeah thats crap in every conceivable way of course the type 5 is more mobile, the bp has the same top speed as a t95 now :MingLee::MingLee::MingLee::MingLee::MingLee::MingLee:

and speaking of dpm, so many people praise that gun for its dpm and permatrack ability. on the tog, everyone praises its dpm- 4+ second reload with 150 alpha aint good dpm. exact same with the bp- everyone is like ooh the gun is nice which makes up for a bad tank

it makes me wonder what the heck they are smoking id probably be more logical after setting a car tire on fire and breathing in all the fumes....:facepalm:

13 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Pretty much this. A high DPM is no guarantee that you can offset the high alpha other tanks get. For example, people praise the ability of the Black Prince to perma-track someone, which is

A) Not true for all tanks, but also ignores repair kits, repair skills, food, ventilation and, someone certainly fits it, repair tools.

B) The penetration is not high enough to track and damage a given target a lot of the time.

C) The 17 Pounder doesn't even have enough module damage to guarantee a tracking shot most of the time.

D) Even if you manage to track and damage a, say, IS, you still need three shots to have the same "effective" alpha, so even one bounce, miss or non-damage shot, sets you already back by a noteable margin.

E) The Black Prince doesn't even have good DPM. Within the tier, only the Tiger P (which is a complete garbage-heap in every concievable way) and the T29 mounting the 105 are outpaced by the BP's 17 Pounder. I seriously do not get the notion, why people think the Black Prince is a DPM-machine, just because it has a high RoF, which is worth jack shit due to all the drawbacks coming with it, but I rant and I digress.

F) The exposure-time to do the same a 390-alpha heavy does, is more than three times as long, which opens up tons of chances to counter-damage the Black Prince by teammates.

Most of these points are true for almost every low-alpha high-DPM tank in the game. The advantage of say 100-200 DPM is simply not enough to offset the disadvantages you gain from the low alpha that comes with it. Have a look at the Tiger I. It works, simply and argueably solely because it does have a sizeable DPM-advantage (and actually decent mobility) and, honestly, the lower the alpha, the more DPM needs to be there to compensate. With a 280-alpha Caern, I would expect a DPM not lower than ~2200-2300, which is what the Tiger I gets one tier lower.

You forgot that you can shoot a BP facing you directly frontally through the tracks and still do damage because fuck you and your shitty ass armor model.

The new Caernavon would pretty much fix all the issues that the Shit Prince faces.

A) It has a faster ROF than any of the tier 10 Russian Meds, so it can permatrack every single tank in the game.

B) While the penetration is not stellar, it is not comeplete trash like on the BP

C) The new gun actually has the same moduledamage as the Russian tier 10 100mm, so it is able to destroy the tracks of even tier 10 tanks with one shot

D) 280 Alpha isn't completly "terrible", 2 shots have the same alpha as a Jagdtiger plus you get that insane ROF

E) Caernavon actually gets good DPM... In fact, it actually gets better DPM than a lot of tier 10 Meds for some reason.

F) The Caernavon actually gets some armor on the upper plate when using its gundepression so exposure is less of a problem.  Plus. with that DPM it can simply trade its health away if necessary

G) It doesn't get fucking Maus mobility on an armorless brick.

Super Conqueror looks Super Shitty. If they don't make the gun FV215b levels then I'm sticking to my FV. 

45 minutes ago, kariverson said:

Super Conqueror looks Super Shitty. If they don't make the gun FV215b levels then I'm sticking to my FV. 

Honestly it looks like its gonna be a worse case of e50 to E50m, or leoPTA to leo1. Going up a tier and 6.1mil creds for the exact same tank.

Yes but it does have Spaced Armor :PogChamp:

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

Yes but it does have Spaced Armor :PogChamp:

Yaay for t10 super pershing

Still don't understand why we're getting this and not the Chieftain...from everything I've heard, Chieftain isn't even considered that great a tank in console.

39 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Still don't understand why we're getting this and not the Chieftain...from everything I've heard, Chieftain isn't even considered that great a tank in console.

Be happy youre not getting the chieftain. If you had the chieftainT95 you'd understand how miserable that platform is, and chief is even more sluggish than the chief95 :cri:

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Be happy youre not getting the chieftain. If you had the chieftainT95 you'd understand how miserable that platform is, and chief is even more sluggish than the chief95 :cri:

Its extremely amusing when you bounce JPEs though. 

On 8/15/2017 at 8:26 PM, SchnitzelTruck said:

I'm shallow, I'm happy to go slow on a mediocre platform as long as I look cool.

8 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

I'm shallow, I'm happy to go slow on a mediocre platform as long as I look cool.

I can respect that

On 16/08/2017 at 10:01 AM, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Its extremely amusing when you bounce JPEs though. 

Good and Bad situation.

When SPG had AP rounds it can punch in through the UFP, Roof and Deck, now we have splash that can do more frustration points from bombing few metres away the LFP or side armour. Since the patch landed SPG are certainly do more harm the nominally thin targets. And dont forget the UFP cannot protect you from 330 HEAT. Also in a less probable situation there is a driver's view port to worry...

5 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

But I agree it looks gud :cri:

On 16.08.2017 at 2:26 AM, SchnitzelTruck said:

The supertest tank that available on china seemed cool. Forward Turret, Slightly more DPM than the FV (yaaay), slightly worse bloom (but better aimtime), 10deg of gun dep, and similar mobility with better forward and reverse max speed. What's wrong with that tank?

Chieftain is classified as MBT and so far all MBTs are mediums. The Chieftains first development name even was "Medium Gun Tank No. 2". It has the "medium" already in the name. I think this is one of the main reasons why WG hesitates to bring it as replacement or as Heavy in general. 

And with the new balance design WG wants so have a similar style of gameplay from T8 to T10. That's why they changed Maus line etc. With the Chieftain the gameplay would change again. From slow Churchilltanks to mobile heavies like Conqueror to a medium style gameplay. 

2 hours ago, hall0 said:

Chieftain is classified as MBT and so far all MBTs are mediums. The Chieftains first development name even was "Medium Gun Tank No. 2". It has the "medium" already in the name. I think this is one of the main reasons why WG hesitates to bring it as replacement or as Heavy in general. 

And with the new balance design WG wants so have a similar style of gameplay from T8 to T10. That's why they changed Maus line etc. With the Chieftain the gameplay would change again. From slow Churchilltanks to mobile heavies like Conqueror to a medium style gameplay. 

Super Pershing was called a heavy IRL so that point isn't true.

It is true WG does not bring the Chieftain as a Heavy. And I just gave you a reason why they might wont do it. 

Pershing was classified as Heavy at first but got changed to medium later. So it makes sense to change the SuperPershing as well. Chieftain on the other had never every should be a heavy tank. 

2 hours ago, hall0 said:

It is true WG does not bring the Chieftain as a Heavy. And I just gave you a reason why they might wont do it. 

Pershing was classified as Heavy at first but got changed to medium later. So it makes sense to change the SuperPershing as well. Chieftain on the other had never every should be a heavy tank. 

It's an excuse. Emil tanks were considered by many mediums too. WG has made up tanks in their trees. So citing historical accuracy would be a bit idiotic.

5 hours ago, hazzgar said:

The supertest tank that available on china seemed cool. Forward Turret, Slightly more DPM than the FV (yaaay), slightly worse bloom (but better aimtime), 10deg of gun dep, and similar mobility with better forward and reverse max speed. What's wrong with that tank?

The hatch is only slightly smaller than the e5s hatch and paper thin. Overmatcheable side armor by 122's. Can't even reliably sidescrape against small calibers because it has hull cheeks. Frontal ammo rack. Only half the upper plate is ricochet angle, the other half and lower plate are pure paper. 

It cannot do anything in a city, and even hulldown it's extremely easy to snap the hatch. I had a comparison pic of the e5s hatch vs chiefs hatch that I need to dig up.

its just another one dymentional tank that sucks in most scenarios. It's a tier10 t29 with overmatch armor everywhere and frontal racks.

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

The hatch is only slightly smaller than the e5s hatch and paper thin. Overmatcheable side armor by 122's. Can't even reliably sidescrape against small calibers because it has hull cheeks. Frontal ammo rack. Only half the upper plate is ricochet angle, the other half and lower plate are pure paper. 

It cannot do anything in a city, and even hulldown it's extremely easy to snap the hatch. I had a comparison pic of the e5s hatch vs chiefs hatch that I need to dig up.

its just another one dymentional tank that sucks in most scenarios. It's a tier10 t29 with overmatch armor everywhere and frontal racks.

People don't complain about fv215b which also has a ton of idiotic problems. I don't think you should compare it to t29 but rather m103 with an amazeballs gun and 10 deg of gun dep. I dig that even if it is one dimensional if it was released I'm pretty sure half of wotlabs would lynch you for criticising it ;)

Also the conqueror with moar armoar isn't really less one dimensional. 

57 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

People don't complain about fv215b which also has a ton of idiotic problems. I don't think you should compare it to t29 but rather m103 with an amazeballs gun and 10 deg of gun dep. I dig that even if it is one dimensional if it was released I'm pretty sure half of wotlabs would lynch you for criticising it ;)

Also the conqueror with moar armoar isn't really less one dimensional. 

I highly dislike the conq and 215b actually for their massive amount of issues. There's a reason why I have neither in my garage anymore.

49 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I highly dislike the conq and 215b actually for their massive amount of issues.

tumblr_msolk2VjDu1sur8xko6_500.jpg

8 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Super Pershing was called a heavy IRL so that point isn't true.

CDC was called TD IRL

Strv 103 and I believe UDES 03 were designated as MBTs IRL

Dont see the problem with Chieftain being heavy because the mobility and gun are more closer to heavy anyways

3 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I highly dislike the conq and 215b actually for their massive amount of issues. There's a reason why I have neither in my garage anymore.

Something must have changed since the last time I have said it the horde of it's fans came with pitchforks