NIborGER

Caernarvon, Conqueror and Super Conqueror on supertest

170 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Nicarasu said:

That's a little disappointing, the Super Conq looks really cool lol. I think I'll save myself the trouble and not bother with that line then, it's not like I am a huge fan of heavies anyway.

I did it for the 215B anyways, so I will just get an extra tier 10 for the grind.

2 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

Imo probably the worst tier 10 heavy. I didn't play the IS-4 so that might be worse.

Its still absolutely no doubt better than the IS-4. Seriously, look at the fucking gun of the IS-4 and how bad it is (T-10's gun is flat out better...), the mobility is better than the proper superheavies but still slow, and for having tier 9 gun (it's gun is not even really better than Defender's gun other than the penetration; the GH while moving is worse lmao) and poor mobility the armor feels so lame and lackluster in this powercreep meta.

SC atleast has still pretty good gun, even if it is all around worse than 215b (tho that thing has insanely good gun so it isnt that big of deal, SC's gun is still acceptable). I would probably argue that its better than the Pz 7 and Cranevagina. That being said, its still kinda lackluster, though it mostly because of the massive powercreep at hightiers.

On 9/22/2017 at 0:21 PM, Canadian_Reaper said:

I did notice in the Super Conq that it seemed I was taking a lot less damage from Type 5 heavies and E100's that derped me. Not sure if the extra armor helps, or it was just some abnormally low RNG for them, ( was over 4 games, not exactly a decent sample size) but I had a bunch of 190ish-220ish damage hits on me, usually they're 300+

The extra armour would have helped due to how the damage for the rounds work. First off, HE (and HESH) are never able to "penetrate" armour behind spaced armour. They would be able to penetrate the armour, but the explosion happens immediately behind the spaced plates. If they made the tank with the correct distances for the spaced armour (8.5 inches/0.2159m), then there's that much spaced (turret is harder to judge the spacing. Splash radius of a type 5 heavy is 3.66m. So according to the formula for a non-penetrating hit damage on the UFP would be (for an average roll)

1100/2 *(1 - 0.2159/3.66) -1.1*152 = 550 * 0.941 * 167.2 = 350.35. Versus the current FV215b which would take on average 382.8 damage from a type 5 HE shell. 

It all comes back to the splash radius of the shell, and what it is. A E-100 HE will have a reduction of of 6%, while an IS-7's HE would be 8%.

On 9/23/2017 at 4:29 AM, hall0 said:

Super Conq. Some armor testing against HEAT and gameplay

On 9/22/2017 at 11:38 PM, Madner Kami said:

Except for some outliers, most of these tanks have quite noticibly higher alpha than a Caern. Or are more mobile. Or have better armor. Or have a gimmick. I think you are focusing too much on one aspect. But we're turning in circles here, let's see what the testers have to say.

E5 clone that can sidescrape?

FV4202 – armor reverted to 9.20 values. Statistics have shown that the tank was OP and now it was decided to test the tank without the changes. Tests will show which version will land on the second CT.

Details:

Lowered engine power from 650 to 510 HP

Power-to-weight ratio fell from 15,63 to 12,26 HP/t

Armor decreased:

Front hull armor from 76.2 to 50.8 mm

Front turret armor from 240 to 170 mm

2 things:

1: The FV4202 never had 76.2mm of armor on the upper plate on the first iteration, thus the change cannot be reverted as it didn't happen in the first place

2: What is the point of testing the unchanged version of the prius if you already know it is a steaming pile of shit.

10 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

2 things:

1: The FV4202 never had 76.2mm of armor on the upper plate on the first iteration, thus the change cannot be reverted as it didn't happen in the first place

2: What is the point of testing the unchanged version of the prius if you already know it is a steaming pile of shit.

Is that from test server?

FV4202 – armor reverted to 9.20 values. Statistics have shown that the tank was OP 

Well we couldn't have an OP non Soviet tank now could they.

3 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

yes.

Then fuck WG. The worst full MM 8 MT and still will be a shit. I'm so disappointed. 

45 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

2 things:

Damn it, WG, here I had hope that the FV4202 would finally be a good tank...

1 hour ago, Fabunil said:

FV4202 – armor reverted to 9.20 values. Statistics have shown that the tank was OP and now it was decided to test the tank without the changes. Tests will show which version will land on the second CT.

We did calculations more players received FV than bought so fuck you with a free premium tank. 

Can't have the British being good after all.

Even with the turret changes, it still had poor hull armour and sub-par dpm. It certainly isn't overpowered as it was on the test server (76.2mm hull might have made it though), so I'm really confused as to what they are doing.

As a side note though, I wouldn't nessecarily rule out the changes as " Tests will show which version will land on the second CT. " but let's be honest here.

Maybe bad translation? I get it reverting some of the buffs but all of them? What's the point of that? Don't give it broken armor. Keep the turret + speed for 2nd round, if that's too good take the speed away for 3rd. See how all 3 versions perform. 

Oh look:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/premium-shop/tier-viii-week-fv4202-sep2017/

As cynical as I am this lets me believe there must have been some miscommunication going on between the WG departments, they should have reverted the FV-buffs in the CT after they sold a bunch of Priuses, this is for sure going to hurt their sales.:minidoge: (Though I'm sure a bunch of naive fools are still going to buy it regardless in the hopes of it being buffed).

WG marketing department should hire me :kappa:

2nd Iteration of testserver: SUper COnqueror buffed + fv215b HD-Remodel

10 degrees of gun depression. Seriously?

Though gun handling buffs and dpm buffs (now exact same of fv215b) are very welcome.

SC9201.png

I hereby herald thee, thy news!

3 minutes ago, NIborGER said:

2nd Iteration of testserver: SUper COnqueror buffed + fv215b HD-Remodel

10 degrees of gun depression. Seriously?

Though gun handling buffs and dpm buffs (now exact same of fv215b) are very welcome.

nevermind NIborGer just did unnamed.png

Meh, I'll do it anyway. Bit easier to understand this, I think at least.

From RU portal:

• T9 Conq.
    • Gun depression of the 32 pdr Mk 1, 32 pdr Mk II and 120 mm L1A1 guns increased from -7 to 10 degrees, when using the Conqueror Mk. II APB turret
  • FV215b
    • Tank made HD
  • Super Conq.
    • Gun bloom from hull movement reduced by 25 %
    • Gun bloom from turning the turret increased by 20 %
    • Gun bloom for the 120 mm L1A1 Gun reduced by 29 % when turning the Unorthodox ABP turret
    • Reload time of the 120 mm L1A1 Gun lowered from 9.3 s to 8.7 s, using the Unorthodox ABP turret (now has the same DPM as the FV215bruh-why-you-got-to-powercreep-me-yo)
    • Gun depression buffed from -7 to -10 degrees
    • HP increased from 2350 to 2400

The bit highlighted in red, what's that supposed to mean exactly? The tank only has one turret, that's contradictory ma dudes. 

I see no change for the Caernarvon. Anyone who still dares venture into the depths of tier 8 shouldn't be too excited for this.

28 minutes ago, GloriousPotatoes said:
  • Super Conq.
    • Gun bloom from hull movement reduced by 25 %
    • Gun bloom from turning the turret increased by 20 %
    • Gun bloom for the 120 mm L1A1 Gun reduced by 29 % when turning the Unorthodox ABP turret
    • Reload time of the 120 mm L1A1 Gun lowered from 9.3 s to 8.7 s, using the Unorthodox ABP turret (now has the same DPM as the FV215bruh-why-you-got-to-powercreep-me-yo)
    • Gun depression buffed from -7 to -10 degrees
    • HP increased from 2350 to 2400

The bit highlighted in red, what's that supposed to mean exactly? The tank only has one turret, that's contradictory ma dudes. 

Looking at the pic NIborGER put up (and comparing the tank inspector pic in the first post of thread to tanks.gg data for the first CT to decipher what each value is), I think the stat increased by 20% is actually the bloom from turning the tank.

I think this means that the Super Conq's gun handling is being made identical to the Tier 9 Conq

Man, at this rate I'll have to re-purchase the tier 9 Conqueror. That tank with more gun depression sounds fun. 

And yet another tank get 10 degrees. Not that I'm against buffs, but good lord these changes are making things seem very cookie cutter.

• Dispersion on hull movement reduced by 25% (0.16 to 0.12, FV215b is currently 0.08)
  • Dispersion on hull rotation reduced by 20% (0.1 to 0.08, FV215b is currently 0.1)
  • Dispersion on turret rotation reduced by 29% (0.14 to 0.1, FV215b is currently 0.08)
  • Reload time decrease from 9.3 to 8.7s (FV215b is 8.7s currently)
  • Health buffed from 2350 to 2400 (FV215b is 2500)

With the buffs to gun handling, it's within spitting distance of the FV215b's, and now it has the same fire rate too. It may just end up being a better FV215b.

LOL. What I really wanted was an FV215b with a front mounted turret. What it seems now is an fv215 with better armor, more gun depression and a front mounted turret. GJ. One thing that makes me worried is they will nerf it too hard before it hits the server

Any1 has info how the fv215b remodel looks?