8at_eNTrOpY

Central Server (NA)

12 posts in this topic

Well, that would help me a little . . . but rip all of the asian players that play NA west.

7 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Well, that would help me a little . . . but rip all of the asian players that play NA west.

Yep, bye guys.

12 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Well, I usually play on NA East from Australia at about 270ish ping and as long as there's no packet loss it's quite playable (although recently packet loss and lag spikes have been regular, which is frustrating as heck). So in a central server is part-way between NA West and NA East, I'll probably see an overall improvement.

To be honest joining the NA servers seems inevitable given population size issues.

2 hours ago, Balthazars said:

Well, I usually play on NA East from Australia at about 270ish ping and as long as there's no packet loss it's quite playable (although recently packet loss and lag spikes have been regular, which is frustrating as heck). So in a central server is part-way between NA West and NA East, I'll probably see an overall improvement.

To be honest joining the NA servers seems inevitable given population size issues.

Same here. Until east started having issues 270ms was fine.

Central America has great server possibilities the problem here is will Wargaming choose A good solid server or pick yet another crap heap? Joining the population is good, But what comes to mind for me is are they doing this because they realize it is a good idea for about 75% of the player base and the longevity of the server or are they doing this because the servers currently are shit? I hope they pick a solid server one that can Maintain twice/triple the average population to be on the safe side would be smart, We just have to hope they realize picking shitty 3rd rate servers is not good for there game and spending Lots of money to Rent/Buy A  good server would be worth it for them if they don't want NA 6 feet under......... I mean NA already been in the coffin for quite sometime. 

In the end like always when it comes to wargaming we will just have to wait and see how they fuck it up.

They have an office in Austin and obviously with Dell and AMD headquartered there its a pretty solid tech hub with good infrastructure.  The WG Austin office is where they do a lot of their analytics and business development.  If you want to find a quality server bank in Austin, its pretty easy to do with plenty of skilled people to run it.

Thus, WG will no doubt base their US Central server in some little piss ant town in Arkansas . . . 

On 8/12/2017 at 0:22 PM, Archaic_One said:

They have an office in Austin and obviously with Dell and AMD headquartered there its a pretty solid tech hub with good infrastructure.  The WG Austin office is where they do a lot of their analytics and business development.  If you want to find a quality server bank in Austin, its pretty easy to do with plenty of skilled people to run it.

Thus, WG will no doubt base their US Central server in some little piss ant town in Arkansas . . . 

I was thinking that Texas would be a good choice for the "central" server because of possible better ping times for the South America players.  However some of the high speed fiber optic cables that go to Brazil actually are connected in New Jersey and Virginia if I remember correctly.  So, I'm not sure if that would make things any better for players from South America.

When I lived in Houston, my ping times to NA West and NA East were about equal with NA East being a little lower.  

Oddly excited for this? NA was a lot more interesting back when it wasn't split.

Sounds like a good idea to me. They will fuck it up.

9 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

According to the NA portal, merge happens August 16th

Wow, much notice....

Not much useful information in the first lot of FAQs. Well, as noted above from my perspective it will probably improve my ping, but hopefully the manage to iron out this annoying lag spikes that started appearing over the last 2 months.