Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SchnitzelTruck

9.20 Armor Changes

39 posts in this topic

Was thinking of making a 9.20 model changes post since one hasn't been made. I'm not gonna bother including low tier garbage/arty for obvious reasons.

T69 pics:

Used 220 pen because of the shit ton of defenders and other tier8 tanks with around that level of pen. Not that it matters since this tank's glory days were 4 years ago. 181 pen pic is against itself.

The HD model isn't larger, they just aren't zoomed at the same level because I'm incompetent.

EcH4rt2.pngSXKT4Yd.png

kTKPtZl.pngL1RupA5.png

Upper plate buffed to around 170 effective flat on. Turret is a jumbled mess as always.

M48 pics:

tyN9lUK.pngmtvc4Z1.png

Gun mantlet hole is now 260mm effective on level ground instead of ~120. Area where mantlet overlaps turret completely impenetrable to everything. (600+)

Yellow spots on turret are around 250-270 effective vs apcr

M46 pics:

IqODoSa.png4pqWuFA.png

Red areas are 270+. Orange 240-250. Yellow 210-220. Green on turret is 200ish.

7q0Dckc.pngGeMVSub.png

Nothing reliable, but youll definitely get some troll bounces. Yellow areas are 250-270 effective. Red areas are 300+

AMX30b:

RUEuu4c.pngVcjrTZ8.png

Really only the mantlet and roof changed. Roof is now 45mm instead of 30mm. The turret cheeks were buffed to the point where tier8 meds and LT's have a chance to bounce but that's about it.

AMX30 proto received the same roof/mantlet buff, however the mantlet is only 255 effective instead of 305.

Area on both AMX30's where the mantlet overlaps the turret is impenetrable to basically everything except tier10 TD prem ammo.

I'm only mentioning this because ive done it before, hatch is now 100 thick and not penetrable by T49 HE :serb:

Type5/4 heavy:

Machine gun port and vision port on type5 are now 260 and 250mm respectively (down from 270). 240 and 230 for the Type4 (down from 250)

O-I:

Ass armor (apart from rear tumor because reasons) nerfed from 150 to 105mm. Which is an effectiveness ranging from 107mm to 130mm

O-I exp

100mm gun removed, 75mm is now the top gun.

Top speed nerfed from 40kmh to 25kmh.

Turret front/ flat plate behind the boobies buffed from 75mm to 125mm. Upper plate buffed from 75mm to 85mm. Lower plate remains 75mm. Boobies are 115mm on the front and 75-100 on the sides.

5dZx17W.pngV97kEWX.png

Upper plate is 125 effective. Flat plate behind boobies is 128. Turret is 140. Boobies are 110-115, red area is 150-ricochet. Mantlet is 125mm

T-54:

GwDvoxa.pngLzinkwP.png

KKhdCSx.pngUZtmoYh.png

Just don't even bother with the turret face, hatch or gtfo. Its basically the current obj140 turret with larger hatches.

Obj140:

xSaWThH.pngUymKV4i.png

Roof buffed from 37mm and 30mm to 75mm and 45mm.

T-44 and T-44-100:

Mantlets/turret front buffed from 120mm to 190mm. Turret side armor buffed from 100mm to 130mm. Roof buffed from 15mm to 35mm.

T-54 Mod1:

Mantlet/turret front buffed from 180 to 200.

Batchat 25T:

All its spaced armor zones on the hull were replaced with armor correlating to the thickness of the surrounding hull armor (40mm sides, 60mm on the angled front). No more getting saved from yolo T49's, arty side shots, and type4/5s.

Large 50mm zone on upper plate buffed to 60mm (same as surrounding area). No more getting overmatched by large calibers at stupid angles.

Now Type 4's hatches are weak enough to get penned by same tier AP semi-reliably because they nerfed them same amount as with Type 5, even tho raw armor of type5 is thicker. Type 5's weaker hatch is in return still at best 50/50 chance against non-TD regular rounds when completely unangled at 100m range.

Basically they nerfed Type 4 more than Type 5 :look: 

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Basically they nerfed Type 4 more than Type 5 :look: 

of course they did its wg:superserb:

Mmmmm how good is the m48's turret against HEAT? Does the hole still have zero armour behind the mantlet?

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

Mmmmm how good is the m48's turret against HEAT? Does the hole still have zero armour behind the mantlet?

It does. It's only about 290-300mm effective turret armor, so regular HEAT ammo (330 pen) would do the job.
The mantlet itself isn't very strong and has a hole so it can be penned by same-tier AP, but it has a ring that overlaps with the actual turret that makes it 600mm effective.

also the tumor is gone so that's a huge bonus

1 hour ago, ZXrage said:

It does. It's only about 290-300mm effective turret armor, so regular HEAT ammo (330 pen) would do the job.
The mantlet itself isn't very strong and has a hole so it can be penned by same-tier AP, but it has a ring that overlaps with the actual turret that makes it 600mm effective.

also the tumor is gone so that's a huge bonus

It's a very very good buff. Even before it would allow troll bounces especially from afar and with poorly accurate guns,  now it should be even harder to pen. Luckly the mantlet is not too big so it will not absorb that easily heat shells.  It will be very good at bulling lower tiers. 

The new Fatton will be annoying as fuck to play against, like the Krankenwagen but with a gun that isn't complete garbage.

6 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

The new Fatton will be annoying as fuck to play against, like the Krankenwagen but with a gun that isn't complete garbage.

At least can be penned by heat but yeah. Nerf e5, buff the fatton

Is there even any actual reason to play E5 anymore when you factor Fatton buffs?

7 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Is there even any actual reason to play E5 anymore when you factor Fatton buffs?

200 more HP

1 minute ago, leggasiini said:

Maybe? More hull armour and hp? E5's turret can still bounce heat even on the cupola and the lfp can be trollish. If both are hidden it is almost impossoble to pen for anything that is not a td with gold. Still it loses in the gun and mobility departement (bar final accuracy) and view range. Not sure. What i am sure is that the Fattons line now is way better than E5s (bar t29) so i believe many should grind the medium line.

E5 suffers even more competition from the chinese heavies and the future super conqueror. I belive it would need a buff in  mobility (less terrain resistance 17-20 km/h of reverse speed, better tank traverse) and gun ( at least 0.02 in dispersion and/or maybe dpm).

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

E5 suffers even more competition from the chinese heavies and the future super conqueror. I belive it would need a buff in  mobility (less terrain resistance 17-20 km/h of reverse speed, better tank traverse) and gun ( at least 0.02 in dispersion and/or maybe dpm).

I think, since they're "removing" 215b, they should make E5 the new "amazeballs gun on a shit platform" tank. There are enough armored or mobile heavies, let's get one with little to no bloom and good DPM for a change.

I think it might be worth mentioning that if you are fighting the 140 that is not using gun depression, you can still pen what previously was overmatch zone with HEAT, atleast part of it anyway (pic is vs 330 pen HEAT, ranges from 80-60% chance to pen, at the edges of what you can pen goes down to 30%).

kIHuNsz.png

5 hours ago, Marty said:

I think, since they're "removing" 215b, they should make E5 the new "amazeballs gun on a shit platform" tank. There are enough armored or mobile heavies, let's get one with little to no bloom and good DPM for a change.

I think it might be worth mentioning that if you are fighting the 140 that is not using gun depression, you can still pen what previously was overmatch zone with HEAT, atleast part of it anyway (pic is vs 330 pen HEAT, ranges from 80-60% chance to pen, at the edges of what you can pen goes down to 30%).

kIHuNsz.png

Sorry but WG doesn't believe gun handling is a thing. It's almost like bloom values were added on accident. The only way to buff tank is to add armor. 

The patton turret feels almost russian reliable on the test server, especially with the removal of the cupola which was really the biggest turret buff.

The E5 is still really good, the hatch is still pretty much immune to lower tiered tanks and the hull armor still works if you're moving.  I honestly think the massive front sprocket nerf was the hardest hit the E5 took - getting raped by a tier 8 autoloader is amazeballs . . . :minidoge:

11 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Sorry, forgot to make pics of that. Its basically butter vs heat apart from random zones, and yeah still zero behind mantlet, but its 260 thick now

Basically WG decide that all turret should be near impenetrable. MORE GOLD ROUNDS yeaaahhh.

1 hour ago, DHP said:

Basically WG decide that all turret should be near impenetrable. MORE GOLD ROUNDS yeaaahhh.

and i jizz myself in excitement cause hull down master race

3 hours ago, DHP said:

Gold rounds will bounce off many turrets if you move around too so this is really dumb. Not greedy, just dumb

Bluehole on PUBG - something's unbalanced? Top priority issue and fixed within days.

WarGaming on WoT - something's unbalanced? Takes months or even years on end to balance - if at all. Makes more errors than not. Typically bottom priority. Consistently releases obviously broken content.

1 hour ago, Fulcrous said:

Bluehole on PUBG - something's unbalanced? Top priority issue and fixed within days.

WarGaming on WoT - something's unbalanced? Takes months or even years on end to balance - if at all. Makes more errors than not. Typically bottom priority. Consistently releases obviously broken content.

But... Defender needed that supertest armor and DPM buff!!!

WG, with all these buffs the IS-3 is getting a little overshadowed. Can you please show it some love again?

14 hours ago, SocialFlaws said:

these changes are so fucking retarded

Im not alone in this train of thought? sweet

1 minute ago, Assassin7 said:

Im not alone in this train of thought? sweet

pretty sure most people here have already given up on WG balance dept to expect anything other than retarded changes anymore

2 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

pretty sure most people here have already given up on WG balance dept to expect anything other than retarded changes anymore

Its so depressing how true that statement is. ugh

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0