Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SchnitzelTruck

9.20 Armor Changes

39 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Bluehole on PUBG - something's unbalanced? Top priority issue and fixed within days.

WarGaming on WoT - something's unbalanced? Takes months or even years on end to balance - if at all. Makes more errors than not. Typically bottom priority. Consistently releases obviously broken content.

The thing is the way the game is designed Wargaming is rewarded for such mistakes (I doubt they do it on purpose, it's incompetence). Make a broken good tanks and people will grind towards it. Make a broken bad tank and people will again migrate to something else. Player migration between tanks is directly benefiting WG so they have no incentive to fix issues that cause it.

On 8/13/2017 at 8:29 AM, leggasiini said:

Is there even any actual reason to play E5 anymore when you factor Fatton buffs?

fatton turret isn't bouncing HEAT any time soon; so E5 is still better for holding down hill positions

16 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Sorry, forgot to make pics of that. Its basically butter vs heat apart from random zones, and yeah still zero behind mantlet, but its 260 thick now

19 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Sorry, forgot to make pics of that. Its basically butter vs heat apart from random zones, and yeah still zero behind mantlet, but its 260 thick now

When using its gundepression it is actually quite resistant to 330/340 mm HEAT with the pennable areas being randomly placed on either side of the turretfront.

Quite easy to miss if the Patton is not tracked or sitting still.

Just now, Fabunil said:

When using its gundepression it is actually quite resistant to 330/340 mm HEAT with the pennable areas being randomly placed on either side of the turretfront.

true, didn't spend much time looking, Had a few minutes to kill and decided to make the post.

20 hours ago, Fabunil said:

So e5 dead?

On 8/14/2017 at 7:15 AM, hazzgar said:

The thing is the way the game is designed Wargaming is rewarded for such mistakes (I doubt they do it on purpose, it's incompetence). Make a broken good tanks and people will grind towards it. Make a broken bad tank and people will again migrate to something else. Player migration between tanks is directly benefiting WG so they have no incentive to fix issues that cause it.

I'm not sure why you think its unintentional, very few companies repeatedly make profit oriented moves accidentally.  Even things like the proposed BC nerf were profit driven to get people out of a very popular tank and into grinding the AMX 30B and Patton.  The constant leapfrogging buff train and stream of OP prem tanks is certainly deliberate - its just not sustainable.

3 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I'm not sure why you think its unintentional, very few companies repeatedly make profit oriented moves accidentally.  Even things like the proposed BC nerf were profit driven to get people out of a very popular tank and into grinding the AMX 30B and Patton.  The constant leapfrogging buff train and stream of OP prem tanks is certainly deliberate - its just not sustainable.

It may be intentional but I disagree few companies make profit oriented moves accidentally (or good moves of any kind). I am a market analyst by trade and the amount of accidentally profitable decisions I see in my job is staggering. Hell I'm currently working in the movie business and my boss bought certain movie (I avoid saying which but you know it) rights for Poland as a gift for his wife. He didn't expect to earn a lot and it happened to be one of the most profitable movies of the year. I see such moves all the time. 

I think someone at WG may know they need to buff and nerf tanks but I think it's not done in a planned and controlled manner. It's more like a "players need to grind, do something" type a thing. 

Also BC nerf like many other nerfs was also a reaction to the complaints of RU server players. 

5 hours ago, lavawing said:

play the 5a nerd

K but that means a looong grind (and 110 is kind of pos a tier cancer)

From the look of it, Obj. 140 is now outright better than T-62A in every aspect since they removed the weaker turret armor, what's the point of playing T-62A now? Or was it a prelude to some change in T-62A?

29 minutes ago, thepingman said:

From the look of it, Obj. 140 is now outright better than T-62A in every aspect since they removed the weaker turret armor, what's the point of playing T-62A now? Or was it a prelude to some change in T-62A?

140 has weak cupolas

5 hours ago, lavawing said:

140 has weak cupolas

Its not like the 62A has strong cupolas. They're just smaller. 

140 is the outright better tank now though since you can't just overmatch the roof. 

2 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Its not like the 62A has strong cupolas. They're just smaller. 

140 is the outright better tank now though since you can't just overmatch the roof. 

The 62A has: one cupola instead of two, which is about 250 effective, and hence needs gold to reliably pen. A large part of the roof is 214mm thick which prevents HEAT from going through.

The Obj 140 has two cupolas, the larger being 177 effective, the smaller with an EA of about 240 with an overmatchable upper rim (37mm). While the roof has received a substantial buff to 45mm, it remains vulnerable to 3x overmatch, and more importantly, Tier 9/10 HEAT at least while on flat ground.

I have not played either of these tanks so I cannot say if the 140 will be the superior variant. I do think that these changes are incremental at best. So long as the 907 exists it is not like either the 62A or the 140 is going to become the top dog among the T10 meds. IMO it was never the 140 that needed the buff, and if any Soviet med needs better armour, it is the 430.

The 140 was always prefered over the 62A simply due to its 5kph higher top speed. The extra gun dep just made it that bit better. The not overmatchable roof is a huge change since before you could just aim at the top of a 140 and pen. Now you have only the cupolas which is a pain in the ass to hit if you're against anyone who isn't stupid and doesn't sit too still. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0