Haruna

Hulp

11 posts in this topic

Hi Tankers,

I don't really come on here much, in fact I dont really come on many web pages. It had taken my laptop 3 minutes alone to load this page.

My name is Addin and I'm a kid from Indonesia who loves playing the game you love. Except, I can't really play it and this is a plea for change; change for good.

I'm not poor kid trying to escape a war or anything. My needs are just more close to your hearts than this. I need some hardware that will let me play WOT on more than 20fps on minimum settings.

My current laptop specs : Intel I3 3110m (32bit), Intel HD 4k, 2GB ram (I'm not good at this spec thing, but my friends told me that it is completely outdated)

https://gogetfunding.com/i-need-fund-to-escape-20-fps-on-minimum-setting/

Isn’t 1000usd too much for this cause? I mean any upgrade would be nice, i assume i5 and decent gpu (gtx1050) isn’t that much expensive in india?

4 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

gl with your fundraiser buddy!

Thank you pal, this is my first post in any forum on the internet so I don't really know what to do, still learning XD

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

Isn’t 1000usd too much for this cause? I mean any upgrade would be nice, i assume i5 and decent gpu (gtx1050) isn’t that much expensive in india?

I tried to upgrade my laptop's RAM (That I know how to do it) with an additional one because there's 1 more slot available on my laptop. When I tried to use it, it doesn't work. Bought 2 different ram & it works on the 1st slot only (which is a waste sadly). I also tried asking all pc shop in my local area on changing the processor on this laptop, but they didn't want to do it because they don't want to take the risk on my (they said rare) laptop which is Lenovo G400s & it's impossible to change integrated gpu right? Then after talking with my friends, they said that it's time to buy a new laptop or a desktop instead. Well that's in Indonesia, I don't know how about India..

1 hour ago, Haruna said:

Thank you pal, this is my first post in any forum on the internet so I don't really know what to do, still learning XD

I tried to upgrade my laptop's RAM (That I know how to do it) with an additional one because there's 1 more slot available on my laptop. When I tried to use it, it doesn't work. Bought 2 different ram & it works on the 1st slot only (which is a waste sadly). I also tried asking all pc shop in my local area on changing the processor on this laptop, but they didn't want to do it because they don't want to take the risk on my (they said rare) laptop which is Lenovo G400s & it's impossible to change integrated gpu right? Then after talking with my friends, they said that it's time to buy a new laptop or a desktop instead. Well that's in Indonesia, I don't know how about India..

RAM won't give you anything, GPU is the problem. 

But good luck with the fundraising. A desktop is your best bet, you can score cheap HW on eBay more than sufficient for WOT. BTW sorry for Indonesia/India mixup. 

11 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

RAM won't give you anything, GPU is the problem. 

But good luck with the fundraising. A desktop is your best bet, you can score cheap HW on eBay more than sufficient for WOT. BTW sorry for Indonesia/India mixup. 

Yea I'm going for desktop, I'll be looking for good stuff with cheap price.

Don't worry about the mixup, it happens lol

On 8/14/2017 at 8:07 AM, Haruna said:

Hi Tankers,

I don't really come on here much, in fact I dont really come on many web pages. It had taken my laptop 3 minutes alone to load this page.

My name is Addin and I'm a kid from Indonesia who loves playing the game you love. Except, I can't really play it and this is a plea for change; change for good.

I'm not poor kid trying to escape a war or anything. My needs are just more close to your hearts than this. I need some hardware that will let me play WOT on more than 20fps on minimum settings.

My current laptop specs : Intel I3 3110m (32bit), Intel HD 4k, 2GB ram (I'm not good at this spec thing, but my friends told me that it is completely outdated)

https://gogetfunding.com/i-need-fund-to-escape-20-fps-on-minimum-setting/

Check out this kid.  He's the king of cheap gaming computers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSy7VGPa8Np8PNjV7Mz-xZg

I built mine

Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4 GHz (Dell Refurb, paid $230 for the box)

16 gig ram

Win 10 free upgrade from Win 7

Put in a bronze 650 watt power supply ($40)

GeForce 750 Ti with 4 gig of ram video card ($100)

Muskin 500 Gig SSD ($125)

I'm in for around $495 total. 

I bought the computer, power supply, video card and got it up and running.   Bought the hard drive on sale and used cloning software to clone my existing drive onto the SSD.  The SSD really makes your system run cooler and it really reduces the work load on the box and noise that the computer makes.  The 4 gig of video ram is a must for gaming.

Darned kids, back in my day, above 3 fps was good :fish:P4kgGqe.jpg

4 hours ago, bigrebone said:

The SSD really makes your system run cooler and it really reduces the work load on the box and noise that the computer makes.

That’s not really selling point. SSD because speed. 

I would have SAS 15k disk if they are faster. 

Back on track, you could build eGPU if this thing fails to get you enough money. Adapter and card should be below 200 usd. 

On 8/16/2017 at 8:36 AM, zapyoug said:

Darned kids, back in my day, above 3 fps was good :fish:P4kgGqe.jpg

Aye that was mine fps too!