Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Canadian_Reaper

Which TD line best for scrub?

11 posts in this topic

Hey all

So just curious about opinions on current German TD's  .I have both T9's unlocked.

Is either the JPE or G15 worth picking up? (my impression from reading reviews is that I should stop at the T9 for both lines)

Was looking forward to picking up the WT, but noticed the JPE line was on track next week. 

JPE's have never really impressed me, but now thinking blapping someone with that HEAT a few times a game might be fun.

Jpe is easymode and pretty fun so long as you have the ability to think ahead slightly (and pray to rngesus)

Ive put a solid 100 battles into it this past month and I'd say it's benefited heavily from super heavy meta. You have armor, you have a big stick, you can 2 shot hulldown e3s with balanced heat, and thanks to most maps being corridors, your shit mobility doesn't matter that much.

being able to take a hit is invaluable. Grille15 can't do that.

I don't have the JPE, but do have the Grille.

I hated it with a passion before it was nerfed. The gun stats are a lie, it will regularly missed aimed shots and get troll bounces on all kinds of targets it should be penetrating with no problem. It's mobile, but does not have a fully traversiable turret, is huge and has no armour so gets insta-gibbed the moment it fires.

It has since been nerfed, so since then I have refused to play it.

My recommendation? Get the JPE instead.

get the JPE, the armor is forgivable of mistakes you may make. you'll learn to stop reacting negatively when you get peppered with gold HEAT/APCR in return and just expect to have your front sizzled.

the big stick 17cm gun has a greater fear factor than of the Grille 15's already impressive 15cm gun. 

JPE. Grille is good too but you need decent map rotation. JPE is consistent. Worst case scenario you trade and still come on top

Wargaming philosophy on bush-wookie TDs like Grille, STRV, Skorp-G, etc = lets make tanks that are equal parts not fun to play in OR to play against.  At least Jagzilla is a fucking tank and you can dig in and hold a corner with it if you need to.  Hiding in a bush with binocs hoping not to catch an HE round from a bottom tier tank is not my idea of a good time.

Get the new Chinese TDs. Decent traverse and gun dep, with enough casemate armour to bounce silver and enough alpha to outtrade anything that isnt a Jagzilla, these are basically tailor made for the corridor meta.

JGPZ is like the most fun tank I've played since prenerf T-22

You want something competetive?

The only tier 10 TD worth getting is the Strv-whatever-the-number-at-the-end-is, but only if you are a bushwanking twat at heart, otherwise sell your TDs and go buy a turret.

You want something fun?

I suppose the Jaegeru can be fun if you don't mind having no speed and getting HEATed in your face, though getting those 1000+ hits can be satisfying (or frustating when you miss/bounce half of your shots anyway).

7 hours ago, Fabunil said:

You want something competetive?

The only tier 10 TD worth getting is the Strv-whatever-the-number-at-the-end-is, but only if you are a bushwanking twat at heart, otherwise sell your TDs and go buy a turret.

You want something fun?

I suppose the Jaegeru can be fun if you don't mind having no speed and getting HEATed in your face, though getting those 1000+ hits can be satisfying (or frustating when you miss/bounce half of your shots anyway).

I need something to run some of the TD4 missions, and the German line is the one I've gone the farthest down. I think (could be wrong) that the WT would be better for the missions. but honestly everything I've read about the Grille makes it seem meh. JPE also seemed meh, but, there seem to be enough corridor maps that it might be more fun. 

Plus the on track saves me a few million credits.

Thanks all!

It may be me but JPE has been giving me big games relatively often but very rarely I got in it true monster ones. It all depends on what missions you want to do. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0