10 posts in this topic

WW2-tanks meet Anime-tanks meet Warhammer 40k.

Can't wait for the first Gundam to appear.

Ultramarines Predator Destructor when????

Funny, was telling myself playing the arl v39 that it looked a bit like something out of wh...

And wondering how long it would be till wg thought " eh. What the hell. *Shrugs*"

If I would play on the SEA server I would be worried. 

Ah 40K, a game I loved despite it having what must be the ugliest tank designs in any game. 

When the Valkyria tanks came into the game I felt a lot of people bandwagoned into hating them because they were "fake animu tanks". I'm actually pleasently surprised by the fact that not even the ultra-masculine SPHESS MAHREENS are immune to criticism.

My stance doesn't change, though. Whether this is acceptable should be based on what WoT as a brand believes itself to be. If historicity is considered a priority, and time and effort is put into it, then fictional tanks should be categorically ignored. If it isn't, then there's no reason that they shouldn't be introduced. And while WoT might pride itself on using "historical data" and browsing through modern military history to authenticate game decisions, the mountain of made-up data that can be leveled against WG easily discredits them. And given the trend of playing progressively faster and looser with data, and the fact they okay'd anime tanks for PC, historicity is - at least internally - no longer considered a priority.

Because of that, why shouldn't they partner with IPs with popular tanks? Yes, a portion of the server population will hate it, but the Halloween tanks - the true precursors for this trend - must have been a success for them to consider these joint-ventures. Both parties win, and the server generates additional traffic. It's a sound decision.

I don't know if "sound decision" and Wargaming should be used in the same sentence or paragraph.  If they keep these WH tanks on Blitz, that's fine.  I dread the day anything of that ilk comes to WoT itself.  That'll be the final nail in the coffin for me.  That or when Camelot Unchained finally comes out.