Archaic_One

VBAddict Closing

21 posts in this topic

Yes, Phalynx was a huge help to the WN8 team back in the day. He has great data. Will be sad to see vbaddict go, but I understand why he made the decision.

Too bad, all the nice tools are dying...

11 minutes ago, breeeze said:

Too bad, all the nice tools are dying...

Shame XVM isn't a nice tool.

´sad to see it go.

Btw. Does anyone has an alternative to see the MoE values?

I've used this site's tools to track my performance and compare myself to others since some of the earliest days of my WoT career.  Each of my play sessions for the past several years has always started by opening up the ActiveDossierUploader first.  Sad to see it go, but perfectly understandable.  There are other tools out there for tracking and comparing performance, even if they aren't quite on the same level, and the drive to do that isn't nearly as strong in the WoT community today as it used to be, for various reasons.

I appreciated the global data more, map win rates, spawn win rates, differences in tier win rates, MOE targets, tank statistics, etc.

11 hours ago, hall0 said:

´sad to see it go.

Btw. Does anyone has an alternative to see the MoE values?

Is there any significant correlation between top 50 DPG and marks? Or should top50 recent give you marks? As reference only.

I used vbaddict all the time for crew skill and equipment ideas. This is bad news and I will miss its information resources.

16 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Is there any significant correlation between top 50 DPG and marks? Or should top50 recent give you marks? As reference only.

generally being #10 recent and above should get you 3 marks. naturally it takes less time if you do more

22 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

generally being #10 recent and above should get you 3 marks. naturally it takes less time if you do more

unless it's a 907 when #5 dpg both recent and overall is 89%

2 hours ago, Kolni said:

unless it's a 907 when #5 dpg both recent and overall is 89%

hey man. it isnt an absolute :minidoge:

I forgot to ask this before, but will this have any effect on WN8 or Wotlabs currently? I remember something on the pubbie forums about VBAddict being the only way to collect certain metrics that are absent from the WG API, so I was curious if this imposes any new issues for the rest of us.

43 minutes ago, Ickus said:

I forgot to ask this before, but will this have any effect on WN8 or Wotlabs currently? I remember something on the pubbie forums about VBAddict being the only way to collect certain metrics that are absent from the WG API, so I was curious if this imposes any new issues for the rest of us.

It will have no effect. As of v30 and v31 the WN8 expected values table went to averages by type and tier, so no further changes need to be made, even if new tanks are introduced.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:05 AM, moogleslam said:

vbaddict is no longer closing, as of ~2 weeks ago.

What happen? Can you elaborate?