Kuroialty

Merging of NA servers

44 posts in this topic

As seen on the official website here.  Lots of people buzzing about this in status updates, but nobody wants to make a thread?

Seems that population has hit low enough that they feel the need to consolidate.  They're hedging their bets though and leaving East and West as backups, but it will probably result in an even worse state if they ever try to go back after too long.  There are talks of server transfers being an option, so if you want to bail on NA to jump to another server, you may get a chance to do so soon.  I might see what the low tier population is like on the central server, but if it sucks, I'll see what my latency to EU is like and possibly transfer.

For those considering transfer EU - also check out RU for ping. They have 1-2 servers in middle/western europe afaik. Depending on routing that might work better for you.

There was a thread about it...

That said, I don't understand why they would keep the NA East and NA West servers live if they are trying to consolidate the servers. If one of the concerns is population (which it almost certainly is) then there is no point keeping the other servers active. Hopefully they're just there while they try to get the new Central server stable.

I actually play from Australia, so I don't think EU or Russia would be a realistic option in terms of stability, but how would one check to see latency with the EU server without having an EU account?

49 minutes ago, Balthazars said:

I actually play from Australia, so I don't think EU or Russia would be a realistic option in terms of stability, but how would one check to see latency with the EU server without having an EU account?

Run a ping plot to their server... which i don't know for EU. But if you're curious for the asia server it's login.worldoftanks.asia

East coast AU typically gets around 120ms to asia which is fine.

EU pingplotters

login.p1.worldoftanks.eu

login.p2.worldoftanks.eu

6f0ce85f54.png

a65bc12de4.png

Well, damn. 

Also doesn't the RU server have a much cheaper premium store with the rubble in the shitter?  

@TheMarine0341 or anyone else who's made an alt on EU... how bad is it, play quality, from the East Coast US?

I'm tempted, if/when they become available, to port over there for the higher population... and to see how many different languages I can get "Gold NOOB" in...

What i would give for premium ammo to not be spammed so often....

Wouldn't be surprised if ASIA had the same amount of gold round usage as EU with 1/10th the population. 

you can also get the ping times to the servers by running the command prompts and using "ping <server name>"

as for me, Eu and RU are out because 300+ ping at the lowest. 

ASIA prime times are worse than NA (11pm-3am no thanks) 

NA is literally the best region for NZ lol. ASIA is better for Australia because they're behind a bit more (2 hours at least so it'd put them at 9pm-1am which is much more serviceable) but NZ literally gets fucked no matter which region we're on. 

I wonder if transferring to SEA is worth it, any decent AUS/English-speaking clans alive there?

19 minutes ago, WorldConqueror said:

I wonder if transferring to SEA is worth it, any decent AUS/English-speaking clans alive there?

No, Australian clans are on the same level as Thai clans, ie, complete trash. Your best bet is to join a clan that speaks some broken English and doesn't mind having an English speaker around 

28 minutes ago, Va1heru said:

No, Australian clans are on the same level as Thai clans, ie, complete trash. Your best bet is to join a clan that speaks some broken English and doesn't mind having an English speaker around 

My old clan recruited an Indonesian speaking player for some reason, and they couldn't kick him, or at least wouldn't - because it was their screwup and not his. Still, it was kind of amusing seeing them trying to type things like 'fire side' and him replying with a question mark.

You'd be looking at SEA for the ping, not for the clan side of things. Most of the good clans reached apathy levels long ago. What's left are maybe one or two 'decent' english speaking clans who still do stronks / CW, a few competitive multi-national clans, and a smattering of other stuff.

9 minutes ago, Ezz said:

You'd be looking at SEA for the ping, not for the clan side of things. Most of the good clans reached apathy levels long ago. What's left are maybe one or two 'decent' english speaking clans who still do stronks / CW, a few competitive multi-national clans, and a smattering of other stuff.

Well yeah the ping is the main draw, I just asked about clans because I don't do much clan stuff on NA coz it's all on east and I get 300~ ping there, so was looking forward to being able to play skirmishes and whatnot comfortably.

29 minutes ago, WorldConqueror said:

Well yeah the ping is the main draw, I just asked about clans because I don't do much clan stuff on NA coz it's all on east and I get 300~ ping there, so was looking forward to being able to play skirmishes and whatnot comfortably.

The clans that do skirmishes often are mostly Japanese, come Korean and VN as well I think. Maybe PYRO does skirmishes, I don't really know 

Ah really, that sucks. Ah well cheers for letting me know, will probably still transfer anyway.

1 hour ago, WorldConqueror said:

Ah really, that sucks. Ah well cheers for letting me know, will probably still transfer anyway.

Its a trap!

My current clan is the only non-complete-potato english speaking clan.

Sadly I can't stay up late enough to go back to CROWN :(
Not that it matters anymore since I barely play the game. Log in a few days a week for CW and that's it. 

12 hours ago, Ezz said:

Run a ping plot to their server... which i don't know for EU. But if you're curious for the asia server it's login.worldoftanks.asia

East coast AU typically gets around 120ms to asia which is fine.

To be honest when I started playing WOT I didn't even consider Asia server, but that's mostly because I had a terrible experience with the SEA server for Blizzard and Starcraft 2. I used to play ladder with friends for 4v4 nonsense and after a while we were playing against pretty much all the same people over and over. I know WOT Asia server isn't quite that bad, but I actually quite like the dynamic on the NA servers, and the connection has mostly been pretty good.

Plus for me right now I mostly play in the mornings before I go to work (I get up early cause the wife leaves early, but I work pretty close to home so can squeeze in about an hour of game-time while eating breakfast) which actually works quite nicely for NA in terms of server population.

18 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

For those considering transfer EU - also check out RU for ping. They have 1-2 servers in middle/western europe afaik. Depending on routing that might work better for you.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Servers

not sure if up to date

European Server

EU_Server.jpg
  • EU1 - Bavaria, Germany (login.p1.worldoftanks.eu) (92.223.1.92, 92.223.1.102, 92.223.1.112, 92.223.1.122)
  • EU2 - Amsterdam, Netherlands (login.p2.worldoftanks.eu) (185.12.240.100, 185.12.240.110, 185.12.240.140, 185.12.240.150)
# of Clusters: 2
Peak Concurrent Users: 200,000 players or more
Forum: [EU Forum]
Maintenance: 05:00 UTC each Monday.
Support: [EU Support]

Russian Server

RU_server.jpg
  • RU1 - Moscow, Russia (login.p1.worldoftanks.net) (178.20.235.129, 178.20.235.151, 178.20.235.173, 178.20.235.189)
  • RU2 - Moscow, Russia (login.p2.worldoftanks.net) (178.20.235.30, 178.20.235.48, 178.20.235.83, 178.20.235.89)
  • RU3 - Munich, Germany (login.p3.worldoftanks.net) (213.252.177.90, 213.252.177.91, 213.252.177.121, 213.252.177.122)
  • RU4 - Novosibirsk, Russia (login.p4.worldoftanks.net) (193.110.91.10, 193.110.91.46, 193.110.91.63)
  • RU5 - Moscow, Russia (login.p5.worldoftanks.net) (94.198.55.141, 94.198.55.155, 94.198.55.174, 94.198.55.181)
  • RU6 - Moscow, Russia (login.p6.worldoftanks.net) (188.127.241.30, 188.127.241.40, 188.127.241.50, 188.127.241.60)
  • RU7 - Amsterdam, Netherlands (login.p7.worldoftanks.net) (185.12.241.63)
# of Clusters: 7
Peak Concurrent Users: 1,000,000 players or more
Forum: [RU Forum]
Maintenance:
  • RU1: 2:00 UTC every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
  • RU2: 2:00 UTC every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
  • RU3: 1:00 UTC every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
  • RU4: 1:00 UTC every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
  • RU5: 2:00 UTC every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
  • RU6: 5:30 UTC every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Support: [RU Support]

17 hours ago, Errants said:

@TheMarine0341 or anyone else who's made an alt on EU... how bad is it, play quality, from the East Coast US?

I'm tempted, if/when they become available, to port over there for the higher population... and to see how many different languages I can get "Gold NOOB" in...

i live on west coast and get 168-174 ping to eu. east coasters should be getting 100-120ish