Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaneaaa

IN the long run, have you found wot more or less enjoyable?

28 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2017 at 1:39 PM, Haswell said:

I uninstalled two years ago and never looked back.

It's like quitting smoking, dreadful at first but you end up way happier not having to deal with its problems.

I stopped playing 6 months ago... I think, something like that. When I stopped I still had over 250 days premium time left. I thought it would hurt, that feeling like I am wasting money but it actually didn't I was so happy to be rid of this shitty game. WG are in end of life mode with this game.Squeezing every cent out of it while it is still a thing. Even the glorious Russian fan base is starting to move to (believe it or not) games like PUBG. I don't blame WG I would be doing the same thing if I owned this game. When I realised that fact it made quitting easier. I really don't want to be part of the decline of anything let alone a shitty online tank simulation.

Look at twitch, even games like hearthstone destroy wot with viewership. Even QB is streaming other games more and more. Whether you like QB or not and I don't really like his style but think he is an ok guy. Anyway whether you like him or not he was always the biggest streamer of wot and now he is trying to diversify. I have watched pubg streamers get to 1000 concurrent viewers in a month yet wot streamers like mountain man are happy to get 300 viewers after years of streaming. The WOT reddit sub has only 35k subscribers after 5 years or so, the PUBG sub has 300k after 6 months (if that). The game is a dying beast and that is all there is to it. 

It was mostly fun for the first 2 years I played it but the last year it was just disheartening watching WG make one shitty move after another. Like I said I don't blame WG. The goose that is laying those golden eggs is a granny now, so they need to get as much for the eggs as possible before the granny dies.

39 minutes ago, Acumen said:

Like I said I don't blame WG.

One wonders whether their decisions have accelerated the down turn.

And yeah, quite a few of the content people are diversifying. Jingles and Dez having another crack at war thunder. PUBG showing up more often. If ever WG needed a better indicator of what people want it's the people who are trying to make a buck out of content that provide a fine indicator.

The game peaked for me about 2 years ago in terms of enjoyment. Been in decline since and have been playing various other games instead of WoT. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0