7T7

Primo Victoria showing 0 WN8

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

I'm just coming back to the game after a long hiatus. Had some extra $$ so I bought the Primo Victoria (I collect tenks you see)

At any rate... I noticed that the PV is showing a WN8 of 0 in my tank list on wotlabs. Now, I'm not a good player but I'm definitely that bad.

I read where we went to average tank values for wn8 but... is there a reason it's showing as 0? 

Thanks in advance...

7T7

Image result for sarcasm face

but seriously, tank values are updated manually, the tank is brand spankin new, give it some time. 

Fair enough... Figured it was something like that. I didn't know if the tank had to be manually added with the new avg tanks values instead of per tank values.

Thanks for the info.

7T7

How did you create a new thread in the very section that this was stuck on top and didn't even glance at the title?

Haswell,

I appreciate the link. I read  that... along with other posts in the math section. I probably wasn't clear in my question(I'm bad).

The 'missing link' for me was... have we fully gone to the avg tank values (v31) instead of the per tank values of v30 (I think so)? If so, is that now an automatic process WHERE TANKS NO LONGER HAVE TO BE ADDED (probably not likely)? IF (just in case) that was the case, then is there a reason that my PV shows 0?

Of course the answer appears to be... no, the tank still has to be manually added to some sort of database which will then pull the averaged values against the v31 table.

I'm fully aware my original post/question doesn't reflect that level of inquiry but nothing I can do about that now. :)

Thanks, Yo.

7T7

Edit: Reading back over this thread, I'm still not really sure I know the answer to those questions (Soviet Russia said that tank values have to be entered manually - well does that mean we AREN'T using the avg values table?). Only that someone needs to do something manually. Which means I wait. Which is perfectly fine and kosher. 

Further, at the end of that thread I found this post by Gryphon which increases my confusion...

Plan is to move to one set of expected values for each type and tier, using a weighted average. So - for example - all tier 8 mediums will have same values. Apart from zero incentive to play bad tanks, it's all good. Best of all, there wont be a need for updates every patch or whenever a new tank comes out. At this point in the lifecycle of WOT, it will be fine.

Okay.. So two people have attempted to snatch my balls on this... Guess no one is actually interested in answering a legitimate question.

There is no 'this thread again.' 

I fracking know that IT USED TO BE that way. But Gryphon posted that it  would be unnecessary

So which is it? A simple confirmation one way or the other would be much appreciated. I'm sure someone with actual reading comprehension will come along and answer me. Or not?

7T7

IMHO: Valid question is a valid question. And to be honest I'm interested too, is there an automatic system to add tanks or it should be done by each of webpage owners?

3 hours ago, 7T7 said:

Okay.. So two people have attempted to snatch my balls on this... Guess no one is actually interested in answering a legitimate question.

There is no 'this thread again.' 

I fracking know that IT USED TO BE that way. But Gryphon posted that it  would be unnecessary

So which is it? A simple confirmation one way or the other would be much appreciated. I'm sure someone with actual reading comprehension will come along and answer me. Or not?

7T7

Just give the masters some time to answer. Most of the people here have no idea what's going on with WN8, WN9, WTR and other metrics. I know I don't.

But you do know that your OP and title was just another thread about ones precious new tank not giving them any even more precious WN8. This same thing happens after every new tank is added, it gets old pretty fast.

3 hours ago, Machiav said:

IMHO: Valid question is a valid question. And to be honest I'm interested too, is there an automatic system to add tanks or it should be done by each of webpage owners?

ditto. The question was just very poorly presented, hence the memes.

In order to avoid this problem, Gryphon (and many others) decided to switch to a per-tier&type value instead of a per-tank value. That said, this meant the format of the expected values had to change, and therefore WN8 sites had to update their code to support the new expected values format.

As far as I know, no well-known WN8-tracking site has updated as of now, at least not WotLabs, for many reasons (WN8 is kinda dead and nobody cares, not everybody likes this new system, site owners are busy with other things...)

Thus, these sites use a "temporary" version gryphon provided, which is the old format (per-tanks values), but with identical values for every tank of a type and tier. If websites continue to use this format, there will still be a need for an update of the expected for the new tanks to appear (but it's an easy copy-paste of the common value of the other tanks of the type and tier).

This is the difference between v31 (new format) and v30 (same values, old format), I think.

2 hours ago, Rapicas said:

As far as I know, no well-known WN8-tracking site has updated as of now, at least not WotLabs, for many reasons (WN8 is kinda dead and nobody cares, not everybody likes this new system, site owners are busy with other things...)

MEMES are because of WN8 worries, no matter how legit question is.

53 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

MEMES are because of WN8 worries, no matter how legit question is.

Hey now, no need to rag on the guy. He has a legitimate concern, even if it's one we don't care too much about since we care so little about the game.

To answer OP's question, we honestly don't know unless someone with expertise in the topic, like @Kitten, answered you. After the WN8 change, we were kinda left in the dark of its fate, coupled with the fact we don't really care about it too much anymore.

Tagging shitten? :serb: Good luck getting that fgt on this forum now :MingLee:

46 minutes ago, _Steve said:

Tagging shitten? :serb: Good luck getting that fgt on this forum now :MingLee:

one can try :doge::doge::doge:

7 hours ago, Rapicas said:

In order to avoid this problem, Gryphon (and many others) decided to switch to a per-tier&type value instead of a per-tank value. That said, this meant the format of the expected values had to change, and therefore WN8 sites had to update their code to support the new expected values format.

Thus, these sites use a "temporary" version gryphon provided, which is the old format (per-tanks values), but with identical values for every tank of a type and tier. If websites continue to use this format, there will still be a need for an update of the expected for the new tanks to appear (but it's an easy copy-paste of the common value of the other tanks of the type and tier).

This is the difference between v31 (new format) and v30 (same values, old format), I think.

Very well said. Our host Never needs to recode to the new format v31 table and from then on, all tanks are for ever covered.

Fix muh E25 values when?! :doge:

Seriously - kill wn-values with fire. 

I apologize for the very poorly worded first post on this. (and the title)

Thanks for the answers. As I mentioned, I've just recently come back to the game. I am more than happy to allow wnX to die. I don't even have it installed in game. 

The answers do present me with another question which I'll ask in another thread as I think it's a bit out of context here.

Again, thanks.

7T7

3 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

Never needs to recode to the new format v31 table and from then on, all tanks are for ever covered.

Like that's ever gonna happen. Isnt he still MIA? I'm just waiting for him to pull the plug on this whole site. I hope it doesnt happen, but I fear it does

19 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Like that's ever gonna happen. Isnt he still MIA? I'm just waiting for him to pull the plug on this whole site. I hope it doesnt happen, but I fear it does

No idea. I recently sent him a message about something else. I do hope he is ok though but I will do my best to not let this site die if I can help it. 

11 minutes ago, Enroh said:

No idea. I recently sent him a message about something else. I do hope he is ok though but I will do my best to not let this site die if I can help it. 

hmm... he was online last saturday, so that's something atleast

how much money do i have to pay to wg to unlock primo victoria's secret 400mm caliber gun that does 3000 damage per shot, has 800mm pen and 0.01 accuracy??