FlorbFnarb

Has there been any word on French BBs...

16 posts in this topic

...and will the early ones have those crazy tumblehome hulls?

 

Mw0PixC.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mikasa will remain the only pre-dreadnought in the game for the foreseeable future and no dreadnought, super-dreadnought or post-dreadnought had a tumblehome hull, due to the hull-form being rather allergic to taking damage, which is kind of shit for a ship, that is intended to survive enemy barrages and especially torpedoes. Though it would certainly be a sight to behold, given how "Age of Sail"-remeniscient these ships are...

French_battleship_Charles_Martel_bow_vie

(Charles Martel, first sister of above's Masséna)

As for french battleships as a whole, I still kind of expect them late this year. though I am getting increasingly uncertain of that. If the UK BBs work out, the french have a good chance of appearing this year, if not, then don't expect them before next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

 

 

As for french battleships as a whole, I still kind of expect them late this year. though I am getting increasingly uncertain of that. If the UK BBs work out, the french have a good chance of appearing this year, if not, then don't expect them before next year.

no way this year, with UK BB late August/September there would be to many (well more then now anyways) BB's.

Pan-Asian line and maybe a short branch of line, Akizuki style maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad.  They should have started the game with Monitor and Merrimack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we will see the first italian line before the second french line. The rest of this year is packed with RN BBs and PA DDs and I think we will see the next line in Supertest late this year for a early next year release.

If I had to speculate:

1. Italian Cruisers

2. French BBs

3. somethink Russia (likely BBs but could also be a third DD line)

4. German paper CV line

5. USN CL branch

6. Italian BBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

French BB's might make me actually reinstall WoWS...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm certain French DDs will appear before the BBs

There are only 4 Dreadnought and 3 Fast battleships classes for the french, while they had quite a few more DDs

Also I just want to see Le Fantasque in the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

French BBs should have a special 'Scuttle' button that allows you to sink that ship but bring in a same tier US or UK ship to continue the fight. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Rodrigopine said:

French BBs should have a special 'Scuttle' button that allows you to sink that ship but bring in a same tier US or UK ship to continue the fight. ;)

 

Ah yes and the the US should have a special "Harbour" button where at the beginning of the match a bunch of IJN planes destroy you without you being able to do anything :kappa: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yoyoya2 said:

Ah yes and the the US should have a special "Harbour" button where at the beginning of the match a bunch of IJN planes destroy you without you being able to do anything :kappa: 

How about a 'First Strike' button on IJN CVs with the sole limitation being that it only works on the Arizona? :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yoyoya2 said:

Ah yes and the the US should have a special "Harbour" button where at the beginning of the match a bunch of IJN planes destroy you without you being able to do anything :kappa: 

Only BBs.  And their carriers are one-shots for American dive bombers.  XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need British DD's.

I started the stupid game in anticipation of using a Tribal class, still waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

We need British DD's.

I started the stupid game in anticipation of using a Tribal class, still waiting.

As a DD main I approve of this message. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

French BB' coming before end of year... so guess pretty soon in supertest etc? Only 3 months left in year.

 

Q (arilies0): Will you add French battleships? And what will be the approximate release date?

A: We are obviously looking forward to the grand French battleships and expanding the French navy in that direction. We can’t commit to any dates at the moment though, but as announced earlier, we hope to deliver them by the end of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, sahtila said:

French BB' coming before end of year... so guess pretty soon in supertest etc? Only 3 months left in year.

 

Q (arilies0): Will you add French battleships? And what will be the approximate release date?

A: We are obviously looking forward to the grand French battleships and expanding the French navy in that direction. We can’t commit to any dates at the moment though, but as announced earlier, we hope to deliver them by the end of the year.

 

On 22.8.2017 at 9:02 PM, Madner Kami said:

Mikasa will remain the only pre-dreadnought in the game for the foreseeable future and no dreadnought, super-dreadnought or post-dreadnought had a tumblehome hull, due to the hull-form being rather allergic to taking damage, which is kind of shit for a ship, that is intended to survive enemy barrages and especially torpedoes. Though it would certainly be a sight to behold, given how "Age of Sail"-remeniscient these ships are...

French_battleship_Charles_Martel_bow_vie

(Charles Martel, first sister of above's Masséna)

As for french battleships as a whole, I still kind of expect them late this year. though I am getting increasingly uncertain of that. If the UK BBs work out, the french have a good chance of appearing this year, if not, then don't expect them before next year.

Told ya all :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.