CardinalMite

Switching off Team damage to be tested...

41 posts in this topic

Can't wait to get pushed around and not be able to retaliate.. where do I sign ? :minidoge:

11 minutes ago, DHP said:

Can't wait to get pushed around and not be able to retaliate.. where do I sign ? :minidoge:

Track them, go elsewhere. You can't seriously tell me, that you are attempting to kill people who push you around, because you get a sure-fire ban after hitting someone three times.

1 hour ago, DHP said:

Send report tickets for people using blocking to circumvent the automated system, it's a pretty big punishment for it (sent a few replays and all but one account were banned in less than a weeks time)

I also don't see this as a problem at all. Accidental shots on teammates won't fuck you or your teammate over, and intentional ones directed at you won't be a problem anymore. 

Friendly arty calls you a cheater for having too much wn8? What's he gonna do :serb: 

FV 183 TD calls you a gold noob? What's he gonna do :serb: 

Only thing that happens here is that toxic trash won't have anywhere to turn to and the game just got a little bit more competitive the second this goes through. WoT has such a toxic playerbase and where the current random format is that the game you are playing right now is the only one that matters has removing team damage written all over it.

bad note: no more 6k jgpz dpg stanlock memes cuz his platmates can't TK the fast tanks trying to farm :feelsbad: 

8 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Track them, go elsewhere. You can't seriously tell me, that you are attempting to kill people who push you around, because you get a sure-fire ban after hitting someone three times.

Are you saying tracking is still possible and no longer a bannable offense ?

Either it is and I can't do it a lot or it's not and I believe people will definitely not abuse that system.. kek.

@Kolni itrue. Still gonna get my game ruin thought.

I'm fairly chill about this idea as I don't think it will affect the vast majority of people.

What it *might*  do is make trolling people less attractive because they can't be baited into shooting the troll.

On 8/23/2017 at 1:49 AM, CardinalMite said:

You will get people deliberately aiming at their own team tanks to exploit ricochet mechanics to hit enemies around corners.

Yeah, I'm sure that would happen.

On 8/22/2017 at 6:49 PM, CardinalMite said:

From a copy of an Anton Pankov Q&A someone reposted on Asia forums we have. EDIT here is the same Q&A from link. https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/08/22/wot-dev-qa-22-08-2017/#more-54993

"On team damage:

We’re planning to disable team damage on the Sandbox, or in one region. It seems a simple and logical decision, since you won’t have to worry about punishment. Nevertheless team damage is bound to the game economy and experience gain, so it’s harder than it seems. We’ll try anyway."

WTAF!?

This is an absolutely awful, terrible, abysmal idea that will do more to ruin this game than OP premiums and bad MM. The fact that they are even contemplating this is a very bad sign that they no longer care about this game being in any way tactical skill based.

You will get tanks just yoloing in to groups of enemies specifically so that arty can spam them.. You will get people spamming gold way, way more than you see now (yes really) into crowds of tanks from both sides brawling knowing they dont have to do more than aim in the general direction of the group and rely on not being able damage the same side tanks. You will get people deliberately aiming at their own team tanks to exploit ricochet mechanics to hit enemies around corners. Big TDs firing hesh or HE into groups of brawling tanks basically rekking face for no skill whatsoever.

You know those replays where some awesome player succesfully fights off 5 or 6 tanks by hugging a live enemy tank  (e.g.side hugging slow armoured non turreted TDs) and using it as cover forcing the enemy to precision shoot or get around?? Yeah?...nah you will never see that again. They will just load HE and spam you to death. Removing weak spots was bad enough, this takes the dumbing down to extreme levels and the day they do this on live is the day I stop playing WOT.

Please go away until you have actual coherent things to post.

On 8/23/2017 at 4:05 AM, lavawing said:

Don't forget to post that the Tiger II is better than the Defender because it has more APCR pen

Link pls.

On one hand arty will live.

On the other I don't take HESH rounds from apes in FVs in my base who think I'm camping when I don't rush a Maus in my tier 8 medium.

Testing? Just switch it off. The advantages of removing team damage greatly outweigh the disadvantages.

rgL38wH.jpg

Those of you opposing team damage removal, I can only assume you are brain damaged. Idc what your skill level is, you're mentally ill if you support this.

How is removing team damage bad? Griefers can't get my HP bar now (yes I consider all arty to be griefers)

11 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

rgL38wH.jpg

Those of you opposing team damage removal, I can only assume you are brain damaged. Idc what your skill level is, you're mentally ill if you support this.

I can't tk the GC anymore though........except maybe by blocking its barrel. Which brings me to, is HE suicide still going to be a thing?

Checking the clan archives I think this must have been one of the highest teamdamages on EU without ban

shot_035.jpg

Putting an end to griefers of all types would be a big positive. And people who don't know how to properly poke a corner when there are multiple tanks on it. And arty. And people who can't aim (double stab at arty). And when RNG fucks you when you are trying to help a friendly that is brawling. And for those of us who are normal, when you make a legit mistake from time to time ^_^.

Seems a good idea to me, what actual good does it bring? People abuse the crap out of it, the punishment system is crap and there is no way they can handle team damage complaints using support so just turn it off. 

Most multiplayer shooters have it off as standard and they have respawns FFS. 

It's just annoying and can ruin your game so why have it there? 

At the end of the day most players will want to damage to the enemy so whilst they might take the odd more risky shot (arty players do this anyway) generally they won't want to be shooting friendly tanks and wasting ammo and reload time. Also how big do you think HE splash is for most guns? Why would anyone bother firing an 8000 credit 183 Hesh shell at a friendly to see if they might get some splash damage? No one that is who. 

Meanwhile with team damage on some 759 alpha TD bob can shoot your light for 80% of its HP because you are not suicide scouting for him and diddly squat happens to him for ruining your game. Yeh great mechanic, very tactical. 

Agree with the above, you have to be retarded to oppose this IMO.