Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SolarflareGrenraven

Has anyone else been struggling with WR lately?

18 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have noticed over the last week or so my WR has been really struggling, it was hovering around 54% for a while

but recently i have dropped in the last 30 days to barely over 50%

I seem to have been ending up in really bad teams in a high percentage of games and as a result have been losing a lot more than normal.

Is it just bad luck or is this happening to others too?

Kind regards,

Solar

The meta is shifting on some maps on EU. You have to adjust. Lost went from 85 to 77% on my marks on the Lowe (though I don't push for them, but it seems doable) but yesterday I pushed it to close to 80 with only a few games. Though there have been some bad players lately too so more steamrolls but when the meta stabilizes your WR will go up.

There are a few changes but the biggest one is less and less people push castle on Swamp and heavies instead go to the small city or below the camping ridge and teams no longer only push one flank on Erlenberg and instead seem to split more evenly. There are a few changes on other maps but new playstyles don't happen often enough on them to be 100% it will crystalize as new pub meta on them. Overall it seems like being less agressive recently is better.

yeah its a bit odd, i have been playing and if i get ahead on wr quitting when the going is good whereas

in the past i would have carried on playing as was confident i could keep the average up..

Its forcing me to be more cautious which i suppose if a good thing for my long term play as i do tend to

be on the aggressive side

Being aggressive doesnt mean throwing away your hp though.   If you can, build your mediums and lights for pure on the move view range so you can spot for your team.  Yes we play in a heavy corridor meta atm but the extra vr will help burn through camo and give your team something to shoot at.   Also pay attention to your map...if you see the opposite flank getting overrun or the same is about to happen to you then there's no shame in going back to a safer spot where you can keep your gun in the fight.

Looks like you might be playing a higher average tier than you were previously

Currently grinding AMX AC46 and i play like potato because i hate this shit, and whatever i do it’s always win. Sitting about 70% with cca 100 games. 

WR is in most situations team dependent so at least find yourself some platoon mates and carry your ass team.

And platoon of 3 tds won’t cut it. 

5 hours ago, Animactus said:

Looks like you might be playing a higher average tier than you were previously

Have been grinding through the chinese LTs and am on the tier 9 now so most of the games i have been playing lately are tier 8 and 9

But thats been the case for some time tbh

Also tbh i am often one of the higher damage etc in the team so i dont think its me dragging down my win rate, i just seem to have been getting absolutely shocking teams lately, commonly having 4-5 tomatoes on my team while the opposing team has 1 and a load of blue players.. they really need to implement some sort of team levelling metric in the MM in my opinion.

Something that takes the 30 players selected for the match and distributes base on their recent WN8 or something similar surely wouldn't be that hard to implement?

3 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Currently grinding AMX AC46 and i play like potato because i hate this shit, and whatever i do it’s always win. Sitting about 70% with cca 100 games. 

WR is in most situations team dependent so at least find yourself some platoon mates and carry your ass team.

And platoon of 3 tds won’t cut it. 

The trouble with that is you end up then with 70% bottom tier games

16 minutes ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

The trouble with that is you end up then with 70% bottom tier games

For me that's not a problem (if i play non shit tank). 3 man platoon can really romp-stomp enemies. 

33 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

For me that's not a problem (if i play non shit tank). 3 man platoon can really romp-stomp enemies. 

Fair enough, if you have enough people you can platoon with i guess who are decent players

59 minutes ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

Fair enough, if you have enough people you can platoon with i guess who are decent players

Yeah i have gang of really good players. 

One more thing that may be influencing the gameflow is more TD's recently thanks to Foch rush and STRV special. 

I've noticed an insane amount of TDs lately, its making any kind of aggression a lot more risky.  My recents plummeted during the summer, hopefully the kiddos being back in school during the day will help. 

I get: https://prnt.sc/gcei9a 
My session playing with superheavies http://prntscr.com/gcho0l 

These are all the fucktard sessions I get when playing WoT since the new merge

On 8/23/2017 at 8:03 AM, SolarflareGrenraven said:

Hi Guys,

I have noticed over the last week or so my WR has been really struggling, it was hovering around 54% for a while

but recently i have dropped in the last 30 days to barely over 50%

I seem to have been ending up in really bad teams in a high percentage of games and as a result have been losing a lot more than normal.

Is it just bad luck or is this happening to others too?

Kind regards,

Solar

Mine took a nose dive from 48% down to 46%, coming back up now.  The 3x weekend did it.  Got stuck on many crap teams, too.

I have also noticed this recently, especially on the weekends I have problems getting it up, I usually start with something like 2 won and 12 lost before it starts to get better. 

7 hours ago, raulz0r said:

I have also noticed this recently, especially on the weekends I have problems getting it up

I think you're in the wrong forum. :kappa:

4 hours ago, monjardin said:

I think you're in the wrong forum. :kappa:

I walked right into that. :)

Glad its not just me. I had about 3 weeks of 30% winrate gameplay, I just could not get on a descent team :(  3 -15 over and over. One min you are looking good , the next you are all thats left and 12 tanks are swarming you, lol  I mentioned it in WOTs forums and was trolled, your a shitter, learn to play etc.  Makes me happy to see I wasn't going nuts

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0