SchnitzelTruck

WZ-132-1 Hate Thread

52 posts in this topic

The single worst tank I have ever had the displeasure of playing.

71% hit rate... This gun is so fucking awful I find myself struggling to pass DPG's I easily get in tier8's. In fact my tier7 VK4503 has the same DPG. Which of course means I'm barely contributing and raping my WR.

Massive module and crew damage. Nearly every hit will break or kill something. Fires are so common you cant run food to attempt to rectify the horrific gun. I tried running rep, food, and autoextinguisher. But with how heavy the crew damage is, especially from arty splashes, it's worthless.

I'm not even gonna bother saying anything else about it, its not worth the words. If you're grinding the Chinese LTs, just stop. Its horrific tank after horrific tank, topped with a horrific tank.

I'm gonna give it 50 battles and then most likely rage sell it just like I did with the 13 105.

I think a lot of it just has to do with how variable the two tanks' mm are. One sees up to 9s or 10s (tier 7 or 8 ) but at a much less frequent rate.

Then there is the hp bottleneck. Sure the pen could use work but god damn. 1500 hp means you are a 1 clip to every autoloader available at tier 10mm (barring emil 1) and can't afford to take hits at all. Factor that with lackluster penetration that makes heavies virtually immune to lights and you get a horrible platform. Watching superheavies right-click + left-click you and pen every time while you flank and aim at proper weakspots and still get cucked by the 50/50 rolls to penetration and horrid accuracy makes my limited experience with the tank all the more frustrating.

Interestingly enough, I found the RHM Panzer enjoyable to play but not the WZ.

These are the only good things about the WZ

ev56JXU.jpg

AmdmmNs.jpgDXhwMTc.jpg

It's sexy and T30's and STRV's bounce on you.

Had a game in it where i had to run from type 5s and other super heavies bullying a friendly 113. After the friendly died he raged in chat at me. He lost his mind when i told him there was no way to help him, so he replied by saying the wz-132-1 'has nothing wrong with it'.

Laughed a solid minute at the claim there was nothing wrong with the tank.

I just managed to do a whole 790 damage. 14 shots and 2 pen. Lmao

I'd have the exact same DPG in the T-34-2, probably better actually. If id bother playing it.

Games are supposed to be fucking enjoyable.

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I just managed to do a whole 790 damage. 14 shots and 2 pen. Lmao

I'd have the exact same DPG in the T-34-2, probably better actually. If id bother playing it.

Games are supposed to be fucking enjoyable.

At least now I know that I will unlock the 121 then

Run your mouse over the primary ammo icon in garage - what is the pen at 500m vs pen at 50m? The Sheridan is a totally shite 189 vs 236 (20% drop off) which explains one aspect of why it fails; was wondering if 132-1 was any better...

1 hour ago, Gryphon_ said:

Run your mouse over the primary ammo icon in garage - what is the pen at 500m vs pen at 50m? The Sheridan is a totally shite 189 vs 236 (20% drop off) which explains one aspect of why it fails; was wondering if 132-1 was any better...

All tier10 LT's have that drop off.

WG is paranoid of having tier10 T67's or something, even tho they created the STRV's

and yet yesterday you brutally murder me in one of those....

@SchnitzelTruck, were there any Chinese lights that you enjoyed? I'm asking because I'm going up that line and am currently on the WZ-132 (tier 8 ) and I'm finding it really enjoyable and have liked all the previous tanks that came before it. I've also seen other good players playing the Chinese tier 10 and they seem to like it. Does it just not suit your style?

12 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

@SchnitzelTruck, were there any Chinese lights that you enjoyed? I'm asking because I'm going up that line and am currently on the WZ-132 (tier 8 ) and I'm finding it really enjoyable and have liked all the previous tanks that came before it. I've also seen other good players playing the Chinese tier 10 and they seem to like it. Does it just not suit your style?

Shit gun = not for me. Simple as that.

I enjoyed the 5916 as it felt competative, playing the rest is like intentionally gimping myself.

edit: just played another game in it after a 3hr break. TK'd instantly. Lol. 2.4k dpg. 45% wr. Pathetic.

Just now, SchnitzelTruck said:

Shit gun = not for me. Simple as that.

I enjoyed the 5916 as it felt competative, playing the rest is like intentionally gimping myself.

Yes, I've definitely found that you absolutely have to let the guns aim in all the way, otherwise it's a lottery. However, they don't feel any less accurate to me once they are aimed in, although maybe I'm imagining things. I like the fact that they have such nice alpha also.

4 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Yes, I've definitely found that you absolutely have to let the guns aim in all the way, otherwise it's a lottery. However, they don't feel any less accurate to me once they are aimed in, although maybe I'm imagining things. I like the fact that they have such nice alpha also.

Just you wait for the tier9. You lose gun handling, mobility, accuracy, in exchange for alpha. You're in for some fun.

In true WG form, the only good chinese lights are the premium ones. Beyond that, i'm 9 games into the 132-1, it's going to gather a lot of dust. It feels more team dependent than the 9 if that's possible. I'm amazed at how little health you get - it's basically tier 8 med health. A gun and view range that is worse than 9 meds. But you do get mobility. \o/

59-16 was a real treat when it had the autoloader, I can only imagine how that thing would be with the new MM. RIP you magnificent bastard.

I'm convinced this thing is the worst tank I've ever played, and I 3 marked the 4005.

Played my tenth battle. Bounced 3 fully aimed off the side of a 268 at about 200m range. Such fun, such fun.

5 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Played my tenth battle. Bounced 3 fully aimed off the side of a 268 at about 200m range. Such fun, such fun.

lucky you, I cant even hit the side of a 268 from 200m

I'm gonna go full pubby foil hat mode and say tier10 LT's have their own dispersion mechanic

I frankly adore the wz-131.  Averaging around 850 dpg and 58% wr in it, .32 accuracy, very solid pen for its tier (better than many of the tier 7 meds other than the t20), lovely mobility, and the turret can puil off the occasional surprise bounce.  Running a 3 skill girl crew in it, optics/vents/vstab.

3 minutes ago, Tanager said:

I frankly adore the wz-131.  Averaging around 850 dpg and 58% wr in it, .32 accuracy, very solid pen for its tier (better than many of the tier 7 meds other than the t20), lovely mobility, and the turret can puil off the occasional surprise bounce.  Running a 3 skill girl crew in it, optics/vents/vstab.

This is about the tier 10 tho

4 minutes ago, Tanager said:

The accuracy and pen you like on the tier 8 is gone in the tier 10.

1 minute ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

This is about the tier 10 tho

Sure, but @DirtyACE7 asked about the entire line, you responded regarding the tier 9, and others weighed in about the 59-16.  So not sure why you called me out.

2 minutes ago, hiipanda said:

The accuracy and pen you like on the tier 8 is gone in the tier 10.

I like it on the tier 7, have unlocked but not yet bought the tier 8.

Sorry, i read your post as wz 131.

1 minute ago, Tanager said:

Sure, but @DirtyACE7 asked about the entire line, you responded regarding the tier 9, and others weighed in about the 59-16.  So not sure why you called me out.

fair enough

2 minutes ago, hiipanda said:

Sorry, i read your post as wz 131.

You read it correctly, the wz-131 is a tier 7. :)