Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaneaaa

Is the Thunderbolt worth buying>

11 posts in this topic

It's on sale now and I heard some good things, but not sure if it's worth getting... 

Also the ISU 122S...any feedback/thoughts?

And also, is there anything coming up for sale which you are looking forward to? I'd like to hear what you're interested in getting..

It's a good T6 medium tank,..but it's a T6 medium tank with 115 alpha. Great when you're top tier, useless vs T8 and any T7 that's not driven by a complete moron. 

Armor is the same, great for a T6 medium tank, you will bounce a lot of shells from anyone up to T6, after that it's more up to RNG than your armor.

The crew is the most valuable thing in that purchase.

I bought my thunderbolt for the crew alone. They almost 3 full skills now at less than 100 battles.

Its the best of all the US Sherman variants, if you want a SH medium from the US its the one to have. Its probably inferior to the 34-85M, Crommy B, and maybe the Czech and Swed prems, but it shits all over the Fury.  It shoots almost as fast as a never-ending autoloader and the armor is trolly

4 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

It's on sale now and I heard some good things, but not sure if it's worth getting... 

And also, is there anything coming up for sale which you are looking forward to? I'd like to hear what you're interested in getting..

i bought it when it had the 100% BIA crew.  It was worth it.  the reload on it is less than 3 seconds when you get ramped up.  The downside is everyone has learned to shoot gold at it to pen it.  It's a good crew trainer and you'll have some good games in it; but, you get bottom tiered a lot, which sucks.  I thought it was worth it.

i would say noo

i'll explain why

the current mm is 3/5/7, so that means most of the matches thunderbolt is gonna be in tier 8 matches. pretty much being free exp for tier 8 to shoot at. current mm doesn't favor tanks from tier 6-8 

34 minutes ago, KurapikaHxH said:

i would say noo

i'll explain why

the current mm is 3/5/7, so that means most of the matches thunderbolt is gonna be in tier 8 matches. pretty much being free exp for tier 8 to shoot at. current mm doesn't favor tanks from tier 6-8 

Sorry to disagree.

I'm grinding through A-43 and training Pudel's crew. So with that experience IMO MM is very gentle for tier VI right now. 

Even more, I'm thinking that T6 is much better (purely) from MM pov than T8 (may be a confirmation bias ;) ) So if you want to buy thunderbolt don't worry about seeing T8 too often. 

Ps: mobile sorry for any mistakes

1 hour ago, Machiav said:

Sorry to disagree.

I'm grinding through A-43 and training Pudel's crew. So with that experience IMO MM is very gentle for tier VI right now. 

Even more, I'm thinking that T6 is much better (purely) from MM pov than T8 (may be a confirmation bias ;) ) So if you want to buy thunderbolt don't worry about seeing T8 too often. 

Ps: mobile sorry for any mistakes

You are lucky then. I do see tier 8 quite a lot, though less than a tier 8 would see tier 10s.  

9 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

You are lucky then. I do see tier 8 quite a lot, though less than a tier 8 would see tier 10s.  

I don't think tier 6 gets shat on nearly as hard as tier 8.  I don't think *any* tier gets shat on as hard as tier 8.

The problem with tier 6 is that, whereas you might have seen as top tier things like the t32 (with a body very pennable by many tier 6s), nowadays you see Defenders and the like.  It's not just seeing tier 8s, it's which tier 8s you see.  But still...a lot better than tier 8 seeing, well, any tier 10 whatsoever.

And if you really hate tier 6, play a Type 64 and have your hatred cured.

Tier 7 is freaking sweet right now.  Tied with Tier 9 for most playable, might even be in the lead.

@kaneaaa Search is your friend - there has been an ISU-122S thread before over in the Vehicles forum.

1 hour ago, Tanager said:

I don't think tier 6 gets shat on nearly as hard as tier 8.  I don't think *any* tier gets shat on as hard as tier 8.

The problem with tier 6 is that, whereas you might have seen as top tier things like the t32 (with a body very pennable by many tier 6s), nowadays you see Defenders and the like.  It's not just seeing tier 8s, it's which tier 8s you see.  But still...a lot better than tier 8 seeing, well, any tier 10 whatsoever.

And if you really hate tier 6, play a Type 64 and have your hatred cured.

Tier 7 is freaking sweet right now.  Tied with Tier 9 for most playable, might even be in the lead.

@kaneaaa Search is your friend - there has been an ISU-122S thread before over in the Vehicles forum.

Since the patch i have seen tier 4s 4 times and i am not exaggerating 

On 27/08/2017 at 11:37 PM, kaneaaa said:

All the "Berlin" tanks are purchased for the super crews, which are what you are paying the money for, and those crews are well worth the cash. The fact that they come with a free tank, and that most of the "Berlin" tanks are OK is just a bonus.

I have the Thunderbolt. I bought it for a light tank crew. I do not rate it as good as the Fury and M4A3E8 as it is much slower than both of those, and I feel the ability to move around the battle is of greater importance with the Shermans, than the fact that the Thunderbolt has armour that gives occassional bounces against same tier and lower opposition. Nonetheless as a free tank, it is pretty decent.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0