kaneaaa

Any thoughts on t10 30 vs 30 grand battles?

26 posts in this topic

Did a few games today. Not sure, seems a bit messy. The map is ok... but seems quite generic and dull IMO. Also, average of around 8-10 bonds per win... stingy? 

Map favours small tanks that can use the hills to hulldown. Also right now everyone is playing like a retard. The amount of times I have been pushed out of the way by teammates makes me wish for a genocide.

Bonds cant be too high or you'll never run out. Avg of 12 means you can run Vents booster indefinetly. They amount over time so trying to grind Bonds is stupid, just play the game and you'll end up with a few. 10 games is about 90 bonds for me, 100 if they'te good. 

500 games later - essentially free IEquip for playing the game

1500 games later - full tank of IEs

Any lower than that and it's too easy.

I like GBs. I always like playing something different to test how well I can read a map and think on my feet in a format I never played. 

I did better than I thought and found some sick redline bushes :kreygasm: 

I also like it, but man don't get spotted early trying to cross in open - the bush-wookies are real.

1 hour ago, Kolni said:

hey i know a guy that maybe interested in these positions can he get a link :kappa:

1 hour ago, Kolni said:

Swell.....

So is it worth maxing vision? (I'm guessing so, but..I suck so what do I know) I pretty much game up on optics on most of  my T10's as vents just worked better for me. But this map seems like it's...big.

36 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Swell.....

So is it worth maxing vision? (I'm guessing so, but..I suck so what do I know) I pretty much game up on optics on most of  my T10's as vents just worked better for me. But this map seems like it's...big.

it's not worth going vision for just the one map, it's hellabig when you can sit in the middle of the map and still be 200m out of render to both sideflanks

39 minutes ago, Rspctd said:

hey i know a guy that maybe interested in these positions can he get a link :kappa:

i'll try and remember to do prints next time i play it (only played one game so far)

Dont know yet, i played 2 games so im not sure. For what i have seen i awards camping which is something i never like espaciallily if it is base camping

I don't believe they exist. I've had half a dozen tier-10-only matches today and no grand battles.

1 hour ago, monjardin said:

I don't believe they exist. I've had half a dozen tier-10-only matches today and no grand battles.

Check if you have them on.

Wg said that on poor performance machines they won't be enabled by default..

On EU it's a gb every 3 games 

Imo wg should make GBs a separate mode instead of making it random..

I'm sure it will attract a lot of people and not screw tier 8s even more

And maybe make it available for other tiers as well (t8)

I have it turned on, but I'm on NA. Maybe it will work tonight. A lot of people were complaining about spamming 10's and not getting the new game mode. 

Edit: They asked for feedback on the official forums and the overwhelming response is "please turn them on." LOL

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/554220-grand-battles-feedback/page__st__20__p__11205934

Played one battle yesterday, was killed in mid with few thousands of dmg, too much invisible camp bush tanks. 

Potentially good mode but when everyone cools off a bit. So I turned it down at least for month. 

7 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

And maybe make it available for other tiers as well (t8)

The whole point of this game mode is to remove the high amount of tier 10s from the mixed tier battles. This way people won't get tier 10 battles with their tier 8s constantly. If you make it available for tier 8 tanks as well, then the proportions won't change, and you end up with the same shit.

7 hours ago, monjardin said:

I have it turned on, but I'm on NA. Maybe it will work tonight.

According to WG's statement there is a 10% chance to get GB. Keep in mind you need 60 tier 10's in the queue at the same time. 

Also on the EU the occurrence of the GB was fucked up at the beginning. Almost every tier 10 battle was GB. I was top tier in my tier 8s like 6 times in a row. Sadly they recognized the mistake and hot-fixed it at 6-7 pm local time. There was even a server restart, to apply the hot-fix. The mm was actually good for a couple of hours, but it turned out to be a bug.

:nofun:

Yes yesterday almost every game was a grand battle in afternoon. You can only take 1 map for so long...

Out of 6 battles at the start of my playing session yesterday, 5 were GB. Then I proceeded to play tier 9, and had 80% win rate. Profit. 

Grand Battles, you mean 20 TD campers per side mode. Don't have, nor like, high tier TDs (except the Jagdtiger) and i can't stand playing my EHundo on a big map. I will disable the mode (and let it rot) until maybe i unlock the IS-7.

Maybe it's configured differently on NA? I had a **** ton of standard tier-10 only battles and only got a grand battle once out of >20 attempts.

On the other hand, I actually really enjoy the full tier 10 standard games. Those were extremely rare from removal of battle tier 12 until the combination of new matchmaking and people spamming 10's to see the new game mode.

It takes camping to a new level, that's true. Peronsally, I think the map is awful...wide open space for tds to sit and wait for someone to use some brain activity. The map is a fail, but I like the concept of 30 vs 30. 

I dont understand why they did not give us the 30vs30 from Sandbox, that one was fun. This is just stupid plus i dont remember this map ever being there. 

I enjoy this new mode, even if I find some flaws in it. Its fun to have battles at this scale, and that feeling when 6th sense lights with the Grille15 is hard to match :P

I like brawling with meds in the south, even if I find it annoying that if the enemy pushes that flank, is difficult to run away w/o getting massacred. Hill fights are fun, and the city is finally not a corridor and u can do some flanking. I also love the diminished impact of arty on this map, or at least this my experience till now with it. Longer shell flight time and probably the fact that the map is new and people didn't learn it yet doesn't make arty a threat....for now.

What I find it difficult is to play this map with slow tanks. I own an E100 and a Jpz, but when playing those tanks I recently started to disable GB, as I can't make them work. With the Jpz I can't push a corridor, as you'll surely get flank shots, and you need to make camp in a bush somewhere and stay till the end, and the E100 is to slow for my like to do anything useful, except some brawl near the mid, which either ends fast (you loose it and die) or the enemy doesn't push and leave you exposed to enemy TDs :(

The map is so badly designed that I permanently disabled the mode.

How do you expect people to have fun when you have 2 massive hills covered with rocks and bushes, filled with high alpha TDs that have LoS over the whole map?

You poke a heavy trying to climb to the castle and bam, you're dead because 2x strv and 2x jpze hit you. Arty isn't that much of an issue because they have other 29 tanks to shoot at, but man, the TDs are so annoying..

I usually play the middle because you get some really juicy side shots on people fighting the south or the town up north. But damn, every time I try to be aggressive I have to fall back because there's a e3 looking at me from 500m and I can't do anything about it.

As usual wg took a good idea and turned it I to a steaming pile of crap.

(And maybe make a separate mode for that so people that want to play gbs won't flood the random's queue with tier 10s)

@TAdoo87 ok, but a 30v30 tier 8 game can make people enjoy tier 8 again, right now it's either 15x tier 8 or 3-5-7, with 1 top tier game in 3-5-7 once in a blue moon.. Since the new mm went live I've played only a handful of 3-5-7 or even 5-10 games in my tier 8s.

The only issue and it really what WG should be focusing on is that all 4 arty can focus the same person. I still don't get that. One tank should never have more than one arty shooting at him. 2 or more makes it unplayable. 

50 minutes ago, DHP said:

The only issue and it really what WG should be focusing on is that all 4 arty can focus the same person. I still don't get that. One tank should never have more than ZERO arty shooting at him. 2 or more makes it unplayable. 

FTFY. 

Cancer game mode especially when arty shit is highly rewarded with bonds. 

I am being more reaslistic here. WG will never remove arty and i actually don't mind it now with only one arta on the other side. It quickly becomes cancer once more than one start to shoot at the same person though.