hazzgar

AMX 50 Foch B

42 posts in this topic

Ok. Initial impressions? Despite the forumites crying I don't find it super OP. Pubbies are crying but the platform is still super awkward, the gun is still derpy and now you have less pen. Sure you can permatrack people but it's a one trick pony. 

Hey man. Batchat is OP.

17 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

Hey man. Batchat is OP.

Bat chat is way better. I am really trying to like this tank. I even get good teams at 71% wr but 2000dpg... It is so awkward

i thought people said it was gonna be shit? is it actually OP? I haven't played it yet. 

6 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

i thought people said it was gonna be shit? is it actually OP? I haven't played it yet. 

Pubs cry it's better than WTF 100

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

Pubs cry it's better than WTF 100

I just played a game in it.

its the second coming of the waffle but with less alpha and no turret wtf

It's strong. Not overpowered like the waffle was with its laser accuracy/aimtime/turret/clipanytank

8 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

It's strong. Not overpowered like the waffle was with its laser accuracy/aimtime/turret/clipanytank

I clip most tanks still :jebaited:

If you know its likely to be on a flank its pretty easy to play around/deal with.

I still find those swedish pancakes more irritating. If one catches me in the open I really only have myself to blame.

18 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

you can't clip all the tanks now, you can clip all but like 3 or 4

#balanced

A Foch B came to the brawling area. He wanted to kill me out of 4 tanks. He went over a ridge, sat on the top of it, and clipped me. He was exposed the entire time and lost like 1.5k hp.

He decided I have to die and there was absolutely nothing I could have done to prevent it. 10/10 game balance.:babyrage:

When was the last time WG introduced a tier 10 TD, that wasn't OP or broken or both. Upon introduction the last few TD's were so horribly balanced it is not even funny. (Foch B, Strv, Grille, WTF100, FV TDs)

21 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

A Foch B came to the brawling area. He wanted to kill me out of 4 tanks. He went over a ridge, sat on the top of it, and clipped me. He was exposed the entire time and lost like 1.5k hp.

He decided I have to die and there was absolutely nothing I could have done to prevent it. 10/10 game balance.:babyrage:

When was the last time WG introduced a tier 10 TD, that wasn't OP or broken or both. Upon introduction the last few TD's were so horribly balanced it is not even funny. (Foch B, Strv, Grille, WTF100, FV TDs)

I hate those trades, i had few games yesterday and Foch B is always one that died first. It’s very powerful in skilled hands, but morons want clip some fool and die. And there is normalno you can do about it. 

I don't know what I'm doing wrong then. The gun is too inaccurate for reliable sniping and close range you get focused and blasted

46 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong then. The gun is too inaccurate for reliable sniping and close range you get focused and blasted

As from what i’ve seen this is trade machine. You wait for opportunity and just unload clip. 

STREAM from unicum

https://youtu.be/UstAduU3fSM

10 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

As from what i’ve seen this is trade machine. You wait for opportunity and just unload clip. 

STREAM from unicum

https://youtu.be/UstAduU3fSM

I'm usually very good at trading. Maybe the platform doesnt work for me. I bounce way too much. It's strange since I did decent in the pre change t9 foch. I'm too poor for food now though. Bought like 5 tanks on discounts and I'm at 100k at best.

High clip potential on a bad platform. Situationally OP, usually frustrating to play with or against it. Massive credit sink as well.

As far as I'm concerned it's just another turd like most other T10 tank destroyers. The game would be better off without it.

36 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I'm usually very good at trading. Maybe the platform doesnt work for me. I bounce way too much. It's strange since I did decent in the pre change t9 foch. I'm too poor for food now though. Bought like 5 tanks on discounts and I'm at 100k at best.

You are firing all APCR? 257 is low for T10.

food?

38 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

You are firing all APCR? 257 is low for T10.

food?

I kinda hoped it won't be more expensive than my FV183. 

Unless you get to rush some poor lonely idiot or clip some retard in the middle of the open field it is just another turd.

The Waffle was dangerous because it combined having insanely high clippotential with having a turret, giving it enough flexibility to actually (ab-)use that gun.

The Foch requires the enemy to play like a donkey to be any effective (so considering the average player it makes sense for them to consider this turd to be OP i guess)

5 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

Unless you get to rush some poor lonely idiot or clip some retard in the middle of the open field it is just another turd.

The Waffle was dangerous because it combined having insanely high clippotential with having a turret, giving it enough flexibility to actually (ab-)use that gun.

The Foch requires the enemy to play like a donkey to be any effective (so considering the average player it makes sense for them to consider this turd to be OP i guess)

This means it works early and late game but in key moments you can't influence shit. 

I like it. Fun to play and ridiculously easy to play against up close. 

I sank a full clip into an E100 trying to push hill from mid on Prokho though :serb: 

At range where locking lanes down is the problem. If you dont have a way around it you're forced to eat shots which is the Strv all over again

42 minutes ago, Kolni said:

I like it. Fun to play and ridiculously easy to play against up close. 

I sank a full clip into an E100 trying to push hill from mid on Prokho though :serb: 

At range where locking lanes down is the problem. If you dont have a way around it you're forced to eat shots which is the Strv all over again

How would you rate it?

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

How would you rate it?

6/10 overall

It's fun but way too situational. You're stuck with a big clip which means not knowing whether to keep 3 shells or reload so you end up not capitalizing on your engagements optimally almost ever.

Platform means it's hard to single a tank out and really sink the damage in as well. 

Circon's impressions are based off of bad players who drove in front of him and let him clip out lol.
His impressions would be the same if something like the AMX 50B was "new".

Honestly, I am enjoying the AMX Foch B, but issues arise from knowing when to clip.

4 hours ago, Kolni said:

6/10 overall

It's fun but way too situational. You're stuck with a big clip which means not knowing whether to keep 3 shells or reload so you end up not capitalizing on your engagements optimally almost ever.

Platform means it's hard to single a tank out and really sink the damage in as well. 

I noticed you did not mention the low pen. Is it because you are able to play around it or you did not find it worth mentioning?

Also would you consider the 263 better (cant think of any other with low alpha but great dpm and decent mobility)?