Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaneaaa

Can someone give me a synoptic analysis of the good and bad (and ugly) of patch 9.20?

7 posts in this topic

What was a success? What was not? Which vehicles are good which weren't before? Which have been successfully balanced/nerfed?

Good: NA central gives me 50 less ping than last patch. Some boosts were (presumably) removed. Can get bonds from tier 10 games now.

meh: Foch 155 changed with Foch B. M46 buff, AMX 30 buff. M48 patton buff, other buffs with tanks i don't care about. Grand battles. 

The bad: T-54 nerf because WG are literally retarded. Maus wasnt nerfed. type 4/5 werent nerfed enough for anything to even matter. 

Also, remember the old days when the mantra was "no patch is complete without a T30 nerf"? Yeah well, the current mantra seems to be "No patch is complete without an M48 Patton buff"

TL;DR apart from the boost removals and the ping difference, theres literally nothing in 9.20 that I like or even care about. Maybe if the Type 59 was buffed like they said they would. But im still thoroughly pissed about WG needlessly changing the damn T-54. 

Good: bonds are earnable at tier x which is good, fixed some boost? 

Bad: tank buffs: made too many tanks obsolete it is a retarded way of balancing tanks. M48 overbuffed , Maus and Type 5 are still retarded  ecc. You cant make tanks overshadow others for no reason other reason to push people grind different lines. All vehicles should have an average perfomance score they should respect, neither being above or lower than such. WG does not understand this.

5 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

The bad: Maus wasnt nerfed.

Bullshit, they nerfed the HP and DPM.

1 hour ago, ZXrage said:

Bullshit, they nerfed the HP and DPM.

Oh they did do that? My bad thought that was next patch.

Good: m48 turret, slight maus nerf (you feel the dpm reduction, now 5k+ games happen less often, at least now you have to play even more aggressively), 140 turret not getting overmatched anymore by tier 8s

OKish: Grand Battles, Chinese TDs, t-54 rework, is7 wrong buffs (should have buffed the gun more and not the mobility), arty should be a little less retarded now.

Bad: type 5 is still a thing, should have nerfed the armour even more and nerf the gun as well. Foch B is annoying to fight, feels a bit like the good old waffle, this time it has armour and mobility though. Amx 30s unnecessary penetration and accuracy nerfs.

What I'd like to see? A E100 turret rework, making it thicker (making angling relevant again, right now it's almost autopen with heat), a batchat gun buff (at least aim time and some accuracy), some love to other tanks that have been in the shadow for too long like the is6, kv5, fcm, British heavies, some mid tier tanks (t5, 6, 7)..

Everything is about tier 10 tanks, superheavies in most cases, but wg forgot that lower tiers are a complete mess..

Tier 7 has 2 playable tanks that overshadow everything else (t29, t20), tier 6 is cromwell and type 64 only, I don't even know the meta tanks at tier 5 and below.

Not to speak about tier 8, Fucked up even more now that grand battles are randomly included in random battles..

On 9/1/2017 at 8:18 AM, WhatTheSkara said:

Tier 7 has 2 playable tanks that overshadow everything else (t29, t20), tier 6 is cromwell and type 64 only, I don't even know the meta tanks at tier 5 and below.

Tier 7 scouts are a thing b/c they (along with the t20) can actually outspot the same-tier heavies/mediums.  And T-150 is definitely a thing at tier 6 in the corridor meta.

The good thing (or bad?) is that so many players know how to neither sidescrape nor hull-down at the lower tiers, so lots of "good" tanks appear like crap b/c they're being played truly poorly.  I think there are some real gems that are fun to play, even if they aren't dominators like the t29/t20, etc.  Other than scouts, the VK30.02D, T43, IS/IS-2, JPanther - there are some pretty competitive tier 7s, and I think you have some nice variety there as well.  Tier 8 is where things get utterly and completely broken all over the place.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0