Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Canadian_Reaper

Any thoughts on the TD line?

31 posts in this topic

AS the title says. Been thinking of taking my Type 64 crew and throwing them into the TD line for fun and profit. But while some of the mid tiers look good (and the T8 prem looks fantastic) the higher tier tanks seem...meh. 

Curious if anyone has played enough to start forming opinions on the mid or higher tiers.

Why would you want to play a tank with no turret? Get something that has one. 

T49 fodder. I hope there is an event and tons of people play them!

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Why would you want to play a tank with no turret? Get something that has one. 

Turrets are for suckers.

Not only can I camp base, but I even have an excuse not to turn.

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

T49 fodder. I hope there is an event and tons of people play them!

Really?

That doesn't seem right.  

I'm sure most pub teams won't let you get to their TD's flanks

16 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Turrets are for suckers.

Not only can I camp base, but I even have an excuse not to turn.

Really?

That doesn't seem right.  

I'm sure most pub teams won't let you get to their TD's flanks

My lust for TD butts exceeds the capabilities of the pubs!

54 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

My lust for TD butts exceeds the capabilities of the pubs!

You're a monster. 

I'm grinding up that line just so I can bug my caller until he lets me play it in cw

On 9/2/2017 at 9:52 PM, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

I'm grinding up that line just so I can bug my caller until he lets me play it in cw

That's what I did with my Foch B. I'll have you know I had great success slaughtering kids who think they can push on airfield. 

Yes, play the TD line. Yes, it has such hidden gems like T-34-2G FT. Heat round shell velocity is 640 m/s. Now you can kill those pesky E75s behind a hill.

I have 2 turretless tanks. 122S and 100Y. I have no need to be tortured further. That and I hate camping. I need to be on the move at all times. I have ADHD.

I feel that these tanks are 'unfairly' bashed for being turretless tds when in fact they really are rather suited for the current (cancerous) matter. True, you are better off playing an actual tank like the 5A, but among the TDs these are actually pretty good with their combination of good soft stats, casemate armour, wide gun arc and workable mobility.

Having played the Tier 10 on the test server, I can say that it seems extremely relaxing to play: poke every 13 seconds and hope the opposition is too cheap to fire HEAT. Certainly not bad my any measure.

268 is better because of random autobounce angles.

Thanks all!

Might just pick up the Premium (as I'm sure 15 thousand other people will do) and see how that goes.

9 hours ago, lavawing said:

I feel that these tanks are 'unfairly' bashed for being turretless tds when in fact they really are rather suited for the current (cancerous) matter.

off topic but i don't think i can think of a single time that the wot meta hasn't been cancer

15 minutes ago, waga100 said:

off topic but i don't think i can think of a single time that the wot meta hasn't been cancer

Medium meta after the great TD nerf?

6 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

and the air is thick with sprem

For a moment I misread "sprem" and the mental image it conjured was quite disturbing..

WG:

"We want to make armor relevant again. Therefore we're introducing a tier 9 tank with 395 HEAT pen. Also, tier 6's will now have to face a tank with 271 base pen. Also we're nerfing the pen on the ISU-152, because that shit was broken and you've already given us your money to free XP that thing."

Seriously tho, the tier 8 looks like cancer to play against. 

6 hours ago, OperatorError said:

WG:

"We want to make armor relevant again. Therefore we're introducing a tier 9 tank with 395 HEAT pen. Also, tier 6's will now have to face a tank with 271 base pen. Also we're nerfing the pen on the ISU-152, because that shit was broken and you've already given us your money to free XP that thing."

Seriously tho, the tier 8 looks like cancer to play against. 

Dunno never looked stats, but seen so many FGT TDs i never worried about destroying them. Occasionally someone pops out but they managed bounce zero shots. 

But with ^^ data, i’ll look at TD stats. 

Tier8 one is actually rather good. 6 was okay, 7 was okay, 8 is definitely above okay. I cant quite understand how the armor works but it does. RHM, IS3 and even grille AP rounds do bounce. RHM ones do so with alarming reliability also. Lower plate is trash ofc but everything else is workable. I hate to admit it but I really enjoy it.

Edit: Forgot to clarify that if you are top tier, then choose a corridor and 3xr. Its like ISU without the old alpha but with armor.

Autoaim goes into the gun mantle of the tier 8, which is 350+ effective. Just like the ISU, stuff it has no business bouncing would bounce off the gun mantle regularly.

tier 8 is decent, tier 9 is a monster(one of the few tier 9 tds to get it's tier 10 counter parts gun) 

tier 1 = Renault NC31 = two games to get the necessary exp with 75% crew.

tier 2 = T26 G FT = first gun is annoying. Only needs a handfull of games to get the next tier tank.

tier 3 = M3G FT = good for tier with top gun.

tier 4 = SU76G FT = playing this now, seems decent for tier.

tier 5 = SU60G FT = not got there yet.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0