Sign in to follow this  
Canadian_Reaper

Any thoughts on the TD line?

34 posts in this topic

Tier9 is fucking hilarious. I dont remember 704 being this much fun. Just like t8 you can basically 3x r same tier or lower tiers. 

Have the tier 8, but not with the top gun yet.
Only got one battle without tier 10 tanks, feels a bit anemic so far, prem t8 is so much better, will reserve final judgement until I've gotten some battles with the big gun.

The tier 5 seems to be a worse version of the tier 4. That is as far as I've gotten so far. The premium 8 is pretty amazing though.

A summary of the line from tiers 4-9

Tier 4 (SU-76G FT): very similar to the Soviet SU-85B at the same tier.

Tier 5 (60G FT): gigantic, slow, poor camo, good gun doesn't make up for the rest.

Tier 6 (WZ-131G FT): basically a turretless LT -- a Type 62 with the Type 59 gun. Fast, decent camo, but horrible armor and poor shell velocity. Not too bad.

Tier 7 (T-34-2G FT): a generally inferior SU-122-44. Gives up DPM and mobility for better gun handling and AP/HEAT penetration.

Tier 8 (WZ-111-1 FT): I didn't like this one, it makes too many compromises. Not good enough camo and gun handling to snipe at range, not enough mobility, armor, or HP to brawl. The 1,000 HP is just crippling, and the chassis is slow and unresponsive. Hurts when it hits-- 560 is no joke -- but getting gun on target consistently is a chore. It isn't helped by the absolutely garbage T8 MM.

Tier 9 (WZ-111G FT): A side-grade from the 704, arguably better. Has better armor and 200 more HP than the 704, and, amazingly, better penetration too! (290/395), but has less DPM and less camo. Also has terrible shell velocity (760 m/s). Has a GIANT mantlet that attracts shells like Lakeville valley does pubbies. Works better as a second or even top-tier frontline brawler, but suffers at range vs the 704 due to the slow, loopy shell. I think it is the best tank in the line so far.

20 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Im at the t6 so far, and i im afraid this is gonna be a long grind, the maps dont rally favor turretless TDs without armour / gun arc / alpha dmg...

You'll get alpha at tier 7. It goes from 240 (6)->390 (7)->560 (8)->750 (9 & 10)

Sign in to follow this