Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlorbFnarb

Brit BBs

57 posts in this topic

1. Why did they give us the Tier 4 for free and not the Tier 3?
  2. If they wanted to make the Tier 3 descended from the Dreadnought, why not make the Dreadnought be the Tier 2?

What's the current opinion on the things?

You could get the T3 for free if you did the missions along with the T5

Dreadnought will most likely be a T3 premium money grab later down the road

1 minute ago, Psycodiver said:

You could get the T3 for free if you did the missions along with the T5

Dreadnought will most likely be a T3 premium money grab later down the road

lol

Probably, since it's a famous ship and class.

Yeah, there was no way we were gonna get Dreadnought for free as a tech tree ship. There's more than enough slightly-different-clones of her in the pre-superdreads that followed her that one of those would be the T3.

At least we got the Bellerophon rather than the Neptune/Colossus with their bizarre flying bridge structures that also housed ship boats.

If only the shit for brains pubs and forum warriors who constantly complain about cruiser HE spam knew what was coming with the arrival of British battleships...

2 minutes ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

If only the shit for brains pubs and forum warriors who constantly complain about cruiser HE spam knew what was coming with the arrival of British battleships...

Yeah, somebody said HE was the way to go with the Brit BBs.  I don't even know where to find this stuff.  Do they have an abnormally high chance to set shit on fire?

40% - often enough you are on fire from bow to stern with one salvo

I've only played the tiers 3-5, but their fire chance is going to have to be nerfed, it's ridiculously good, combined with the fact that HE salvos are also doing decent alpha damage.

You got tier 4 because you did the tier 4 mission.

Bellerophon instead of Dreadnaught so they can make the latter a tier 3 premium ( the difference between the two is mostly a tiny bit of torpedo protection and the stupid smoke stack placement on the Dread).

Is the HE OP? I'm not convinced.

Is the Orion OP? Sure. 

The Orion does seem soft though.  It's been a while since I've played the Wyoming but I don't recall it taking damage like the Orion.

Also the gun dispersion on the Bellerophon seems horrific, or is it just me?

Overall dispersion seems as bad(with no evidence to support this) as German BB's.  

As for fire chance, I'm one of the corgi's, so I set up a Conqueror to be a burninator.  66% of fire................

7 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Yeah, somebody said HE was the way to go with the Brit BBs.  I don't even know where to find this stuff.  Do they have an abnormally high chance to set shit on fire?

Flamu - Orion In A Nutshell

Orion is fun, a shameless seal clubber with protected match making - yes I have been abusing it. But yeah, sorta like playing KSM with great HE. If you can do well with KSM, then you are going to do good in a UK BB up to tier 6 I think - as that is where the similarities end and the line changes.

Orion is very powerful. AP is a solid performer so the strong HE is simply a bonus. Dispersion seems very good too.

The only thing that I loathe is the abysmal turret raverse - even with Jack Dunkirk and his special EM skill the turrets hardly move at all.

2 minutes ago, Jaegaer said:

Orion is very powerful. AP is a solid performer so the strong HE is simply a bonus. Dispersion seems very good too.

The only thing that I loathe is the abysmal turret raverse - even with Jack Dunkirk and his special EM skill the turrets hardly move at all.

Indeed, and running my Jack Dunkirk in this boat also - if you don't plan ahead on that turret traverse, you are going to have a bad day.

The one thing the Orion has going for it that is absurd compared to it's contemporaries. 38 AA dps at 5km. Which is a lot at tier 4.

10 hours ago, Hellvn said:

The Orion does seem soft though.  It's been a while since I've played the Wyoming but I don't recall it taking damage like the Orion.

Also the gun dispersion on the Bellerophon seems horrific, or is it just me?

Same here - people told me early the Orion had troll armor, then I found myself regularly taking 10%+ damage from BB shells nose on.

6 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

Yeah, they seem even worse than Jap turrets.

13 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

eqAgxbW.jpg

Seems to work on the tier5 at least :D

lol

the KGV is the weakest tier 7 BB in the game... never played anything quite this bad

15 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

the KGV is the weakest tier 7 BB in the game... never played anything quite this bad

Kawachi?

3 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Kawachi?

isnt a tier 7 mate

2 hours ago, Crossfader said:

isnt a tier 7 mate

Sure, but you didn't say "at Tier 7", you just said "never played anything this bad". I'd have trouble believing there's a ship worse than the Kawachi.

5 hours ago, Crossfader said:

So it isn't just me...

1 hour ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Sure, but you didn't say "at Tier 7", you just said "never played anything this bad". I'd have trouble believing there's a ship worse than the Kawachi.

Cleveland.

The Kawachi is bad simply because all of its stats suck. The Cleveland's badness is more insidious. It is a ship with a very low skill floor and skill ceiling. So, people who play it as their very first tier 6 cruiser tend to do okay in it regardless of how good they actually are. This is bad because the next ship in the line, the Pensacola, and the ships that come after it have decently high skill floors and ceilings. The Cleveland does nothing to prepare newer players for these ships since it is so idiot proof that it requires players to do very little work and have very few actual thoughts while playing it. Whereas all the ships that come after it require a lot of work and a great deal of thought if you want to make them work well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0