Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlorbFnarb

Brit BBs

57 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Manic_Wombat said:

It seems incongruous to argue that the ship is garbage but you had a 61% winrate in it.

Just because you can make something work doesn't mean that you enjoy it or think that it is good.

FYI, I was one of the corgi's and tested the Conq out.....66% fire chance on it

3 hours ago, map381 said:

FYI, I was one of the corgi's and tested the Conq out.....66% fire chance on it

It does seem really soft. I saw the tier 9 UK BB kill it from half health with AP. The super HE is not great for burst damage.

It felt soft for a BB.  Doing 10k and setting 3 fires is pretty good burst damage to me, especially when your next salvo can set fires again

So the Monarch is basically fine. The guns aren't as good as the NC but you have the LOLHE. I can't see it being super useful in competitive because the AA range is too short and it's too squishy when subjected to IFHE, but it's a pretty decent pubstomper.

2 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

I can't see it being super useful in competitive

WIll be interesting once smoke firing is changed and clanwars (provided it's tier VIII) is there. I guess alot of clans will be bringing it before Amagi/NC because you can deal with angled targets so well and thus the playstyle is so easy.

46 minutes ago, Jaegaer said:

WIll be interesting once smoke firing is changed and clanwars (provided it's tier VIII) is there. I guess alot of clans will be bringing it before Amagi/NC because you can deal with angled targets so well and thus the playstyle is so easy.

I doubt it. You bring a battleship to deal with stuff that makes a mistake, not to deal sustained DPS. The Monarch doesn't alpha very well and has bad AA. What role does it actually fill? NC anchors better because of the firepower and AA, Amagi kites better because of the speed and superb guns. Tirpitz and Bismarck both lead pushes better because of the secondaries and the extras.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0