Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheMarine0341

[FS -- US] i5 6600k+Mobo+Noctua+Maybe RAM

6 posts in this topic

I am upgrading my system to a Ryzen 1700x. That being the case, I am selling my i5 6600k, my z170 MSI Krait Gaming 3X, including the Noctua dual 120mm radiator for free. If you're interested, I will also include the 16GB DDr4 RAM. 

Image 1, with required "Date" and paperwork
RmqsHLO.jpgZ0uIPde.jpg

My brother originally purchased the i5 6600k, but he never used it. We swapped systems in April, and Ive been running it since at 4.4GHz without issue. It can OC to 4.6, BUT the voltage draw shoots up from 1.25ish to 1.41 to run (Multiple Blue Sceens to verify this, dammit). This first screen shot is after two+ hours of Player Unknowns Battleground, and then idle for about 5 minutes. The max temps you see is after running a stress test for about an hour with the H100i V2. While I was using the Noctua cooler, temps were identical if slightly warmer. However, MUCH quieter. 
je1uNu3.png

During PUBG, temps were about 35-38c. 

More Screen-shots

I3gJXPy.png

VZyqcGi.jpg

Rizlb2P.jpg

-I am asking $190 for the i5 6600k (MSRP $228)
-MSI - Z170 Krait Gaming 3X $95 (PartsPicker list as $300, but my brother bought it for $130 on Amazon)

-Noctua cooler *FREE IF PACKAGE DEAL* (cannot confirm which it is, but most similar to NH-U12S, MSRP $55) I am not selling this separate to the CPU/MoBo
--If you're willing, I will also include the RAM, 16GB Single stick DDR4 2400Hz Kingston for $100 (MSRP is $150) but this is not officially for sale unless the MoBo and CPU are sold first or at the same time.

Prices do not include shipping cost. I am willing to ship anywhere in the US. International would be too expensive

Id rather not send out all the parts 1 by 1, but will is someone if no one is interested in the entire setup. I have NOT posted this anywhere else at this time. 1 week from now, on Sept 12th I will post this elsewhere as well in order to sell. 

can confirm dank voltages and temps.

Made me cry every time he posted temps.

Other than extra threads, the 1700X isn't exactly much of an upgrade? I'm an AMD fan, but my gaming rig is still a 6700K due to the epic clock and IPC of the chips. 

My media rig is still running a i7 980x which may become a Ryzen if I ever feel the need, but the gaming rig will stay Intel until AMD bring out a faster chip. 

1 hour ago, Hokum15 said:

Other than extra threads, the 1700X isn't exactly much of an upgrade? I'm an AMD fan, but my gaming rig is still a 6700K due to the epic clock and IPC of the chips. 

My media rig is still running a i7 980x which may become a Ryzen if I ever feel the need, but the gaming rig will stay Intel until AMD bring out a faster chip. 

my monitors are currently 60hz, so whatever gaming performance I lose I wont see, Ryzen doesn't lose a whole lot going to 1440p panels which I'll be moving to in the future. It would be MUCH more noticeable at 1080p 144hz. Productivity wise, however, this would be a massive upgrade for me. I have heavy multi-tasking going on, so being able to render and do other things is priority. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0