Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raulz0r

Raul's noob replays (constructive criticism welcome)

12 posts in this topic

Here's some stuff I got from the replay. I just lay in the notions and give advice what you should have done imo. So here it goes:

1) Your loadout: Too few APCR. If you can't afford full goldspam, since there isnt any real downside of using it, take atleast 3 clips of it. If you're forced to use it, it's more than likely an endgame situation, so you should use the best ammo available anyways.

2) Teams are pretty even based on tank types themselves, so going hill is the thing to do. Not snipe and spot for the team which arent even in place to assist you. If you neglect the hill, you're putting your faith in the team to win it. Which isn't something I would recommend.

3) You started shooting at the WZ-132. You know you're gonna get spotted, so move back ASAP you've put the shot(s) in. Usually you get punished for such a lazy play.

4)Badly aimed shots at the WZ-11111111A. Aim at the lowe plate, not whatever you were aiming at. Luckily you penned at least 2.

5)Nice spotting on the camping enemies and good trigger discipline. Again, pull back after each shot. Sure, you're not fully utilizing the autoloader, but you're gonna trade badly if you play like that.

6) Dont sit at A8, you should've been punished for it. Instead, drop down from the ledge on the left side and use to lower ground to get into C5 to spot the campers. Like where the CDC went.

7) You stopped to aim at the oneshot T49, big mistake. You know that there are 2 TDs unspotted, still somewhere. Now you're pretty much a oneshot to anything.

8 ) You could have put the last shot into the STA-1, instead you started to move and lost the chance to put one more shot in from the clip.

9) You choose to close in on the last enemies from the left side of the field. You know that the rest of the enemies arent pushing up anymore. So why go to the side where they arent going, instead of going to the other side, create another angle and get some more cleanup damage?

10) You werent spotted, so why wiggle and autoaim at the last tank?. That's an bounce/miss waiting to happen imo.

All in all, it was a half decent game. Couple of lazy plays, some of them bit you in the ass, some didnt. Ask yourself: "How did I contribute?" If your answer is not by much, thats what I had in mind( no bulli, honest). The spotting from the hill was nice, but not game changing, maybe. Anyways, that's the way I improve. I second guess myself after the battle almost every time.

Autoloaders are pretty tricky to play consistently well. It's always key to think what you're gonna with your next clip while you're still reloading. So you can spend the reload cycle travelling there, not reloading first and then move. This is something you know, at least in this game.

You asked for "constructive criticism". Hopefully this is somewhere in the line what you were looking for. :)

Thank you very much for the CC, now just a bit of comments regarding some of my mistakes, most exactly what I was thinking, on point 3, I wanted to take out that WZ-132 because he was a good player and that spotting position could've proven to be very dangerous for our team, I use the same bushes when I play my LT on Malinovka and I get the NW spawn

Point 7. Yes I agree that was a stupid mistake that could've cost me dearly, I even was aware that the 2 TDs were spotted which annoys me even more. 

All in all I realized playing this tank it's really an unforgiving experience, if you do a mistake and you don't have an escape plan you are dead. 

19 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

1) Your loadout: Too few APCR. If you can't afford full goldspam, since there isnt any real downside of using it, take atleast 3 clips of it. If you're forced to use it, it's more than likely an endgame situation, so you should use the best ammo available anyways.

how much of a difference does 30mm of pen mean?

is it worth carrying any at all with a standard acc, only tier 6-7 prems and a tendency to run out of ammo bc of my terrible hit rate (still like 60-70%). i can't afford to fire apcr when ap might do, so i dont often carry much on autoloaders.

that being said, and noting 1 clip of prem ammo is dumb (Mixed loadout with not enough gold to be useful), should i run 30-0, 18-12, 12-18, or full sprem and play 8 tiers 7 battles for every bc battle?

20 minutes ago, garryallen said:

how much of a difference does 30mm of pen mean?

is it worth carrying any at all with a standard acc, only tier 6-7 prems and a tendency to run out of ammo bc of my terrible hit rate (still like 60-70%). i can't afford to fire apcr when ap might do, so i dont often carry much on autoloaders.

that being said, and noting 1 clip of prem ammo is dumb (Mixed loadout with not enough gold to be useful), should i run 30-0, 18-12, 12-18, or full sprem and play 8 tiers 7 battles for every bc battle?

30mm pen difference.... I think of it this way: With minimum penetration roll your pen is either 174, or 197mm. So I think of it more like an RNG-mitigation tool. 

Generally you should carry as much APCR as you can afford. APCR loses pen faster at distance and the normalization is worse, but usually better base penetration and faster velocity makes up for it imo. I think I ran 6-24 split in mine, but that did mean losing around 50-60k credits each round, until I managed to 3rd mark it. However if you're playing without prem account, I would suggest either 18-12 or 24-6.

10 hours ago, sohojacques said:

@garryallen @SaintLaurentius 42 shells now, not 30.

WHHHATATTTATATATAT WHEN

oh wait

*serb spam incoming*

jokes im not that mean

*BOOP* there we go, have another serb!:superserb:

I really like this image XD

Okay now ive changed it to 30-12, i might later change to 24-18 :)

7 minutes ago, garryallen said:

WHHHATATTTATATATAT WHEN

9.20 bonus. Went from nerfing the Batchat to giving it more shells for Grand Battles. AP hitched a ride. :dance:

I think I will take your advice @SaintLaurentius and convert to full APCR, I anticipated some nice incoming damage from the 0 line on Redshire, but watching the game back I must critique myself for not choosing APCR from the start, doing only 800ish damage from a whole clip is rather poor, then bouncing some shells off the Obj 268 ... 

Now I also think I should've come down from A0 way sooner than I did and help out the tanks on the 0 line but I was a bit weary of the fact that the half of the team were TDs and I wanted to avoid getting spotted while going around on the back of the enemy tanks because I figured it would be game over, as an alternative I should've came down sooner and help the tanks on the hill. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3810211#redshire-raulz0r-bat_-ch_tillon_25_t_ap

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0