ThomChen114

STG Guard - worth the gold?

37 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2017 at 4:57 AM, BlackAdder said:

Semi cancerous gun handling. But with equipment and food it's more tolerable. I hope they open exchange of premiums once again. 

Using food kinda defeats the purpose of premium credit whoring though. Especially if you're a green shitlord like myself that relies on credits for grinding.

12 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

Using food kinda defeats the purpose of premium credit whoring though. Especially if you're a green shitlord like myself that relies on credits for grinding.

That depends on how much benefit you can get out of the food. If that food gets you to hit a few more shots, it might pay for itself.

Personally, on my lowe; shooting pure APCR ended up making more money than being a cheap with silver ammo.

19 hours ago, sohojacques said:

In terms of the wallet vote, I'm surprised by the lack of these in randoms on SEA. Maybe 1 per side. Often none at all. Pubbies bought the Primo Vitoria shitbox on mass.  Had heaps of games where there were several of them per team. The STG is genuinely novel, at the very least. The workings of the pubbie mind...

depends on what day of the week it might be. on day and after it was released i recall seeing about 4-5 per side. 

again, it's not as popular and idiot proof as the Defender, and the recently buffed T-44 premiums may be more comfortable/conventional

44-100 will certainly make more cred/game.

One of the key attribute to income is shell cost/damage.

STG's shell is 840/390=2.15

44-100's shell is 252/250=1.01

4 hours ago, crapcannon said:

Not usong food on cancer tank will make me rage, and i’ll punch my monitor. So thats even more expensive. 

8 hours ago, Hally said:

That depends on how much benefit you can get out of the food. If that food gets you to hit a few more shots, it might pay for itself.

Personally, on my lowe; shooting pure APCR ended up making more money than being a cheap with silver ammo.

Yeah, it seems like the credit multiplier on the Loewe is sufficiently high to make that entirely viable.  I just started doing this myself.

If it had better soft stats I'd be tempted but don't see the point over a Rev which is just night and day in the gun handling department and comes with -10 depression. 

But 0.21 with a 2.4s aim time and then missing for a 11s reload is not my cup of tea. 

I also note that this thing I think has one of the lowest ammo rack HP's at tier 8, even with safe stowage I think 122s can blow it up with a high roll. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

If it had better soft stats I'd be tempted but don't see the point over a Rev which is just night and day in the gun handling department and comes with -10 depression. 

But 0.21 with a 2.4s aim time and then missing for a 11s reload is not my cup of tea. 

I also note that this thing I think has one of the lowest ammo rack HP's at tier 8, even with safe stowage I think 122s can blow it up with a high roll. 

Again this tank suffers (lot less) of poor accuracy in combination with big alpha, just like Skorpion and Defender. In some extent less but still. Missing shit at 400m and waiting 11.5s for reload, it's a bit too much. Few battles on record, but gun handling is less cancerous than Defender/Skorpion's. 

3 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Again this tank suffers (lot less) of poor accuracy in combination with big alpha, just like Skorpion and Defender. In some extent less but still. Missing shit at 400m and waiting 11.5s for reload, it's a bit too much. Few battles on record, but gun handling is less cancerous than Defender/Skorpion's. 

Gee, I didn't know .33 accuracy is bad. It's already pretty good at its niche, and that is boomstick medium, especially since it's a tier 8 medium and those are usually pretty bad in this day and age.

Plus, it can pen the Defender more reliably than most tier 8 meds with standard rounds. That's a bonus.

8 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

Gee, I didn't know .33 accuracy is bad. It's already pretty good at its niche, and that is boomstick medium, especially since it's a tier 8 medium and those are usually pretty bad in this day and age.

Plus, it can pen the Defender more reliably than most tier 8 meds with standard rounds. That's a bonus.

It would be great on a super armored tank, but on tanks that rely on snipe it's hurtful when you miss shot and target just drive away. In close combat is sweet but then you can't rely on armor (just like Skorp G).