Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vampiresbane

WGNA up to Shenanigans again

13 posts in this topic

I saw this earlier on the WoT forums.  I didn't see it recently so I assume the original post was removed so I added my own.  It's important consumer information for us all; help spread awareness.

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/09/08/wgna-refuses-to-honor-own-policy-now-with-extra-shadiness/

Incidentally, the policy in place is still listed as this: https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/560

If Cabbage is receiving direction from on-high, don't be surprised if the linked policy above is changed for contests.

I would view this an instance meeting either of the following qualifications:

• gifted a Premium Tank that you already own  (A WG employee is technically gifting you a tank as a result of winning a contest; it's also how other players give out prizes for their own contests) -or-
  • Winning a Premium Tank in a live event (Twitch stream, player gathering, social media, etc)

Winners of said contest do not meet the qualifiers listed below for silver credit compensation:

• On-Track Missions with a Premium Tank reward (not an On-Track mission)
  • Events via any other mission (Daily Log-In, Month Long Missions) (not an in-game mission)
  • You will still receive Credit compensation for bonus codes for Premium Tanks you already own (bonus code was never used)

(Posting this in wotlab forum as well as WoT forums because, frankly, the WoT forums post will probably be pulled.)

Rita will probably be getting a copyright strike from WG for this . . .

What I see is Rita (or Life_in_black more precisely, whoever that is) trying to fabricate a drama. 

What he won does not fall into the gold compensation category. It's not a gift (somebody has to pay WG for a gift) and it's not a live event either since it was a forum contest (he argues forum falls into social media or etc - sure, doesn't make it a live event either - FB giveaway related to some event is a live even giveaway on social media).

It doesn't exactly fall into silver compensation category either (although "You will still receive Credit compensation for bonus codes for Premium Tanks you already own" is pretty close imo, while technically it isn't a bonus code, bonus codes are usually given away for free any nobody paid for them - unlike gifts). Last but not least, the gold wasn't the main prize in the contest - premium tanks were. He got offered that he can choose any premium tanks he wants apart from special ones (CW reward, ISU 130 etc.) He didn't want them. Also, guess what - he got the gold in the end.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/555098-wot-is-changing-the-rules-mid-contest/page__st__20__pid__11223054#entry11223054

So TL;DR WoT news websites are a complete joke and catch any opportunity they can to get clicks on their articles.

3 hours ago, Marty said:

What I see is Rita (or Life_in_black more precisely, whoever that is) trying to fabricate a drama. 

What he won does not fall into the gold compensation category. It's not a gift (somebody has to pay WG for a gift) and it's not a live event either since it was a forum contest (he argues forum falls into social media or etc - sure, doesn't make it a live event either - FB giveaway related to some event is a live even giveaway on social media).

Are you fucking retarded? Your argument is to split hairs that aren't even there, so really you're just talking out your ass.

1) How is it now a gift? He won a contest, WG is willingly giving him something without payment of any sort. That's the definition of a gift.

2) How does the forum not qualify as social media, and how does this not qualify as a live event? Does it have to be streamed to be 'live'? Your own argument states that FB is a live event, so clearly that's not correct.

3 hours ago, Marty said:

It doesn't exactly fall into silver compensation category either (although "You will still receive Credit compensation for bonus codes for Premium Tanks you already own" is pretty close imo, while technically it isn't a bonus code, bonus codes are usually given away for free any nobody paid for them - unlike gifts). Last but not least, the gold wasn't the main prize in the contest - premium tanks were. He got offered that he can choose any premium tanks he wants apart from special ones (CW reward, ISU 130 etc.) He didn't want them. Also, guess what - he got the gold in the end.

Again, a gift is something willingly given without payment. Do you even understand what the fuck you're talking about?

Yes, he got to choose. Because he had so many tanks, there wasn't anything left to choose. So what next? Oh, right, gold compensation.

3 hours ago, Marty said:

So TL;DR WoT news websites are a complete joke and catch any opportunity they can to get clicks on their articles.

What are you, some fucking WG fanboy?

They gives a guy a T-34-100 plus almost 25k gold and get called shady? Have a little heart for the WGNA community worker bees.

4 minutes ago, monjardin said:

They gives a guy a T-34-100 plus almost 25k gold and get called shady? Have a little heart for the WGNA community worker bees.

Wouldn't be shady if they hadn't immediately changed the page on their policy. If not for the whole "Oh yes, that's suddenly against policy now, but since you caught us on it I'll give you some stuff anyway" it would be fine IMO.

32 minutes ago, Ickus said:

Are you fucking retarded?

Yes I am, obviously.

32 minutes ago, Ickus said:

1) How is it now a gift? He won a contest, WG is willingly giving him something without payment of any sort. That's the definition of a gift.

Again, a gift is something willingly given without payment. Do you even understand what the fuck you're talking about?

Do you understand the definition of a gift in this game? It has to be bought. You buy a tank and gift it to other person. He has it for free but you pay for it, thus give money to WG. It even says "Purchasing/being gifted" in the article of WG website = the tank had to be bought.

41 minutes ago, Ickus said:

2) How does the forum not qualify as social media, and how does this not qualify as a live event? Does it have to be streamed to be 'live'? Your own argument states that FB is a live event, so clearly that's not correct.

Learn to read please, I said it does qualify as a social media "he argues forum falls into social media or etc - sure" (no that sure was not ironic if you thought it was). 

How is forum a live event? Live event is something where mass of people is present at the same time - forum definitely doesn't fall into that category.

I didn't say FB is a live event, again, read my comment."FB giveaway related to some event" What do I mean by that? IIRC, there were giveaways on FB tied to Tankfest, Season finals/Grand Finals (WGL) etc. They were time limited - even shorter than the event itself, to a point where you had to be present to win. So yes, I would qualify that as live event social media giveaway. 

58 minutes ago, Ickus said:

Yes, he got to choose. Because he had so many tanks, there wasn't anything left to choose. So what next? Oh, right, gold compensation.

There were tanks left to choose, he didn't want any of them. I don't really blame the guy, he had the right to reject the tanks since he was promised other tanks. At the same time WG had no obligation to compensate him with gold though. 

And since you'll probably use the argument "why did they compensate him with gold then?" against me - it's better to compensate than drag the thing out and risk a drama. Like when big firms prefer to settle small lawsuits even if they could win, because dragging it out is not worth it for them. They could argue they do not have to compensate him gold but they'd annoy lot of stupid people in the process and those stupid people might stop giving them money so it's not worth it. 

1 hour ago, Ickus said:

Yes you got me. 

When WG is wrong I'll say what I think. When they're right though but are getting shit I have no problem defending them either.

Also please don't be a dick next time when you are replying to someone and you are wrong :drunk:

5 minutes ago, Marty said:

Do you understand the definition of a gift in this game? It has to be bought. You buy a tank and gift it to other person. He has it for free but you pay for it, thus give money to WG. It even says "Purchasing/being gifted" in the article of WG website = the tank had to be bought.

And? This isn't a transaction between two members that has to be administered by WG. This is a contest in which participants receive prizes--gifts--for winning. Different situation entirely. Unless you're trying to tell me WG buys the tank they're gifting to the player?

8 minutes ago, Marty said:

Learn to read please, I said it does qualify as a social media "he argues forum falls into social media or etc - sure" (no that sure was not ironic if you thought it was). 

How is forum a live event? Live event is something where mass of people is present at the same time - forum definitely doesn't fall into that category.

I didn't say FB is a live event, again, read my comment."FB giveaway related to some event" What do I mean by that? IIRC, there were giveaways on FB tied to Tankfest, Season finals/Grand Finals (WGL) etc. They were time limited - even shorter than the event itself, to a point where you had to be present to win. So yes, I would qualify that as live event social media giveaway.

If you could learn to fucking write properly I could figure out what you're trying to say.

4 hours ago, Marty said:

(he argues forum falls into social media or etc - sure, doesn't make it a live event either - FB giveaway related to some event is a live even giveaway on social media)

"He argues forum", already we're off to a bad start. "sure, doesn't make it a live event either--" the fuck does that mean? Is that "sure" dismissive, is it skeptical? And you should have said though, not either. Then the continuation of the sentence makes no sense. "Social media or etc FB giveaway", learn to use em dashes man. And I don't even, what is the rest of the sentence?

10/10 grammatical trainwreck would read again :officersexii:

20 minutes ago, Marty said:

There were tanks left to choose, he didn't want any of them. I don't really blame the guy, he had the right to reject the tanks since he was promised other tanks. At the same time WG had no obligation to compensate him with gold though.

I'll admit I missed that part. But that last part is absurd. He was offered three premium tanks that have a set value. WG reneging on their side of the deal due to technicalities is in bad faith, regardless of whether he read "the fine print", which in this case changed immediately afterwards. Maybe they have no legal, binding obligation, but they're socially obligated to play fair. They weren't.

28 minutes ago, Marty said:

And since you'll probably use the argument "why did they compensate him with gold then?" against me - it's better to compensate than drag the thing out and risk a drama.

That's true, but they also gave him the gold because he was technically correct. If you'll fucking look at the article, you'll see that immediately following the exchange they changed their policy. I'll even give them credit for that. They could have told him tough shit, but for once they realized that maybe they made a mistake.

31 minutes ago, Marty said:

They could argue they do not have to compensate him gold but they'd annoy lot of stupid people in the process and those stupid people might stop giving them money so it's not worth it.

Because you're stupid if you get angry over a company acting in bad faith. Keep riding SerB's dick. :serb:

33 minutes ago, Marty said:

Also please don't be a dick next time when you are replying to someone and you are wrong

I'm only a dick when people deserve it. If you're going to be an autist, I'll treat you like one. :trump:

10 minutes ago, Ickus said:

And? This isn't a transaction between two members that has to be administered by WG. This is a contest in which participants receive prizes--gifts--for winning. Different situation entirely. Unless you're trying to tell me WG buys the tank they're gifting to the player?

"Unless you're trying to tell me WG buys the tank they're gifting to the player?" Exactly, WG is not buying the tank so it's not a gift. It's a prize. The literally state tanks Purchased or Gifted - tanks somebody paid money for.

12 minutes ago, Ickus said:

If you could learn to fucking write properly I could figure out what you're trying to say.

"He argues forum", already we're off to a bad start. "sure, doesn't make it a live event either--" the fuck does that mean? Is that "sure" dismissive, is it skeptical? And you should have said though, not either. Then the continuation of the sentence makes no sense. "Social media or etc FB giveaway", learn to use em dashes man. And I don't even, what is the rest of the sentence?

10/10 grammatical trainwreck would read again :officersexii:

Don't have an argument so you attack my grammar which wasn't even that bad. BTW, non native english speaker after a couple of beers deep into the night in EU after the week has just ended - wow such a heresy that my sentences are not gramatically 100%. Sorry Mr. English Teacher.

14 minutes ago, Ickus said:

I'll admit I missed that part. But that last part is absurd. He was offered three premium tanks that have a set value. WG reneging on their side of the deal due to technicalities is in bad faith, regardless of whether he read "the fine print", which in this case changed immediately afterwards. Maybe they have no legal, binding obligation, but they're socially obligated to play fair. They weren't.

They have a set value. Both gold and credit value. In lots of instances they give you a credit value. For example, august event on EU - you had to grind something like over 200k XP and there were other conditions aswell. You got HT n.6 if you finished the mission. If you had it in garage you got credit compensation. I didn't see anybody bitchin' and crying they didn't get gold. "Maybe they have no legal, binding obligation, but they're socially obligated to play fair. They weren't." LUL

18 minutes ago, Ickus said:

That's true, but they also gave him the gold because he was technically correct. If you'll fucking look at the article, you'll see that immediately following the exchange they changed their policy. I'll even give them credit for that. They could have told him tough shit, but for once they realized that maybe they made a mistake.

The old article with old policy is still there though, you can easily find it too. Again, not realizing a mistake, but not trying to alienate a dumb playerbase.

19 minutes ago, Ickus said:

Because you're stupid if you get angry over a company acting in bad faith. Keep riding SerB's dick. :serb:

I'm only a dick when people deserve it. If you're going to be an autist, I'll treat you like one. :trump:

Company acted like by the bylaws. And I already have a dick to ride on :gaytroll:

I like how your posts contain more insults than arguments :tanfiesta:

@Marty how is it hard to understand something so simple as "You get what you're owed"?

This is pretty much the first time I've seen anyone try to weasel out of giving out contest prizes, just because the prize is unsuitable doesn't mean the I.O.U. disappears. 

Especially when this is an ingame currency with no value besides for their game, WG can inflate it however they want and create it out of nothing so crediting gold to an account and crediting a tank to an account worth the same amount really is a fair deal considering WG did screw up and didn't consider this scenario happening. 

For the "prize part" - you do realise that the reason anyone ever hosts contests is because it generates content? Whether it's viewers, image or anything similar to it they definitely do not give contest prizes for free, there is definitely something back in return from it - just not the normal payment method

WGNA could fuck up a two car funeral. I'm surprised that anyone is surprised enough to generate any more outrage than a shrug.

Even if it wasn't policy, i still feel like it would be in wgs best interests to credit the guy with gold, or even to give him a choice of premium tanks he wants (imo it would make wg look like nice guys) but then i guess he'd spend less money on the game so i can see why they dont.

the shifty part is the policy change- its too well timed to be coincidental, and therefore seems to be a reaction to this event. whatever you guys say or fight about, a change in policy due to something like this suggests wg don't know the meaning of customer relations, and it also shows that they aren't wiling to kepe their promises i guess.

@Marty, i can see where you are coming from in a way, but your attitude was really off in my opinion.

On 09/09/2017 at 7:44 AM, Marty said:

i don't think the news sites should be blamed, they generally don't do a terrible job i think. the main drama is the change in policy AS A RESULT of what occured- its the change in policy, not that he ws eventually reimbursed after wg messed around for a bit.

On 09/09/2017 at 0:06 PM, Marty said:

Also please don't be a dick next time when you are replying to someone and you are wrong :drunk:

Doesn't really make you look better.

And @Ickus, you kinda did the same thing tbh-

On 09/09/2017 at 10:54 AM, Ickus said:

Are you fucking retarded? Your argument is to split hairs that aren't even there, so really you're just talking out your ass.

Soooo salty

On 09/09/2017 at 0:43 PM, Ickus said:

That looks like a genuine trump quote:trump:, but apart from that, there are far better insults, and why insult someone in the first place? What do you gain? (i bet someone will comment something like "a warm fuzzy feeling inside" XD)

What is this, the official forums or something? I thought you guys generally didn't like the official forums?

Just my two cents, you don't have to agree :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0