Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Madner Kami

Nebelburg

10 posts in this topic

Just had my first Grand Battles. Was happy to see a new map. Realized that there are a ton of camping spots right at the spawn, as I lost all health in my STB within the timespan of 3 seconds when I approached the enemy flag, because TDs camped their base. Yet another map wasted with camping spots at the spawn. Well done WarGaming, you seriously try hard to make me completely disinterested in your game. *slowclap*

Yep campfest. Dont know how anyone can make it work without being cautious aka camping or using hulldown tanks

I've yet to churn the soil on Nebelburg.

or for that matter, light a camp fire.

Wg wants to prevent camping, yet it releases a map with camping spots that look on open fields.

You take out the 2 hills behind the spawns and you get a decent map.

The worst part of it is the campers get spotted by the heavies or not at all. There are no spotting areas for lights to be useful. 

I'm thinking of giving up on Grand Battles, which is a shame, but the meta is far to campy and doesn't reward aggressive play. May work on RU server as they are less campy in general. 

Grand Battles is a "map" not a mode and is subject to Map Rotation, very much like Assault and Encounter.  If the assault maps or encounter maps or grand battle map are not in rotation then you never see them....

Having played only one game on Nebelburg spotting was OK and pretty easy, however figuring out the safe vs not safe areas/lanes on the fly was a challenge.  I'm sure with more players getting time on/exposed to the map it will uncamp and the meta will develop...

I've only had one battle on Nebelburg, and I hate it. It'd have been more fun if I had a tier 10 with some gun depression, but since I don't it was rather hard for me to play.

I really need a "Nebelburg for dummies" guide.

So far, it´s been the typical "camp or die" kind of map for me - agressive play means getting instagibbed by hordes of basecamping TDs and "balanced" arties.

212_epic_random_valley.png

The only consistently halfway decent spot I´ve found for mediums (starting south) is top of the hill around A1:

You can spot climbing enemies, TDs on the island and have sideshots on heavies in town.

I've had three battles on this.  If you can push into town, then you can brawl.  You can sometimes vision kite heavies foolishly skirting to the North of the central hill (if you start on South spawn).  But yeah, the hills, and it still ends up as a campfest/push into corridors.  More hills in the middle of the map (get rid of that utterly flat plain in the SE quadrant) would give mediums some room to move/flank without just bumping head-on into a heavy train or getting shot to death by TDs literally every single time.  WG doesn't get that having elevations on the boundaries of the map, but with nothing but flat in the middle, just turns it into a charnel house surrounded by camping executioners.  This map is basically El Halluf, IMHO.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0