ThomChen114

FV215b -> Super Conqueror switch 9.20.1

46 posts in this topic

Image may contain: text
Posted on the WoT Asia FB page. We all knew this was about to happen (though there was some holdout belief it would be the Chieftain) Guess its sorta official? Note the asterisk.

I don't want my camouflage to be sent to a vehicle i have no idea what it will be like..  :jealous:

I would love to grind out the 215b, but the Caernarvon is just so prohibitively shit, not to mention the stock Conq. 

What’s ETA for 9.20.1? I’m still pissed from Foch grind, and this is arguably the samw shitty grind (and I won’t spent 50€ worth of gold). 

6 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

What’s ETA for 9.20.1?

Mid October apparently.

@BlackAdderI am half way through the caern, and will freexp the modules on the conq. I could play it much better, but it is so annoying I just yolo my way through it. I don't expect the super Conq to be any good, but I wanted to get a British heavy anyway, and it is better to get two than one. :minidoge:

Circon warned about this a while ago specifically to give people longer time to focus on the grind. I guess it was inevitable, either superconq or chief would take over. FV never clicked with me so Im happy to see the change.

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

What’s ETA for 9.20.1? I’m still pissed from Foch grind, and this is arguably the samw shitty grind (and I won’t spent 50€ worth of gold). 

9.20.1 schedule

Times are for the RU server

• 12th-13th September – info preparation by WG
  • 13th-14th September – official patch preview
  • 14th September– Supertest
  • 18th September– beta of the second season of Ranked Battles
  • 21st September– first public test of 9.20.1
  • 5th October– second public test of 9.20.1
  • Middle of October – release of 9.02.1

30 minutes ago, hall0 said:

9.20.1 schedule

so we can expect it to be a week or 2 later over here at SEA server :/

34 minutes ago, hall0 said:

9.20.1 schedule

Thanks, i could do it. With some help of reserves....

3 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

The French TD grind was horrible (yes I did it as well).

But once elite the Conq is a very very nice tier IX, and so the grind to the FV will be a joy in comparison to the French TD line. The Conq gun is really worth playing.

well, i can rest easy now that I'm guaranteed a free tier X tank since I missed out on the Foch B. 

here's hoping they'll be worth it though. 

2 minutes ago, arthurwellsley said:

But once elite the Conq is a very very nice tier IX, and so the grind to the FV will be a joy in comparison to the French TD line. The Conq gun is really worth playing.

all the pain throughout the UK HT grind firing piddly caliber guns is made worthwhile by that beautiful 120mm L1A1 railgun. if WG wasn't so biased to Russian and German super heavy tanks, the L1A1 should be the best heavy tank gun there is 

18 minutes ago, arthurwellsley said:

The French TD grind was horrible (yes I did it as well).

Time is of the essence and I don’t have much time, also i freexped foch and foch 155. I mean i grinded Foch with ac48 cancer than converted nearly 300k freexp. 

If i freexp everything till T6, still i’M left with horrid tanks until T9 elite. For past month i’ Not enjoying tanks just because of stupid grinds. But I might give it a try with reserves. 

call me crazy but i didn't mind the grind. I Did free xp most modules thought.

59 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

all the pain throughout the UK HT grind firing piddly caliber guns is made worthwhile by that beautiful 120mm L1A1 railgun. if WG wasn't so biased to Russian and German super heavy tanks, the L1A1 should be the best heavy tank gun there is 

When I was at Bovington, they had a display of the guns, almost like the iron throne, the L1A1 is HUGE. Much larger than the L11 from the Chieftain. 

any info on the super conq?

just to see what i will be selling in 9.20.1 :trollface:

8 minutes ago, Hokum15 said:

When I was at Bovington, they had a display of the guns, almost like the iron throne, the L1A1 is HUGE. Much larger than the L11 from the Chieftain. 

wish I could someday see it in the steel. 

I wish WG could have done it sooner when I didn't quit WoT

1 month to painfully grind the Conqueror.  Hopefully it'll be a huge improvement once I get the top gun.

I think the worst thing about this is that the caernarvon is getting mega-buffed in the same patch(iirc), but I will have ground through and sold it already...

I ground the Caernarfon pre HD when it had a better turret, and we even played them in CW from time to time, as it was usable then against non HD IS-3's. Ahh the golden age of WOT as it was... I hope the 215b makes it to HD with the change too, as it is looking lo-fi vs many of the new tanks...

Hope the 215B gets an HD model, but I'm very pessimistic about it.