ThomChen114

FV215b -> Super Conqueror switch 9.20.1

46 posts in this topic

Unlike the Foch 155, I actually want the FV215B. 

Time to free xp to the conq.  :feelsbad:

7 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Time is of the essence and I don’t have much time, also i freexped foch and foch 155. I mean i grinded Foch with ac48 cancer than converted nearly 300k freexp. 

If i freexp everything till T6, still i’M left with horrid tanks until T9 elite. For past month i’ Not enjoying tanks just because of stupid grinds. But I might give it a try with reserves. 

Well, if you have played up to the centurion 1, you have a good deal of the modules already ground out. A lot of guns, engines and radios are used in both.

thats cool, im already 60K XP into the conq (w/ all modules researched)

i just don't see why they can't have it branch off in 2 tier 10's like they did for 113 and 5A and like they do on console

Since FV stays then I don't mind. Can you freely move crew between the two tanks like reward tanks? 

Inb4 fv receives a HD model and an accidental buff to 300mm effective front hull :disco:

3 hours ago, lordawesome7 said:

thats cool, im already 60K XP into the conq (w/ all modules researched)

i just don't see why they can't have it branch off in 2 tier 10's like they did for 113 and 5A and like they do on console

Chieftain minibranch/branch most likely (there are definitely tanks for it).

4 hours ago, Ogopogo said:

Chieftain minibranch/branch most likely (there are definitely tanks for it).

maybe with some of the Vickers tanks? 

6 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Vijayanta would be fine for a Tier 9 with a Vickers MBT with 20 pounder for tier 8. 

I'd also like to see a British Light line also. With the Scorpion and Scimitar. 

I don't understand the interest in the Vickers MBT and Vijayanta. They literally are cheaper Centurions.

Hope the 215b gets some buffs like the Foch 155 did, it's been powercrept hard. 

Also at the moment the Super Conqueror is not looking up to much IMO, nerfing the best aspects of the 215b, DPM, aim time, accuracy, view range and HP.  For some more armour but probably still a terrible LFP. 

Hope the soft stats on the gun are good. I also do not like that giant view bar they have on the model, looks like the awful weakspots from the Foch tanks that everyone hits with ease. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Hope the 215b gets some buffs like the Foch 155 did, it's been powercrept hard. 

Also at the moment the Super Conqueror is not looking up to much IMO, nerfing the best aspects of the 215b, DPM, aim time, accuracy, view range and HP.  For some more armour but probably still a terrible LFP. 

Hope the soft stats on the gun are good. I also do not like that giant view bar they have on the model, looks like the awful weakspots from the Foch tanks that everyone hits with ease. 

The giant rangefinder is autobounce on flat ground

16 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Inb4 fv receives a HD model and an accidental buff to 300mm effective front hull :disco:

as long as it keeps the square things sticking out to the side + no lfp armour, it doesnt matter how much UFP armour it has

Fv is about as good in sidescraping as a Panther II, awefull against anyone with either luck or a tiny bit of skill

17 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

There are plenty of chieftain prototypes and designs for tier 9 (including ballistic testing), and others for tier 8.

10 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

I don't understand the interest in the Vickers MBT and Vijayanta. They literally are cheaper Centurions.

Having researched quite extensively into the vickers MBT, the whole "they are cheaper centurions" is one of the most frustrating things which propagate about the tanks, and render them so frequently as a subject of non-discussion. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that the Vickers MBT is a "simplified to manufacture centurion with improvements". At the time of their introduction, the Vickers MBT Mk 1 had a better fire control system then the Chieftain. Different gun of course (the L11 was more accurate in this regard), but the vickers MBT had all the components of firing control the chieftain did at the time of it's introduction, plus one or two additional features. The reason it was a cheaper tank was because it was off the shell parts (even if many of the off the shelf parts were from the chieftain), and a simplified armour layout. With the two mindsets during the time being moderate levels of armour or little if none, the tank was designed to be resistant to autocannon fire (like the Leopard 1 and AMX 30 were). That also kept the weight down (which dramatically improved reliability of the L60 engine) and offered improved mobility. Keep in mind, the late mark centurions were some ~52 tonnes. The vickers mbt was 40 tonnes, with similar engine power (if not more as developments to the L60 improved power), and a 15km/h higher top speed. The L7 also featured an system which improved rate of fire, allowing for 10-12rpm sustained, with a peak of 15-20rpm (for a few rounds). About the main thing you can say against the tank is it doesn't quite have 10 degrees depression, but the mk 2 and onwards fixed that problem.

In game terms, the Mk 1 is comfortably a tier 9

10 hours ago, tajj7 said:

That. The gun is the most fun aspect of the Conqueror and FV. They had to keep it at FV levels. 

I don't really care about the tier X, i mean i will get it because i want an extra ten, but i'm more worried of what will they do to the conqs' gun. It's the best gun i've ever used in the game. It would terrible for fucking WG to destroy the best part of the tank to make another shitty superheavy that just forces everybody to press 2 and takes 3 dark ages to shoot. I hope the tier IX nerf, at least, is minimal (but knowing WG i'm sure the slight dpm nerf will be nothing in comparison to the probable soft stats destruction they will implement).

1 hour ago, Nkrlz said:

I don't really care about the tier X, i mean i will get it because i want an extra ten, but i'm more worried of what will they do to the conqs' gun. It's the best gun i've ever used in the game. It would terrible for fucking WG to destroy the best part of the tank to make another shitty superheavy that just forces everybody to press 2 and takes 3 dark ages to shoot. I hope the tier IX nerf, at least, is minimal (but knowing WG i'm sure the slight dpm nerf will be nothing in comparison to the probable soft stats destruction they will implement).

Still better than the M103, however.

I don't care really after playing the Conq. i've seen the light, every other gun is shit, i like it even more that the russian hovertank machineguns. Once you go L1A1 you CAN'T go back.

So when we get this new tank all the stats will be reset correct? Never really liked the 215B even though it was my first tier X.

35 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

So when we get this new tank all the stats will be reset correct? Never really liked the 215B even though it was my first tier X.

Stats, MoEs etc remain with the FV215b

On 9/14/2017 at 2:06 AM, lavawing said:

Still better than the M103, however.

being better than the m103 isn't really saying much