Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DHP

WZ-120-1G FT tier 8 premium TD

12 posts in this topic

Been watching a bit of skill4ltu, QB and circon playing it and i look likes a pretty decent beast. Have any of you bought it ? Any thoughts ? 

Seems like the combination of great mobility, 440 alpha, 215+ frontal armor works well. The gun handling ain't even that bad since you have better hidden dispersion than comparable tier 8 premiums TD also it's -6 depression so it's not stellar but at least you are not gimped in a one on one..

answers the question of "what would a tier 8 SU-122-44 be like?"

p7vOQjM.png

A pretty unique tank, took me a while to master( a good 40 games, which is like 4x my usually adaptation time)

Rammer+GLD+Binoc

BiA+Camo+double gunhandling perks+repair

Great camo, good-ish speed, great dpm

Shit dispersion(0.15), shit aimtime, shit acc, basically you can't snipe for shit in high tier games an dpretty much can't hit a barn if it has wheels attached to it and is moving at a distance

Good base VR, but even with optics, unless you run food and have a 4 skill crew, it just doesn't provide enough VR, so i picked Binoc.

Why not vent? cause GLD is a must have and cause you don't want to be completely useless.

Like i said above, at tier 10, your AP shell ain't gonna hit shit, and if it hit, it ain't gonna pen most likely. So you need binoc to push to 490 VR to at least help your team gain mapcontrol in tier 10 games, you have 50% stationary camo, with 490 VR you can easily lock down a vast area, this is way better return than Vent.

This thing is a fucking beast in tier 8 games, high base armor that renders most 220~ pen shells obsolete if you are at a high ground(no SW jokes pls), and dpm to literally shred an entire team in a matter of minutes, but again, you are pretty useless in tier 10 games, shit dispersion, shit acc, shit APpen(if you shoot heat it might be better in tier 10, but you are trying to make cred after all) no turret and generally shit armor against 260+ pen means you are not gonna get much done most of the times.(i've had a generally bad time playing tier 10 city maps in this tank, but that might just be 160ms ping to EU acting up, really makes brawling and poking a bitch)

You always want high ground, gain it and you will win since you'll have near 260 effective armor, you don't necessarily need to be "high" you can use small rock/slope to simply tilt yourself upward and make use of your rather good -6 depression. This way instead of your 200UFP/130 LFP(which wouldn't stop an IS3 at medium engagement)  you get 250-260 UFP and a slightly larger 130 LFP, this would increase your survivability immensely as any inaccurate hits that lands on your UFP will bounce.

fQWVong.png

Blocking 4k using a small incline to angle my armor against JT88

@CarbonWard do you just buy every premium and mark it in a single day or what ? :foreveralone:    Would you suggest the tank ? 

4 hours ago, DHP said:

@CarbonWard do you just buy every premium and mark it in a single day or what ? :foreveralone:    Would you suggest the tank ? 

Who said he's playing his own accounts? Did you not know, we're all Carbonward's account?

Not yet available on NA so that's a bummer. But I am noticing a few key factors that are subtle on their own, but powerful when they all happen to be on the same tank. So let's break this down.

You want to play at tier 8, but tier 8 has problems. Its expensive and its bottom tier all the time. You want to play a tier 8 premium so that you can participate at high tiers without breaking your bank. But even in spite of all the recently released tier 8 premiums that have more than enough cancer armor to troll the hell out of the lower tiers, they aren't very well optimized to deal with higher tiers. Likewise there are a number of tier 8 TDs that at least have enough dakka to threaten the higher tiers, but they pay for it with the usual TD weaknesses. Either that or they're not premium and therefore unprofitable. Skorpion seems like the answer, but its camo and view range are bad, its profile is huge, and anyone's HE can pen it frontally.

But this WZ eggroll cannon meets many of the same criteria without many of the same weaknesses. Its profile is low, camo is good, and view range is high enough to run optics if you stack with food (and being premium it can actually afford that). Armor is functional in the right circumstances, yet mobility is still more than workable. And the sheer amount of dakka combined with all of the above means you can rely on pure muscle to solve your problems even when bottom tier.

The weakness is supposed to be accuracy and aim time, but check this out- https://tanks.gg/tank/wz-120-1-ft?e=22.25.5&k=0&c=-1.-1.13                             If you're willing to stack food, laying drive, and BIA then those two problems basically disappear. As for the pen situation, 248 pen AP and 310 pen HEAT is pretty good all things considered. It can actually afford to spam some HEAT without needing a premium account.

Basically if I was told to balance a tier 8 so that it can readily participate in any possible scenario +/-2 MM can create without it looking blatantly OP and scaring the plebs, the eggroll cannon as we see it here would be that very thing.

Only played a few games so far, I like it- camo seems good, aim time seems awkward, mobility is pretty decent, but your fuel tanks are at the front.

Don't play Chinese tanks, so maybe this is a no brainer for many of you, but  I've been set on fire twice from front penning shots, and had my fuel tanks damaged a number of times

Something to keep in mind.

And if anyone's interested, 3967/256 assisted +5 kills (and a draw) gets you a Mastery. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0