Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaneaaa

Do you think the current mm for tier 8 will reduce premium tank sales?

17 posts in this topic

I was just thinking, when I talk to some other players about the new tier 8 tank releases, a few are quite cold about buying a tier 8 premium, not because the tank itself is bad, but because the mm is hard on tier 8s. Do you think that the current mm has lead to reduced sales in tier 8 premiums, which seem to be the main marketing strategy wg has been going for (judging by how many they are churning out)...

Löwe, Defender & co are still pretty awesomesauce and people who don't know much about the game will always invest in premium tanks. That's why the Löwe became a meme tank in the first place.

No, idiots will buy whatever new shit Tier8 Tank WG throws on the website.  I've had games recently where it seems like 3/4 of all the players are in Premium Tanks.

If the constant stream of games many people had before the MM changes, where you were one of two or three T8's with nine Tier 10 tanks didn't stop premium sales, I don't think MM that gives you 7 other T8 tanks to shoot at will.

Lemme help you out here:

NO.

I don't think many tier 8 premium buyers even own a regular tier 8, or have 1000 battles... A large amount of them aren't aware of the MM situation anyways.

No, I don't think the MM will change sales one bit.

Personally I only play my premiums which still do well bottum tier, which is defenitely not the majority of them. If I ever feel the desire to buy another, I'll be considering penetration, regardless of if which gamemode I''ll be playing (skirmishes are still painful with low pen, because Defenders are a thing)

My premiums are for making money (Lowe) and having fun (lorr 40t). Since the mm changes the rest are only for training crews, otherwise I won't play them.

I can't imagine there aren't more like ne, but as others have said: on the grand scheme it won't make a difference, I don'tthink.

Not as long as WG offers new or updated tier 8 premiums who can handle themselves in the skewed MM, the STG Guard among the latest example of a big gun premium medium tank with better gun stats than most tier 8 mediums with few actual downsides (lack of armor is not a downside when it's compensated by a low profile and cyka turret) which can hold its own or at least be effective while bottom tier.

as WG happily points out in their "how to" video, its gun handling is on par with the German Panthers

It should, but it won't. People with more money than sense always buy first and complain later, and there's a lot of those in the WoT community.

Stg got popular because of the "guard" skin, and because it's not the usual 90mm pew pew t8 medium..

But yeah, the new MM should discourage people from buying tier 8 prems, especially the pref mm tier 8s.. WG has to buff them somehow to keep them competitive with defenders and friends.

Even in t8 SH it's quite rare to see tanks like the IS6/112 or the KV5 (which i still love), they're so outdated compared to the new ones.

WG is making most of their money out of these new tanks with "speshul" skins like the guard, defender, patriot etc because they're new and some of them are really strong

On a side note: i bought the STG (non camo version because fuck autistic camos, it's a tank game, not an anime) because it's not the usual 90mm pew pew tier 8 medium that struggles to pen is3s.. it's a "unique" tank, rear mounted turret, 122mm with a somewhat decent accuracy, great camo.. 

So, no, people won't stop buying tier 8 premiums just because of the MM, the worst that can happen is people buying them and not playing them (like i did with a few ones, and i'm waiting for the trade thingy again to get rid of a few shit tanks)

Considering T8 premiums are almost de-facto tier 9s I fucking doubt it.

It doesn't discourage some of the newer more powerful premium tank sales, but it should discourage sales of the older tier 8 premium tanks.  Regular matchmaking tier 8 tanks get twice as many tier 10 battles as they did pre patch 9.14 and half or less than half the tier 8 battles they did pre 9.18.  That's based on data I collected over several patches.

2 minutes ago, Bavor said:

It doesn't discourage some of the newer more powerful premium tank sales, but it should discourage sales of the older tier 8 premium tanks. 

I would have thought it was the newer prems that were the things discouraging the sale of the older prems...

But basically as long as 8 prems are the best way to earn credits, there will be a market there. I just wish WG went back to credit earning as the main reason to buy, rather than using competitive advantages as the incentive.

Rumor has it that WG considers bringing back the Type 59... So I guess thats a yes, milk the cow dry as hard as possible then let the balancing and dev team try to work with the shambles.

On 18/09/2017 at 3:39 PM, Jaegaer said:

Rumor has it that WG considers bringing back the Type 59... So I guess thats a yes, milk the cow dry as hard as possible then let the balancing and dev team try to work with the shambles.

But the type 59 is not that good isnt it?

10 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

But the type 59 is not that good isnt it?

..any more - yes. This is probably one of the surest signs how much old tanks have been power creeped.

And then, with the latest MM changes, tanks with limited MM got raped hrd by being thrown into tier IX battles almost 100% of all matches.

its not about how good or bad it is, its a matter of principle. If it goes on sale, its a sure-fire sign that you should stop investing irl money into the game if you haven't already. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0