arthurwellsley

9.20.1 Personal Missions

317 posts in this topic

Orders seem to be a slightly more flexible version of the 5th token you get now for honors on 15th mission. Its the same principle, if you get all four then you can immediately complete the 5th type by spending four Orders. They have made Orders more flexible so that if you do play all types you can use one Order to miss a level 1-14 mission that's hanging you up. If this is correct then I would expect 4 Orders should still allow you to complete the 15th mission even if you haven't done 1-14. If thats not correct, and you will now need one Order to 'skip' 1-14 AND 4 for #15 to miss a line, game over.

The other key issue is whether you get Orders for tanks you have, if you completed only 4 of the 5 lines with honors (ie no arty play). In those cases, you'd get 4 Orders per tank completed. If they do award those Orders but dont debit them against the lines you didn't play - wow - we'd all be unlocking the next tank on patch day. However, I think they will notice that and do that math - which would be bad news for all the non-arty players.

7 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

If thats not correct, and you need one Order for 1-14 and 4 for #15 for a missed line, game over.

I believe this is what is going to happen which i think is very fair. You need 4 for #15 and you can use 1 or 2 order to complete the harder mission between 1-14.

Only 4 order to directly complete mission #15 without doing ANY prior mission seems way too easy suddenly.

Personally i have done all 5 for stug and T28 + 4 for T55A and 3 for 260 so i should have 17 order to use. So, 4 on TD-15 and 4 on SPG-15 which means i have 9 order left to for the SPG missions. Therefore i should only have to do 5 SPG missions out of the 15 to unlock the tank.

21 minutes ago, DHP said:

I believe this is what is going to happen which i think is very fair. You need 4 for #15 and you can use 1 or 2 order to complete the harder mission between 1-14.

Only 4 order to directly complete mission #15 without doing ANY prior mission seems way too easy suddenly.

Personally i have done all 5 for stug and T28 + 4 for T55A and 3 for 260 so i should have 17 order to use. So, 4 on TD-15 and 4 on SPG-15 which means i have 9 order left to for the SPG missions. Therefore i should only have to do 5 SPG missions out of the 15 to unlock the tank.

I dont think they are going to expect non-arty players to use 18 Orders to skip the arty line (14+ 4). Thats is way harder than it is now. Where are all those Orders going to come from? If you completed Stug, HTC and T-55A doing all 5 tracks each with honors, you would only have 15 Orders - that's not enough to skip even one line of Obj 260. 

Maybe I missed something, but are people thinking the orders are cumulative between sets? It would be closer to what we have now if you get one order per X-15 with honors within the mission set.   Like how the extra tokens work now only with a different name/theme.

16 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

If you completed Stug, HTC and T-55A doing all 5 tracks each with honors, you would only have 15 Orders - that's not enough to skip even one line of Obj 260. 

Could you not get the next 3 from completing Object 260 missions (e.g. HT, TD & MT)?

38 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

Where are all those Orders going to come from? If you completed Stug, HTC and T-55A doing all 5 tracks each with honors, you would only have 15 Orders - that's not enough to skip even one line of Obj 260. 

5 orders per sets. So 5x3=15 for the first 3 sets then you add the sets from the 260 mission you have already done ( i already did 3) so i should have 18 orders but i only have 17 since i missed SPG-15-3.

Your way seems WAY too easy to be reality IMO.

36 minutes ago, kreigermann said:

Maybe I missed something, but are people thinking the orders are cumulative between sets? It would be closer to what we have now if you get one order per X-15 with honors within the mission set. Like how the extra tokens work now only with a different name/theme.

That seems more WG-like, but what's the end result and why? Is it just to make it easier to get the extra crew member?

@monjardin, that's how I read it. It would be really nice to get all those back orders from stug/HTC/55a and then be completely done with these missions(I've been stuck on HT15, MT15 and half 75% done with TDs for 260) but while WG is all about dumbing down mission reqs it is in their MO to make you plug through as much of it as possible.  As it is now, you have to finish 4x of X-15s to get enough tokens to ignore an entire line. It just makes more sense (not that WG makes sense often with game design) they are all about "getting people to play" right now people just skip one of the lines and go for honors on the others. This way it entices people to play through most of the mission lines, and play roulette, first 4 mission sets done the last is free, and you still get your crew.

1 hour ago, Gryphon_ said:

I dont think they are going to expect non-arty players to use 18 Orders to skip the arty line (14+ 4). Thats is way harder than it is now. 

That's exactly what they're doing. 

Personally I've gotten every tank by doing LT/MT/HT/TD with honors, and I'm only missing MT-15 for 260 (done without honors). So when the patch comes, I'll get 4+4+4+3 for a total of 15 Orders. 

To get the 260 I need to spend 14+4 (18) on the SPG set. Because I only have 15 Orders I am forced to get at least 3 artillery missions done. 

Basically, unless you're already gotten your 260, or they allow you to skip final missions without unlocking them first (highly unlikely), it means you will no longer be able to get reward tanks without playing artillery.

44 minutes ago, Sapros said:

or they allow you to skip final missions without unlocking them first (highly unlikely), it means you will no longer be able to get reward tanks without playing artillery.

But is this not how it works now? Four tokens/orders (completed with honors) lets you skip the fifth tank line for the same tank.  The opportunity to use orders to skip the rare RNG slot machine missions (the old two fires, etc) or use them to skip a mission/set on a different reward tank is interesting.

Notwithstanding, how they decide to retroactively hand out orders at patch drop.  The current proposal seems generous as getting another set of tokens/orders to reuse will be a boon to those struggling with the Personal Missions.

STUG IV:
LT - Honors
MT - Complete
HT - Complete
TD - Honors
SPG - Complete

2 Orders?

T28 Concept:
LT - Honors
MT - Honors
HT - Honors
TD - Honors
SPG - 

4 Orders?

T55A:
LT -
MT - Honors
HT - Honors
TD - Honors
SPG - Honors

4 Orders?

260:
LT -
MT - (At 15th Mission)
HT - Honors
TD - (At 15th Mission)
SPG - (At 15th Mission)

1 Order?
That gives me 11? Which I would need 12 if I only have to do 4/5 Missions.

Going to assume they are not going to pull tanks for using the old system and completing 4/5 Missions with honors. But does the new require that all 5 be done? If so, for my 260 Missions, do I need to actually do any other missions?

31 minutes ago, 8_Hussars said:

But is this not how it works now? Four tokens/orders (completed with honors) lets you skip the fifth tank line for the same tank.  The opportunity to use orders to skip the rare RNG slot machine missions (the old two fires, etc) or use them to skip a mission/set on a different reward tank is interesting.

Currently doing 4/5 with honors means you get 4 extra Commendations which is enough to obtain a tank. 

You need to complete 5/5 after the patch to get a tank, with or without honors. Doing 4/5 with honors means you get 4 Orders, which allows you to skip a final mission (SPG-15), thus getting the tank.

The problem is you will most likely have to unlock that final mission before being allowed to skip it. That means playing artillery. There's no way around it. 

29 minutes ago, Nuttydave1234 said:

260:
LT -
MT - (At 15th Mission)
HT - Honors
TD - (At 15th Mission)
SPG - (At 15th Mission)

1 Order?
That gives me 11? Which I would need 12 if I only have to do 4/5 Missions.

Going to assume they are not going to pull tanks for using the old system and completing 4/5 Missions with honors. But does the new require that all 5 be done? If so, for my 260 Missions, do I need to actually do any other missions?

Yes, you will need 5/5 to get the tank. If you can do any of the remaining final missions with honors, you'll have 12 Orders, enough to skip the remaining missions, basically.

Most likely you'll still have to unlock LT-15.

2 minutes ago, Sapros said:

Currently doing 4/5 with honors means you get 4 extra Commendations which is enough to obtain a tank. 

You need to complete 5/5 after the patch to get a tank, with or without honors. Doing 4/5 with honors means you get 4 Orders, which allows you to skip a final mission (SPG-15), thus getting the tank.

The problem is you will most likely have to unlock that final mission before being allowed to skip it. That means playing artillery. There's no way around it. 

Yes, you will need 5/5 to get the tank. If you can do any of the remaining final missions with honors, you'll have 12 Orders, enough to skip the remaining missions, basically.

I kind of see what your saying... but I read it as

under the current system; five completions are required however you can trade "four extra Commendations" for the 5th mission set completion and the reward tank, without unlocking the 5th final mission or getting the fifth female.  

under the new system, five components are also required however you can trade "four orders" for the fifth mission component and the reward tank, and presumably the female crew without unlocking the fifth final mission.

This presents the situation of how does WG account for those of us who already took advantage of the extra commendations to skip mission sets.  I suspect that if you only did four sets of missions for a reward tank your orders (at patch drop) are "allocated" to those skipped missions and are effectively locked to those levels until you release them by doing that skipped mission set with or without honors.  So your not forced to play arty (or what ever class gives you problems) but if you want to free up those orders to skip other missions/sets you will certainly have the opportunity to do so, which really does make the overall tank reward mission completions/progression easier.  So there is much larger incentive to eventually complete each set of missions; and further with honors because you can use reassign the orders anywhere...

Stug IV HTC T55a Obj 260
LT Honors Honors Complete in progress
MT Honors Honors Honors Complete
HT Honors Honors Honors Honors
TD Honors Honors Honors in progress
SPG Honors Skipped Complete Skipped

Orders
Earned
5 4 3 1
Orders
Allocated
0 4 0 0
Orders
Free
5 0 3 1

Total Orders Earned  13  
    Total Orders Allocated 4  
    Total Orders Free to Assign 9  

40 minutes ago, Sapros said:

What you are saying is that you cant use 4 orders to complete a #15 mission unless you have completed the other 14 in the line. I cant see them going down that road as  - if you are right, it forces everyone to play arty. How popular would THAT be? Thats a lot harder than the way it is now. 

The reason for the change to Orders is more likely to give players who do play all 5 lines the possibility of using the orders they earned on one tank to skip tough missions on the next. That makes more sense. At the moment, you gain nothing by playing all 5 lines except another girlie.

I agree it would be a lot easier if you were suddenly given orders for all the 15's you completed with honors on prior tanks. However, I think they will deduct 4 for every line you skipped on prior tanks. So using Nuttydave's example, he would get 2 orders from Stug,  net 0 from HTC (4 earned, 4 spent on skipped line), net 0 from T55 (4 earned, 4 spent on skipped line) , and has earned 1 so far for Obj 260: total 3. 

I don't play arty. So RIP me ever getting the t-55a or 260. 

At least they'll give me the female crew for the arty lines on the Stug and HTC (Or so I read this as)

Also, I wonder if you have to have these vehicles in your garage to be credited with the previous missions. It would be just like WG'g to penalize you for selling the reward tanks.

30 minutes ago, 8_Hussars said:

I suspect that if you only did four sets of missions for a reward tank your orders (at patch drop) are "allocated" to those skipped missions and are effectively locked to those levels until you release them by doing that skipped mission set with or without honors.  So your not forced to play arty (or what ever class gives you problems) but if you want to free up those orders to skip other missions/sets you will certainly have the opportunity to do so, which really does make the overall tank reward mission completions/progression easier.  

30 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

However, I think they will deduct 4 for every line you skipped on prior tanks. So using Nuttydave's example, he would get 2 orders from Stug,  net 0 from HTC (4 earned, 4 spent on skipped line), net 0 from T55 (4 earned, 4 spent on skipped line) , and has earned 1 so far for Obj 260: total 3. 

This makes a lot of sense. Hopefully you're right and I'm wrong.

26 minutes ago, 8_Hussars said:

This presents the situation of how does WG account for those of us who already took advantage of the extra commendations to skip mission sets.  I suspect that if you only did four sets of missions for a reward tank your orders (at patch drop) are "allocated" to those skipped missions and are effectively locked to those levels until you release them by doing that skipped mission set with or without honors.  So your not forced to play arty (or what ever class gives you problems) but if you want to free up those orders to skip other missions/sets you will certainly have the opportunity to do so, which really does make the overall tank reward mission completions/progression easier.  So there is much larger incentive to eventually complete each set of missions; and further with honors because you can use reassign the orders anywhere...

Eh- They did specifically mention that users will get 2 female crew for example for Stug/T28...which makes me believe they are not going to lock your orders for those missions that you skipped. 

7 minutes ago, Nuttydave1234 said:

Eh- They did specifically mention that users will get 2 female crew for example for Stug/T28...which makes me believe they are not going to lock your orders for those missions that you skipped. 

The reward for fulfilling the primary conditions of skipped final missions will also be received, e.g. if you completed the StuG IV and T28 HTC operations by skipping the SPG sets, you will receive the reward for fulfilling the primary conditions.

Well, IMHO that certainly supports the new fangled orders being locked there, hence you get the crew reward.

7 minutes ago, Nuttydave1234 said:

Eh- They did specifically mention that users will get 2 female crew for example for Stug/T28...

I wouldn't premise anything on what the linked article states. Trying to interpret WG through a bad translation will only lead to tears.

He also says: "you can redo the mission and retrieve the order since they are reusable." If orders were reusable you could just do the Stug set of missions over and a over to get all 4 tanks. Not likely. 

7 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

He also says: "you can redo the mission and retrieve the order since they are reusable." If orders were reusable you could just do the Stug set of missions over and a over to get all 4 tanks. Not likely. 

No. Reusable in that you can go back an complete unfinished missions to free up the orders. 

9 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

I wouldn't premise anything on what the linked article states. Trying to interpret WG through a bad translation will only lead to tears.

Too true in general.

However, its fairly easy to draw a conclusion that if you do/redo the mission/mission set your "attributed" orders are recoverable and re-assignable (or reusable as the poor translation says).

4 minutes ago, monjardin said:

No. Reusable in that you can go back an complete unfinished missions to free up the orders. 

That's not redoing or reusable. It's doing it for the first time. I'm confused?

Just now, sohojacques said:

That's not redoing or reusable. It's doing it for the first time. I'm confused?

HT 12.3 (Skipped) with use of an "order"

At some point in the future

HT 12.3 Complete with Honors - Get Mission Goodies and "order" retrieved for reuse on some other mission/mission set

@8_Hussars 1 order per mission 15 with honours completion, according to the article. Which does make sense.

Just now, sohojacques said:

So for people who have completed mission sets prior to the new system of orders being release, the could redo the missions to get orders? Again, seems too good to be true?

Think of it as 20 "orders" maximum (Four tanks X Five Mission sets) .  If you use "orders" to skip missions/mission sets (like only doing 4 mission sets and using 4 orders to skip fifth set) and then go back and do/redo the mission set, then you "retrieve" those "orders" to be able to "reuse" them by skipping a different mission/mission set.