arthurwellsley

9.20.1 Personal Missions

319 posts in this topic

I did all 5 Stug missions with honors, then 4 T28htc with honors, then 4 T-55a with honors. I've done LT15.4 with honors (dozens of times lol), HT15.4 with honors, TD15.4 with NO honors and have unlocked MT15.4 but not completed it. 

How close am I?

15 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I did all 5 Stug missions with honors, then 4 T28htc with honors, then 4 T-55a with honors. I've done LT15.4 with honors (dozens of times lol), HT15.4 with honors, TD15.4 with NO honors and have unlocked MT15.4 but not completed it. 

How close am I?

If I understand correctly:

- you have five orders free from the Stug set (you didn't need to use any to get the tank)

- you earned four orders on the T28 HTC set, those are locked into the fifth x.15 on the same set - the one that you did not do, I guess SPG 

- same goes for the T-55a

- on the object you have two orders (for HT and LT hodors), and miss completion of three x.15 missions. To "fill" the three missing, so to speak, you need 3*4=12 orders. You have five from the Stug, none free from T28 HTC and T-55a, and two from the object. 7 total, ergo five missing.

If you do the missing X.15 with hodors on either T28 HTC or the T-55a, that will get one extra order, plus free up four more (that you "used up", sort of). That 1+4, plus the 7 you already have, should come to 12 and allow for plugging the three missing X.15 completions on the object.

Edit: I just saw you have TD 15.4 with no hodors. That means you only need 8 orders to fill the set (missing MT and SPG), but you still only have 7. Do one more X.15 (any one) with hodors to get the last order, maybe even more (see scenario above). No-SPG option: if you do MT or TD 15.4 with hodors, you would have 7+1=8 orders, and need only 2*4=8 in turn - bingo, object.

47 minutes ago, Stiglic said:

If I understand correctly:

- you have five orders free from the Stug set (you didn't need to use any to get the tank)

- you earned four orders on the T28 HTC set, those are locked into the fifth x.15 on the same set - the one that you did not do, I guess SPG 

- same goes for the T-55a

- on the object you have two orders (for HT and LT hodors), and miss completion of three x.15 missions. To "fill" the three missing, so to speak, you need 3*4=12 orders. You have five from the Stug, none free from T28 HTC and T-55a, and two from the object. 7 total, ergo five missing.

If you do the missing X.15 with hodors on either T28 HTC or the T-55a, that will get one extra order, plus free up four more (that you "used up", sort of). That 1+4, plus the 7 you already have, should come to 12 and allow for plugging the three missing X.15 completions on the object.

Edit: I just saw you have TD 15.4 with no hodors. That means you only need 8 orders to fill the set (missing MT and SPG), but you still only have 7. Do one more X.15 (any one) with hodors to get the last order, maybe even more (see scenario above). No-SPG option: if you do MT or TD 15.4 with hodors, you would have 7+1=8 orders, and need only 2*4=8 in turn - bingo, object.

Thanks man. That seems pretty likely given the idea of "slightly easier but not just giving it away". I can probably do SPG.2 series with honors pretty easily in the M44 or French SPG line! 

@Stiglic I have 5 orders from Stug and T28 each then. With HT/TD honors and MT no honors, I'll just be able to use 8 of the 10 orders on LT-15.4 and SPG-15.4 to get the 260 on patch day?!

3 hours ago, snowdude21325 said:

I'm trying to understand this, and I will not be playing arty ever again, but I have the Heavy and Medium missions done for the 260. I'm almost done the TD missions and I have a few light missions left. I haven't started the arty missions obviously. I have always skipped the arty missions other then for the Stug, which were easy as fuck with an old M53/55. Now would I be able to get the 260 if the patch were to drop tomorrow, or would I need to finish either the TD or LT missions then be able to get the 260? I will not be playing arty so I'm trying to avoid that at all costs. 

If I read correctly,

Stug IV - 4 orders available (assuming you did 4 sets with honors and maybe 5 if you also did SPG with Honors)

HTC - 0 orders available ( 4 orders locked in fifth mission set)

T55a - 0 orders available (4 orders locked in fifth mission set)

260 - 2 orders available (assuming heavy and med are done with honors)

So you have 6 (maybe 7) orders to play with...

so you can skip the 260 SPG mission set by using 4 orders and further use 2 (or 3) to skip individual RNG missions on your way to completing the last two 260 mission sets (honors not required)

If you finish one more 260 mission set with honors you may have gathered up 8 orders so you can skip 2 sets of 260 missions...

21 minutes ago, monjardin said:

@Stiglic I have 5 orders from Stug and T28 each then. With HT/TD honors and MT no honors, I'll just be able to use 8 of the 10 orders on LT-15.4 and SPG-15.4 to get the 260 on patch day?!

That's how it looks like now, yes. You will have ten unused orders from the first two sets (twelve altogether, in fact, if you count the two from HT and TD 15.4 with hodors), and there is nothing to say now that you can't use 2*4 of those to complete your missing two 15.4 missions.

Wht is more interesting: the 4 orders you have plugged into SPG 15.3 to get the T-55a should, after patch, count as a proper mission completion - I suppose that should therefore mean you would need to be given the fifth girl from that set, as theoretically the mission that rewards her will then be complete?

Anyhow, it all hinges on orders being transferable between mission tiers, and I have been told earlier in the thread that that's how it'll be.

Making X.15 hodors more difficult (which is hinted at earlier in this thread) also seems to be in line with this, by implying that these hodors (and thus the orders they give, presently called commendations) are due to increase in value.

Frankly I find this too good to be true, but I guess they might just want to make the rewards more accessible or something?

@Stiglic or @8_Hussars - since both of you seem to be able to translate this...

StuG - LT-15 not done, 7/14 Lt w/ Honors. All other missions w/ Honors. = 4 Hodors?

T28 - 12/15 LT w/ Honors, 10/15 SPG w/ Honors, all other classes with Honors. All 15.2 w/ Honors. = 5 Hodors?

T55A - 10/15 LT w/ Honors, 15/15 MT w/ Honors, 12/15 HT w/ Honors, 11/15 TD w/ Honors, 5/14 SPG w/ Honors. = 4 Hodors?

260 - 8/14 LT w/ Honors, stuck on 7.4 (3 SPG's), 8/15 MT w/ Honors, 4/11 HT w/ Honors (stuck on 12.4, will work on 13.4 and 14.4 first, now), 12/14 TD w/ Honors (on 15.4), 9/14 SPG w/ Honors (on 15.4). = 1 Hodor?

So, seems like 13 total?  And I need 4 per 15.x completion, so I can spend 8 on TD and SPG, 1 on LT 7.4, then 4 on LT 15.4 IOT get 260 on Patch?  Is my summation correct, or do I need to go back and pick up the 15.1 LT and 15.3 SPG to free up those orders?

To summarize what I find the most egregious example of "lightening" the object 260 difficulty, you should after patch get it by:

- Stug set fully done with hodors: 5 orders

- T28 HTC set full done with hodors: 5 orders

- two trees of the object set done with hodors: 2 orders

Bam, you now have 12 orders and can thus skip the other three trees in the object 260 set. And you only had to get hodors in the first two SPG sets, which is not that big of a deal.

all in all, the new system seems to reward one massively if they are willing to diversify and get full hodors in the earlier sets: that way their hodors are free to burn on the later tiers. However, if you don't do SPGs *ever*, all your orders from the first three sets will be tied up, and you will need to perform for the object just as before: by getting four hodors from the 15.4 missions.

15 minutes ago, Errants said:

@Stiglic or @8_Hussars - since both of you seem to be able to translate this...

StuG - LT-15 not done, 7/14 Lt w/ Honors. All other missions w/ Honors. = 4 Hodors?

T28 - 12/15 LT w/ Honors, 10/15 SPG w/ Honors, all other classes with Honors. All 15.2 w/ Honors. = 5 Hodors?

T55A - 10/15 LT w/ Honors, 15/15 MT w/ Honors, 12/15 HT w/ Honors, 11/15 TD w/ Honors, 5/14 SPG w/ Honors. = 4 Hodors?

260 - 8/14 LT w/ Honors, stuck on 7.4 (3 SPG's), 8/15 MT w/ Honors, 4/11 HT w/ Honors (stuck on 12.4, will work on 13.4 and 14.4 first, now), 12/14 TD w/ Honors (on 15.4), 9/14 SPG w/ Honors (on 15.4). = 1 Hodor?

So, seems like 13 total?  And I need 4 per 15.x completion, so I can spend 8 on TD and SPG, 1 on LT 7.4, then 4 on LT 15.4 IOT get 260 on Patch?  Is my summation correct, or do I need to go back and pick up the 15.1 LT and 15.3 SPG to free up those orders?

Only the 15th mission honors count in this context, those are what give you the orders you need to skip missions. 15th missions need four orders to skip

I can't tell from your post how many of your 15.X missions are completed with honors - the honors from 1 to 14 don't matter here

if you got a tank in a set with only four 15.X mission completions, that means you must have had four 15.X honors on that set - and they will all be used up in completing the missing 15.X in that set. You will have leftover orders only if you finished sets with all five respective trees completed, n of which were 15.X honors - n is the number of extra orders you have to burn, from that set.

Hope this makes sense 

Really? So just looked and I actually completed all 5 of the final missions with honors from Stug,T28, and T55A, this means I only need to complete one 260 set to get the tank?

That is kinda nice.

12 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Really? So just looked and I actually completed all 5 of the final missions with honors from Stug,T28, and T55A, this means I only need to complete one 260 set to get the tank?

That is kinda nice.

If by "complete one" you mean complete one with honors on 15.4, then yes. 3*5 + 1 (from the one 15.4) would make 16, which should suffice to skip 4 trees in the object set.

1 hour ago, Stiglic said:

Only the 15th mission honors count in this context, those are what give you the orders you need to skip missions. 15th missions need four orders to skip

I can't tell from your post how many of your 15.X missions are completed with honors - the honors from 1 to 14 don't matter here

if you got a tank in a set with only four 15.X mission completions, that means you must have had four 15.X honors on that set - and they will all be used up in completing the missing 15.X in that set. You will have leftover orders only if you finished sets with all five respective trees completed, n of which were 15.X honors - n is the number of extra orders you have to burn, from that set.

Hope this makes sense 

Sorry, figured on the StuG and T55, since I advanced to the next, it was evident I'd done 4 15.X with honors for each.

So, only 15.X matters.

StuG - No LT 15. MT, HT, TD, SPG with Honors, 4 orders "used" to fill in for missing LT 15.  If I complete that, I'll get 4 (5 w/ LT Honors) orders, otherwise I'm at 0.

T28 - All 5 15.2 with Honors = 5 orders

55A - No SPG 15. LT, MT, HT, TD with Honors, 4 orders "used" for SPG 15.  Same story as LT 15.1, then?  Completion will net me 4 (5 with SPG Honors) orders, but currently at 0.

260 - MT 15 done, 1 order available.

So, with the revised knowledge, I currently have 6 orders available and need 16 get the 260.  Completing LT 15.1 nets me 4, and SPG 15.3 would make another 4, making 14 total.  I then need either honors on both LT 15.1 and SPG 15.3 (for 2 more), or completion of a 15.4 from another class to lower my requirement to 12.  If I complete a 15.4 mission, I don't need it with honors, since I'm just needing to fake completion of 3 15.4's for the 260 with orders, then, right?

1 hour ago, Stiglic said:

If by "complete one" you mean complete one with honors on 15.4, then yes. 3*5 + 1 (from the one 15.4) would make 16, which should suffice to skip 4 trees in the object set.

And more importantly- from what I understand, being able to complete three trees for "free". would mean I get 3 female crew right away (again unless I'm mistaken)

1 hour ago, Errants said:

Sorry, figured on the StuG and T55, since I advanced to the next, it was evident I'd done 4 15.X with honors for each.

So, only 15.X matters.

(...)

Sorry, I got confused and didn't understand if you completed via four sets and honors for each, or five sets with no honors. Anyhow, I think you got it right - let's see if they actually implement it like this

15 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

And more importantly- from what I understand, being able to complete three trees for "free". would mean I get 3 female crew right away (again unless I'm mistaken)

That's what I'm super curious about also - the present commandment system only serves as a token that gives you the tank, not the other benefits of mission completion.

I'm still not clear if the new system will count as proper mission completion, or yet again, only as a token-to-get-the-token to get the tank itself, and nothing else.

4 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

That is kinda nice.

Yes, if you complete one 260 mission with Honors, you will have 16 Orders enough to cover off the rest of the 260 mission sets!

7 minutes ago, TheSovereign said:

Some of y'alls autocorrect is telling me that you type Hodor way too much if it's correcting order to Hodor.

Honestly, I've been on my home computer, just thought it was a portmanteau of Honors and Order.

3 hours ago, Stiglic said:

That's what I'm super curious about also - the present commandment system only serves as a token that gives you the tank, not the other benefits of mission completion.

I'm still not clear if the new system will count as proper mission completion, or yet again, only as a token-to-get-the-token to get the tank itself, and nothing else.

It looks like the changes also mean the female crew is now assigned to the "skipped or completed" mission set and not just the completed mission set.  Thus why you will get female crew at patch drop if you have only done the 4 sets (and have orders allocated to the 5th) ...

4 hours ago, Errants said:

So, with the revised knowledge, I currently have 6 orders available and need 16 get the 260.  Completing LT 15.1 nets me 4, and SPG 15.3 would make another 4, making 14 total.  I then need either honors on both LT 15.1 and SPG 15.3 (for 2 more), or completion of a 15.4 from another class to lower my requirement to 12.  If I complete a 15.4 mission, I don't need it with honors, since I'm just needing to fake completion of 3 15.4's for the 260 with orders, then, right?

Yes, ^^

Completing LT 15.1 would free up 4 orders (and if done with honors give you 5)

Completing SPG 15.3 would free up 4 orders (and if done with honors give you 5)

That would give you the 16 total to use to unlock the 260...

So it's likely worth your time to complete LT 15.1 and SPG 15.3 with honors... instead of grinding the three remaining 260 mission sets...

2 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

It looks like the changes also mean the female crew is now assigned to the "skipped or completed" mission set and not just the completed mission set.  Thus why you will get female crew at patch drop if you have only done the 4 sets (and have orders allocated to the 5th) ...

I thought you got the reward for the mission you skipped but not the honors reward.

i.e. you technically complete the last mission, so you get your female crew and whatever they call that other thing that isn't an order but not the extra order because that is an honors reward. 

we could still be saying exactly the same thing here though.

21 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

I thought you got the reward for the mission you skipped but not the honors reward.

i.e. you technically complete the last mission, so you get your female crew and whatever they call that other thing that isn't an order but not the extra order because that is an honors reward. 

we could still be saying exactly the same thing here though.

We could be...

In the current system if you do four mission sets with honors, you get the tank and 4 female crew, so you essentially get to "credit" for the fifth mission set primary for the tank and not receive the fifth female crew member.  To get the fifth female crew you have to do the mission set.

As I understand the change presented in the new scheme, is that when you "skip" the fifth mission set primary with four orders you are also awarded the female crew as well... you do not have to go back and complete the mission set to receive the fifth female crew member.

Thus the e.g. in the notes saying that those who completed the tanks with four missions sets with honors, would receive the fifth female crew members...

Some more info about 9.20.1 : https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/09/15/0-9-20-1-patchnotes/#more-56973

You get 3 camo (winter/summer/desert) for the tank you won if you complete all 75 missions. And you get 3 camo for any tank for the same country of the reward tank if you complete all 75 missions with honor.

So all in all you can have 3 camo for germany, 3 for USA, 3 for Germany (again i guess..) and 3 for russia. + you get 3 camo for each reward vehicle. 

Info about order : 

Orders 

Added a new game asset: Order:

1.To receive an Order, the final mission of any set should be completed with honors
2. The Orders can be committed (i.e. used) to any mission. Thus:
a) The selected mission will be considered completed without honors
b) The player will receive the reward for the completion of the primary conditions
c) A used Order remains committed to the mission
d) The committed Order is not removed but disabled until the player retrieves it
3. To retrieve a committed order, the mission should be completed with honors. Thus, the player receives the Order back and can use it again.
4. Number of Orders to be committed to missions:
a) Any mission from 1 to 14 requires 1 Order
b) Mission 15 requires 4 Orders

Summary: orders can be used to pass complicated missions or missions that the player considers to be uninteresting. Important: players can commit Orders to the final mission of a set, even if the previous 14 missions are not completed. Having completed the four sets of missions with honors, players can immediately receive the last (fifth) vehicle component.

Info about rewards :

New Rewards
1. Added new rewards: badges
a) Two badges can be completed in each operation:
* The rank II badge is received together with the reward vehicle.
* The rank I badge is earned for completion of all 75 missions in a particular operation with honors.
b) After completing all missions in all operations, the player will receive the special unique badge: Campaign I Champion
2. Added new rewards: Camouflage patterns:
a) A set of three unique Camouflage patterns (summer, winter, and desert) can be earned for the completion of each operation:
* A set of three Camouflage patterns for the reward vehicle is earned for completion of all 75 missions.
* The same set of Camouflage patterns becomes available for any vehicle of the nation the reward vehicle belongs to, once all 75 missions are completed with honorsChanges to the Mission Conditions