MacusFlash

FV215b (183) - another special vehicle and finally (after like 6-7 years?) single shot high tier French HTs

69 posts in this topic

Unicums, pubbies and bots! FV215b 183 will be replaced with more AT/Tortoise like tank and it will become a special vehicle just like HT and Foch 155. Some screenshots from wotexpress.

OP1BnTHsA8U

VTAWJ KhFMgCAgTZPeukaA

Also we'll get old as hell ( @GehakteMolen tell us how long it takes?) French HTs tier VIII-X.

ShcRm704zcY

GnET4NvBuhA

Yz35moh0jLY

Man, the girth on those single shot French tank guns...

...Now, armour or mobility? Is the question.

24 minutes ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Man, the girth on those single shot French tank guns...

...Now, armour or mobility? Is the question.

Gameplaywise they would be very similar to the Liberte, Stupidly thick armor on the upper plate (Think of the Liberte with 370mm nominal thickness on the upper plate and you would have the "new" tier 10 heavy if I remember correctly), shitty sidearmor and a bigger gun (Was it a 120mm or a 155mm on the tier 10?)

Iirc doesn't the 65t at tier 8 have dogshit armor but an amazeballs 120mm gun?

i bet french armor give like amx 49mle. bounce a lot shoot.

that funny french have different armor in specific tank role.

Ok they need to stop replacing tier 10s, and then making them special vehicles, before I start asking for my tier 10 4202 back... Like theres no point removing it if its just gonna stay in the game.

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

Ok they need to stop replacing tier 10s, and then making them special vehicles, before I start asking for my tier 10 4202 back... Like theres no point removing it if its just gonna stay in the game.

But they discovered that these announcements make people grind and spend gold! 

3 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

But they discovered that these announcements make people grind and spend gold! 

Which is why I completed the foch grind without spending a single piece of gold, not even on crew retraining. 

It just makes me buy tanks that I researched years ago.. without ever bothering to buy...

Everytime they announce one of these.. it makes me grind preimum tanks for credits =.=

The tier 10 is most likely AMX M4 49 Ameliore fused with the TCB turret. Given its Liberte with twice as thick frontal armor, huge turret and in general being big, expect it to weight +70 tons or something so it definitely wont be a fast tank. The gun seems big though, 130-155 mm? Its basically a super-heavy when it comes to armor, expect sides suck ass.

Talking about super-heavies, maybe they finally add FCM F1 and ARL tracteur C with these :MingLee:

4 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Which is why I completed the foch grind without spending a single piece of gold, not even on crew retraining. 

its a F2P game, anything is technically possible without gold

but realistically, if you were like me and had barely touched the line and wanted the foch B, you'd really need to pull in some gold unless  you had the time and skill, something which not everyone has

My god those french tanks... If they are half as good as they look they are going to be amazeballs.

11 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Unicums, pubbies and bots! FV215b 183 will be replaced with more AT/Tortoise like tank and it will become a special vehicle just like HT and Foch 155. Some screenshots from wotexpress.

OP1BnTHsA8U

VTAWJ KhFMgCAgTZPeukaA

Also we'll get old as hell ( @GehakteMolen tell us how long it takes?) French HTs tier VIII-X.

ShcRm704zcY

GnET4NvBuhA

Yz35moh0jLY

6 FUCKING YEARS

Since those tanks where in the FUCKING TRAILER when french tanks where announced for the first time (video is from december 2011) said patch was januaria 2012....

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/update-71-coming-january-5th/

That said

Cant wait for new french heavys, the Liberte is awesome (so glad i got a liberte and not a stinky defender) and seeing Fv 183 removed is also nice (its a total turd and should have been removed about 3 years ago...)

Next the Fv 4005 should be ditched and after that autoloaders should be cut down, less autoloaders mostly, only french and 1 US line, and some scouts here and there, and thats it, fuck every second new tank line having autoloaders, it makes the game way to fast and greatly increase the stupid snowballing, where a game is won / lost in the first minutes (also due to mongols in tier 10 light tanks...)

I speak for all chode$tarz when I say that we welcome all tanks that can be penned by glorious USA152mm rounds.

It is about time the french getting this non autoloader HT branch. For me oldfag it is nice to see we finally seem to get the tanks which were teasered years ago. And it would also make sense. WG is planing a T8 autoloader premium and so there would be this autoloader for the autoloader branch and the Liberte for this new line. 

Regarding this FV replacement. The FV makes the line worth it. A T10 tortoise doesn't. At least in my eyes. 

So, basically they have made @leggasiini's meme a reality.

Also, I demand that a giant 100mm cupola be added to the tier X british TD.

Basically what I am seeing here is a bunch more tanks that will require me to load straight gold in every tank I have that is tier 8 and up.  GG-WP-was close

#FranceisthenewJapan

I see more reasons why I'm happy I stopped playing when I did.

9 hours ago, canadiantrex said:

That ain't the Canadian Chimera is it?

It's what I originally thought too, but it's not.

This thing is based on the Conqueror chassis, while the Chimera would (likely) have used the Chieftan chassis. Also the Chimera was late 70s concept (so smoothbore gun), guaranteed this thing was probably a 50s design---if WG didn't just sneeze it out onto a napkin like the Waffle.

4 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

6 FUCKING YEARS

Reading with Charles Bronson voice (T. Hardy)