the_bolshevik

Been away for a long time. What has changed?

12 posts in this topic

So I'm back from a ~1.5 year break, having played ~250 mostly solo battles since I've returned. Not that much, but enough to start getting a feel for the game. At first I was like "omg so many new things/tenks". But digging a little deeper, and playing some more battles, I'm surprised at how little the game has evolved.

1. There are bonds and these "improved" things we can eternally grind for. As they're 5k each and considering the rate at which I've been piling bonds from playing normally, I don't see how I could hope to equip every tank with those. They don't seem to make a gigantic jump in performance anyways?
  2. There were ranked seasons? I'm a little curious, how did that go? Fun or not?
  3. Arty is still annoying. Though I will admit it's somewhat less game breaking and frustrating than before, since instead of being randomly one-shot we now have the luxury of being showered with stuns over the entire duration of the battle. So, still fucked, but slightly less so.
  4. Corridors are alive and well in 2017. Not that I was expecting anything else...
  5. Many new tanks and lines, but it seems tier 10 LTs is the most interesting development. Was that a nerf to LTs overall? I don't really drive any so I wouldn't know.
  6. The new MM is perhaps the change I feel the most positively about. Some tiers definitely get shafted harder than others though. I have a feeling the life of the average tier 6-7-8 grinder tanks probably got worse with the new rules. For the overall balance of the game and progression of new players, the new MM is probably shit and not very fair. But for my old ass that just plays his favorite 9s and 10s at this point, it seems quite alright.

So, what do you think of all that? Do you like how the game has evolved over this last 1.5y period?

Maybe I'm beating a dead horse, but I also wanted to say hi. And to those I used to run with, let's get together for some old timey platooneys!

1 hour ago, the_bolshevik said:

1. You can get more bonds by playing ranked games. It's grindy as hell, so I would( and will) skip the coming 2nd season

2.see before. Try it, but don't expect anything from it. It's campy, but what do you expect from the concept. top 14 on the winning team gets a point and the best player (by exp) on the losing team wont lose a point. So if you saw your team losing, stay back and farm damage....

3. Arty is still cancer, especially in grand battles.

4. yup

5. LTs from tier 6-->9 are very strong for their tier.  Type 64 is hilariously OP atm. Tier 10 LTs are trash. Sure the camo bonus is nice, but when do you need it really?

6. I only play tiers 9-10. Rest of the tiers got fucked by the new MM. This also prevents me from getting to the 113 or 5A, cos I wont grind past tiers 7-8.

Welcome back regardless!

Woah okay ranked sounds pretty damn bad. Is the new season coming any time soon?

you can't tell clickers on the enemy team to go die of anal rupture anymore :feelsbad:

1 hour ago, Strigonx said:

you can't tell clickers on the enemy team to go die of anal rupture anymore :feelsbad:

Some of the funniest moments I've had in this game are because all-chat was a thing.

On 9/15/2017 at 7:48 AM, the_bolshevik said:

I have a feeling the life of the average tier 6-7-8 grinder tanks probably got worse with the new rules. For the overall balance of the game and progression of new players, the new MM is probably shit and not very fair.

Welcome back!

And you hit the nail on the head with this MM comment. It is shit for most players.

Play tier 8, get tier 10, play tier 9, get tier 10, play tier 10, get a full tier 10 dump... That's the new mm in a nutshell

Can agree with new MM. Can't get purple damage on anything but tier 9/10. Everything else I get bad damage numbers, I thought it was just that I sucked after not playing the game for 1.5 years

Tier 7s can actually do decently, b/c they don't see tier 10s, and they get to crap all over tier 5s a LOT more than tier 8s get to do the same to tier 6s.  Tier 7 scouts (I keep repeating myself) are IMHO, tier-for-tier, one of the strongest groups in the game right now, b/c they're always relevant and can simply dominate when top tier.

I  never played with you, but welcome back regardless.  Re: ranked battles, didn't they tweak the scoring for this round to try and make it slightly less campy?