Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Canadian_Reaper

How does the 183 line work these days?

23 posts in this topic

Hey all

So (because so many are doing it and damnit, I'm a follower)thinking of grinding the 183 line before the replacement. (And because that replacement tanks looks sexy)

But most of what I can find on the various AT seems to predate the Japanese heavies and the Swedish TD line. AS well as buffs to various tanks, new premiums etc, so (to me) it looks like armor that was "OK" a few

years back is decidedly useless now. 

I like the idea of the line (just stack DPM on more DPM) but I'm not sure how it will play out in the hands of an average player.

Anyone have any recent experience?

Let's see...

Tier 4 and below: noone cares about those except for certain low tier wankers anyway.

Tier 5 to 9: fucking boring to play, superheavy speed meets unreliable armor as everyone will just shit on your giant tumor.

Low-alpha-high-DPM guns simply don't work on slow moving bricks without turrets, you either stay back and snipe pretending to be a shitty version of the swedish TDs or you drive fowards like a retard pretending to be a heavy assault gun and either face an enemy that is too stupid to shoot at your giant tumor or use your DPM to do some damage before you die a quick death.

Tier 10 : Has been useless since the HESH-nerf and redundant with the introduction of the Type 5 Derp.

9 times out of 10 frustrating as fuck to play due to AIDS-gunhandeling, though you get to ruin some poor idiots game every once in a while.

Not recommended to play when sober, though it can be fun with enough alcohol in your bloodstream, accuracy also seems to improve when being drunk (I need to do some more testing to confirm)

On a serious note, if you want to spam HE at tier 10, just buy a Type 5 heavy.

Thanks- kinda what I assumed but good to get confirmation from a (much) better player.

I actually don't have much interest in the 183, I've simply always liked the idea of the Tortoise, but have always gad to admit I have no idea how to make a slow,giant, underarmored tank work.

Maybe best to just wait and see what the T10 is going to be like, if it has enough armor to be workable.

I've watched a bunch of replays for teh T7-9, but they all seem to be the red team driving in front of one of the TD's repeatedly rather than any decisive positioning or playing.

19 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

accuracy also seems to improve when being drunk (I need to do some more testing to confirm)

I have some footage that confirms this theory.. https://oddshot.tv/s/R4QuOa :kappa:

Tier 5: forget the tumor; you die in 4 hits to 105 derps in the face. If you are unfortunate enough to meet arty or a KV-2/OI, you can die in 1 hit to a high roll splash. You are a slow pea shooter with no useable armor to speak of.

Tier 6: Have free exp, or you will be doing a rather long stock grind with a gun that can't pen half the light tanks with gold. Your tumor stands out like a sore thumb and renders you worse than most tier 5 TDs. The m8a1 is probably a better TD than this thing at tier 6.

Tier 7: You can work some gimmics with the pea shooter in city maps due to the off center gun as top tier, but otherwise, your armor does not stand. Forget the tumor; most t7 gold and t8 credit ammo you face can just pen you straight up from the front. On the bright side, you have the HP of a heavy tank.

Tier 8: Your front armor works... sometimes. Then the potatoes who autoaim pen you nonstop because your gun mantle (autoaim target) is just 130mm with no armor behind it. Combine it with one of the worst pea shooters for a very subpar "superheavy".

Tier 9: Tumor isn't really a weakspot; it's about as effective as the superstructure below it. Armor is function enough (partly due to the large gun arc, partly due to the large, impenetrable mantlet) to actually bounce non-premium ammo frequently. Gun packs sufficient alpha and dpm to be a real threat regardless of engagement distance. With hp that beat most heavy tanks, it's quite a decent tank.

Tier 10: You better have a lot of credits to throw away; because unless you spam the ultra expensive gold ammo, you'd be much better off staying in the tier 9.

Tier 4: Good Camo, Great Speed, Good DPM. Fun tank though no armor

Tier 5: No HP, Sub Par Guns, everyone knows your weakspots but once in a while you will meet idiots who don't so you will roll over the flank. It's boring but not super bad

Tier 6: As others mentioned - it's best to free exp. You are slow but you have no armor (seriously look at tanks gg, the model is stupid). The gun is better than on t5 though

Tier 7: Have you seen Zoolander? This tank is not an ambiturner. On one type of corners and turns it works amazing on others it is super awkward

Tier 8: It's better than people give it credit for. Yeah you get shitty cupola weakspot and a hole behind your gun autoaim can pen but you have super wide gun arc, good gun dep and if you move people will hit armored parts of your tank. The pea shooter is annoying but you can adjust to it and it has such a crazy reload it can permatrack anything. This is your key to winning. Permatrack EVERYTHING. 

Tier9: You have 200-220 effective armor on 3/4 of the tank. You have great DPM but every t9 and t10 tank will pen you if you get closer than 200m. I feel like the armor is worse than t8. The gun is glorious but you can't permatrack so easily like with the t8 and enemies have to stay in the open for you to munch on them and with current maps that's not really possible. 

Tier10: I use it to let off some steam. Nothing makes me happier than getting 2 penning hits in a row. Especially on important enemy tanks like China heavies. 

Other than the Type 5 Heavy, the FV4005 will be quite alot better tank than the 183 after the buffs its getting, especially for skilled players. It literally will be twice as mobile, have -10 depression, more ammo and it has slightly better gun stats (not counting RoF). It does have that huge turret with paper armor but you dont rly want to get shot at on either tanks. 183's armor only helps against lowtiers, and thats the literally only thing it will have over post buff 4005, and you might as well drive the Type 5 if you want armored bunker with derp gun.

Also its Swedish, not Swiss. Swiss means something from Switzerland. Why people even keep making that mistake?

The gun-weakspot ain't as bad as it seems at first, for two reasons: 1) People will almost always try to hit your cupola, even in the most awkward of situations. You could figuratively show your arse to them and they'll still try to gun for the cupola. 2) You can wave your gun around when the enemy is about to shoot. The traverse is fairly fast and you are going to aim in so fast, that it doesn't really matter.

I like driving it. It could be a bit faster, but it has a decent engine grunt, similar to the Black Prince. What I find worst, besides everyone sniping way too accurately even from longest ranges and gold ammo in general is, the running costs. It suffers from the same issue the Centurion I and current Caern suffer from in that regard: The standard shells are absurdly expensive for the damage you do. Some time ago that was kind of justified, given the 20 pounder was a fairly accurate gun even at longest ranges and had relatively high standard penetration, but since the introduction of quite a number of vehicles that have similar penetration, higher alpha and higher premium penetration on top of it and still costing less per damage, the price per shell is just bullshit.

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Also its Swedish, not Swiss. Swiss means something from Switzerland. Why people even keep making that mistake?

Because I'm stupid. Or maybe xenophobic. 

Thanks all! 

I've got enough free XP to get the T7 elited, so might start with that and see how life is as a semi armored 20KPH machine.

24 minutes ago, clownshoes2 said:

whats happening to the 183?

It will be replaced and everyone who has one at the time of the changing, will get his account reset.

5 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Other than the Type 5 Heavy, the FV4005 will be quite alot better tank than the 183 after the buffs its getting, especially for skilled players. It literally will be twice as mobile, have -10 depression, more ammo and it has slightly better gun stats (not counting RoF). It does have that huge turret with paper armor but you dont rly want to get shot at on either tanks. 183's armor only helps against lowtiers, and thats the literally only thing it will have over post buff 4005, and you might as well drive the Type 5 if you want armored bunker with derp gun.

The armor on the fv4005 means he pens you. That's a problem since it means the survivability on the fv4005 is much lower when is7s hit you for 630.  also your gun makes people panic so the armor works better than it should on the FV

4 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

The gun-weakspot ain't as bad as it seems at first, for two reasons: 1) People will almost always try to hit your cupola, even in the most awkward of situations. You could figuratively show your arse to them and they'll still try to gun for the cupola. 2) You can wave your gun around when the enemy is about to shoot. The traverse is fairly fast and you are going to aim in so fast, that it doesn't really matter.

I like driving it. It could be a bit faster, but it has a decent engine grunt, similar to the Black Prince. What I find worst, besides everyone sniping way too accurately even from longest ranges and gold ammo in general is, the running costs. It suffers from the same issue the Centurion I and current Caern suffer from in that regard: The standard shells are absurdly expensive for the damage you do. Some time ago that was kind of justified, given the 20 pounder was a fairly accurate gun even at longest ranges and had relatively high standard penetration, but since the introduction of quite a number of vehicles that have similar penetration, higher alpha and higher premium penetration on top of it and still costing less per damage, the price per shell is just bullshit.

The gun weakspot is bad because of autoaim

Autoaim only aims vaguely for that spot, if you are centerlined towards the enemy. You are doing something horribly wrong to begin with, if you do that.

So, the FV 4005 will now be fast enough to catch LTs going for hill on mines and other unexpected places where you really REALLY don't want to get surprised by a 183mm anal probe.

7 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

So, the FV 4005 will now be fast enough to catch LTs going for hill on mines and other unexpected places where you really REALLY don't want to get surprised by a 183mm anal probe.

Can we get grille15 (pre nerf) with 183. 

I think it will be more mobile, but not even close to MT/LT hover tanks. 

10 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Autoaim only aims vaguely for that spot, if you are centerlined towards the enemy. You are doing something horribly wrong to begin with, if you do that.

That is why I have said in my post if you move (and are not centerlined) your armor works better but it still means some autoaim shots at close range will be straight at your weakspot which is an annoying feature few tanks have. (Is3 stock turret when facehugged by t44 to name one since there is a shot trap)

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Can we get grille15 (pre nerf) with 183. 

I think it will be more mobile, but not even close to MT/LT hover tanks. 

19hp/t will still be strong even if the resistances are not amazeballs. I'm tempted to buy it just to fuck with people

literally garbage till the tortoise, then you get a really cool gun. Then 183 rapes. The tier4 is pretty good too.

50 minutes ago, Raj said:

literally garbage till the tortoise, then you get a really cool gun. Then 183 rapes. The tier4 is pretty good too.

I really think the at15 is better t4t than the Tort since the at15 has better armor t4t and it can permatrack better. 

14 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

At least it has still bad gunhandling so it wont be as good as grille at that. Also grille has some camo, 4005 II has none, helps bit too. And having barn as turret so it wont fit all camoed shooting spots, its really pretty big tank. Still, makes life of lights and meds harder.

21 hours ago, leggasiini said:

FV183 armor is perfectly usable (not reliable but usable) even against t10 tanks when used properly. Sidescraping works decently thanks to rear turret, yes there is fv215b style weakspot under turret but peoples usually do not aim much when they see fv183 aiming them back.  Turret is workable too, there weak spots but its not easy autopen like 4005 II.

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I really think the at15 is better t4t than the Tort since the at15 has better armor t4t and it can permatrack better. 

Yep at15 was surprisingly good when played it couple years ago. Even nowadays I see them often doing pretty well in randoms unless downtiered lot though I guess new op premiums make AT15 life harder.

On 20/09/2017 at 0:19 AM, Archaic_One said:

T49 style ! 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0