kunjuro

They f****ng did it - "New" T8 Prem, the Awfulpanther

95 posts in this topic

Needs more DPM, 135 alpha is like having 240 on a tier 10 tank, or like having 240 on the E50M, DPM should be off the charts.

At least base reload of 3.5s, if not 3s.

Rest of the stats are fun, but no gold round?  With more DPM I'd be all over it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also aside one less shell isn't that ELC thing just a better version of the old 1390 but with regular tier 8 MM? Faster clip, better aim time, more pen, faster clip reload, more gun depression and a faster tank? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Needs more DPM, 135 alpha is like having 240 on a tier 10 tank, or like having 240 on the E50M, DPM should be off the charts.

At least base reload of 3.5s, if not 3s.

Rest of the stats are fun, but no gold round?  With more DPM I'd be all over it.  

With 3 sec nominal reload it would have similar gun as E25 when it comes to DPM but way higher pen than even a gold spamming E25, better gun stats, better velocity and most notably, it has a turret.

It would be pretty damn broken, considering how insanely reliable the gun is when it comes to the accuracy/aim time/gun handling/velocity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Also aside one less shell isn't that ELC thing just a better version of the old 1390 but with regular tier 8 MM? Faster clip, better aim time, more pen, faster clip reload, more gun depression and a faster tank? 

Ah, but we haven't seen the radio stats yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leggasiini said:

With 3 sec nominal reload it would have similar gun as E25 when it comes to DPM but way higher pen than even a gold spamming E25, better gun stats, better velocity and most notably, it has a turret.

It would be pretty damn broken, considering how insanely reliable the gun is when it comes to the accuracy/aim time/gun handling/velocity.

E-25 is tier 7 with limited MM and insane camo.

This thing will be seeing tier 10s with 135 alpha, it should shred stuff when it gets that chance. 2.1k base is too low for 135 alpha, maybe 3s is too much but 3.5s seems fine to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had tons of fun with its tier 7 counterpart when I had it. BUT maps were different back then. Sniping with this in this meta will be hard. I want more DPM for it. E25 levels of DPM. It sees 10s afterall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both of these tanks look really good compared to regular tech tree tanks. The trend continues...

I don't get introducing another tier 8 premium German light tank. Why wouldn't the Walker Bulldog by in the USA tech tree? It's laziness/cheapness in creating new models I guess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kariverson said:

It sees 10s afterall. 

So do lots of other tier 8s that have worse accuracy, worse DPM, worse pen and worse mobility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

probably not until he actually gets his hands on the AFK Panther

Man, he is going to be SORE...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hally said:

The pen might not be as high as people hope... since the konish has massive pen drop off at range if I remember.

Granted, old data involved but according to this the drop off of ~11% is not even in the same ballpark as what they gave the top tier lights.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nv9o4cNkDmn0WJklBcHDjhSINYfmXp440-6wAehf1eU/edit#gid=2

Eg from the below the t100lt appears to go from ~230mm to ~185mm at 500m (so less distance even than the calc used for the spreadsheet). At a guess @720m likely about 170.. 26% reduction. Lol.

Pen%20Dropoff.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya that google docs is ancient, I'm almost certain maus do not drop off pen as much as in that sheet indicate nowdays. I vaguely remember konish getting ~25% pen drop off at 500m, comparable to the awful t10 light pen drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standard round has to be APCR based on that pen and velocity so that data probably isn't relevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Standard round has to be APCR based on that pen and velocity so that data probably isn't relevant. 

The initial pen is the same and pretty sure 1260m/s is well above AP based velocity. But yeah, who knows what WG will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit, they actually did the ELC EVEN ? :triggered: Thought that tank had totally slipped under WG's radar. 

 

9° of gun dep ? ooooh boy:frenchy:

 

*edit* olol, it's an autoloader as well ?!

 

 

Inb4 ELC EVEN 2x30mm @ a lower tier.

 

 

yeah, cuz you want to use 75mm HE on tier 9s and 10s.

 

55mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Strongholds I exclusively play the Blackdog. I cannot see the AFK Panther taking over the Blackdog role in SH. But the ELC EVEN 90 might usurp the Blackdog in SH battles?

ELC EVEN 90 may have (a) better camo value? and does have (b) auto loader clip. Five round mag of 240 each is the delivery of 1,200 in 10 seconds. IS3 =1,400 hp, and Defender = 1,450 hp so not a kill in one mag, but certainly enough to be at end game a good finisher of already damaged enemies.

 

What would you take into SH battles given the choice Blackdog or ELC EVEN 90 and why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arthurwellsley said:

What would you take into SH battles given the choice Blackdog or ELC EVEN 90 and why?

Bear in mind there's likely to be a substantial camo advantage to the ELC as well. The gun handling could make a difference i guess, but from given stats alone and the usual meta, the clip option will likely dominate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.