kunjuro

They f****ng did it - "New" T8 Prem, the Awfulpanther

95 posts in this topic

Remember AFK Panther hull is at least twice as big target as real scouts, easy target for enemies. Cannot be played like normal scouts even if camo values are good. Also mobility is probably little weaker. Still looks intresting with that gun.

22 hours ago, hall0 said:

Pen is OK but this pea shooter. 

godzilla.jpg

Upvoted for being of sufficient good taste to reference TheOatmeal.

9 hours ago, Ezz said:

Granted, old data involved but according to this the drop off of ~11% is not even in the same ballpark as what they gave the top tier lights.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nv9o4cNkDmn0WJklBcHDjhSINYfmXp440-6wAehf1eU/edit#gid=2

Eg from the below the t100lt appears to go from ~230mm to ~185mm at 500m (so less distance even than the calc used for the spreadsheet). At a guess @720m likely about 170.. 26% reduction. Lol.

Pen%20Dropoff.JPG

Pen is constant out at 0-100 meters. Then it falls off linearly at 100-500 meters. Then it is constant again at 500-720 meters.
It is explained on the introduction page of Stranas spreadsheet that you linked :)

The numbers in the garage is misleading, since they put the pen numbers for 50 meters, 200 meters and 500 meters. If you extend the 50 meter pen out to 100 meters, you will see that the 200 meter pen from the garage is exactly on the line between 100 meter pen and 500 meter pen. (well not *exactly*, since it's rounded up).

This means that tier 10 lights lose 20% pen from max at 100 meters to min at 500 meters. (I'm not sure about the AP on the t100lt tho.)

Looking through the spreadsheet, It is hard to find tank guns over tier 4 that have as bad pen falloff, unless they are autocannons. There are a few of them, but they are far between.

22 hours ago, WorldConqueror said:

I guess WGs thinking is that the lower hp/ton ratio, longer clip reload and intraclip balances out the better alpha/clip damage and viewrange. Funny that it has more damage in a clip than the 13 90 though.

With decent soft stats it will be a real thread to almost everything. I'm waiting for changes.

20 hours ago, Mikosah said:

What this might suggest is that WG may actually be considering a buff to the regular light tanks in light of just how much better the premium lights are.

For unknown reason WG is afraid of light tanks. 1st version was OP in terms of VR (440 base would wreck meta) but okay in everything else. Of course nerf hammer hit everything.

Wish they would stop doing this money grabbing shit. Both these tanks look really gun to play, but a lot of content is getting locked behind a pay wall. The game is becoming pay to experience something different at this point to older players. Yes we just got another line in the game, but not everyone loves TDs. I hate the mass release of premium. Granted it's nice to grind credits, but actually having some fun tier 8s to play that were not all premiums would be nice. 

Sadly, probably not. WG is too money hungry to realize what they are doing. If they did, then this could be one hell of a game, but sadly they can't seem to pull their head out of their ass. 

ELC EVEN seems that might suffer from the Scorpion syndrome, aka getting slight lovetaps from your allies and losing 500 hp just by leaving the base.

On 9/20/2017 at 9:43 AM, NIborGER said:

Return of the Aufklärungspanther?

I will buy it.

Many people have stated that they wanted it re-introduced into the game, even as a premium. I can't fault WG for listening to their customers. If they can just replace this AWFUL matchmaker now with a random one again.

22 hours ago, snowdude21325 said:

Wish they would stop doing this money grabbing shit. Both these tanks look really gun to play, but a lot of content is getting locked behind a pay wall. The game is becoming pay to experience something different at this point to older players. Yes we just got another line in the game, but not everyone loves TDs. I hate the mass release of premium. Granted it's nice to grind credits, but actually having some fun tier 8s to play that were not all premiums would be nice. 

AFK Panther makes a return as a tier 8 German premium. This vehicle is not intended for the premium shop. Would be neat if it’d be a personal mission reward, right?

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/09/21/supertest-aufklarungspanzer-v/

Might be a reward tank. 

Pics from the elc even 90

2724_elc-even-90-lt-8-frantsiya-baraba.j2726_elc-even-90-lt-8-frantsiya-baraba.j2727_elc-even-90-lt-8-frantsiya-baraba.j2728_elc-even-90-lt-8-frantsiya-baraba.j2729_elc-even-90-lt-8-frantsiya-baraba.j2730_elc-even-90-lt-8-frantsiya-baraba.j

Looking at these: WTF, how do you even put 3 humans into that tank? I mean grown men have to fit into this, not some kids or dwarfs.

btw, here the full stats:

2720_elc-even-90-lt-8-frantsiya-baraba.j

(source: https://wot.express/news/world-of-tanks/elc-even-90-lt-8-frantsiya-baraban-prem-vo-vsey-kr/)

Comparing the new stats with the origional stats, it seems like it was too powerful?

• Viewrange: 380 (was 390)
  • Hitpoints: 900 (was 1000)
  • Aimtime: 2,3 (was 2.1 [unsure weather raw or with crewskill])
  • Accuracy: 0.364 (was 0.36 [unsure weather raw or with crewskill])
  • Alpha: 220 (was 240) <- Wow
  • Shells/Clip: 3 (was 5) <-:notlikethis:

Any good news.... well at least something:

• Interclip: 2.3 (was 2.5)
  • Clip reload: 25.4 sec (was 35 [unsure weather raw or with crewskill])

Though it will have better camo then a t-100lt! (tankinspector lists the t-100 with 34.8% camo and this thing has 38.8%)

Seriously 1400 dpm? I appreciate WG making an effort to not put out OP LTs but as it stands now that ELC is shit. It would lose a head to head with the 13 75 or 13 57...

They have made it more generic -

Tier: LT-8, Germany, Premium
HP: 1100
Engine: 900 hp
Power-to-weight: 21,5 hp / t
Max speed/Min speed: 60 / -22 km / h   65 / -25 km / h
Hull turning speed: 44 °/s
Turret turning speed: 44 °/s   48 °/s
View range: 390 m   410 m

Hull armor: 85 / 50 / 40 mm
Turret armor: 50 / 30 / 30 mm

Gun: 7,5/5,5 cm Kw.K. 44 L/53

Alpha Damage: 135   180
Penetration: 221   204 mm
Reload time: 4,0 s   5,2 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,3   0,33
Aiming time: 1,5 s
Depression/Elevation: -10 / +20

Gun has lost pen and accuracy for a little more alpha, same DPM.  Much prefered the previous version as that needle gun was interesting, high pen, high accuracy, high ROF and low alpha. 

Now it's meh, plus if it still doesn't have premium rounds then it's screwed with 204 pen, 221 at least challenges most tier 8s stuff and with good accuracy it would be like the E50 gun.

WOT super testers are shit. 

What needed buffing was the DPM, not the alpha. 

Still says this though -

Apparently it is not intended to appear in the Premium Shop.

One useful thing to note is that the view range is now so high that you can use vents now and get enough view range, even without using food, so this boosts accuracy so its not that much worse than the original one if using optics

Top speed buff is cool, can do ram memes better than ever

Dont rly mind the alpha buff/rof nerf. It is technically a buff tho because while not high, 180 is much better than 135 (or 165 like it has on test server), while the dpm stays the same. I would also have preferred just a raw RoF buff instead, though.

Pen nerf really sucks ass tho because you no longer can pen a few things anymore, like the O-Ho from front, have a chance to pen Defender/Chrysler LFP, and IS-3 is now very unreliable. Bigish nerf in that regard.

Overall ehh, its still unique but was more unique before and I hoped they would just have buffed the top speed and then the DPM a bit. Given that with the old stats the gun was literally top contender to be one of the most reliable guns in the game (seriously, tell me one turreted tank that has amazing accuracy + practically no bloom on turret rotation + insane aimtime + great shell velocity all combined together...), it wouldnt even need ultra high DPM, just like 10% more would have been enough.

On 11/25/2017 at 11:12 AM, tajj7 said:

WOT super testers are shit.

they are like 48%ers... first when t10 grille came out they said its mediocre and "good" etc I tried it on TS and made 9k dmg... its always a joke I just dont get, why they didnt recruit testers from the top clans...?

21 hours ago, leggasiini said:

One useful thing to note is that the view range is now so high that you can use vents now and get enough view range, even without using food, so this boosts accuracy so its not that much worse than the original one if using optics

Top speed buff is cool, can do ram memes better than ever

Dont rly mind the alpha buff/rof nerf. It is technically a buff tho because while not high, 180 is much better than 135 (or 165 like it has on test server), while the dpm stays the same. I would also have preferred just a raw RoF buff instead, though.

Pen nerf really sucks ass tho because you no longer can pen a few things anymore, like the O-Ho from front, have a chance to pen Defender/Chrysler LFP, and IS-3 is now very unreliable. Bigish nerf in that regard.

Overall ehh, its still unique but was more unique before and I hoped they would just have buffed the top speed and then the DPM a bit. Given that with the old stats the gun was literally top contender to be one of the most reliable guns in the game (seriously, tell me one turreted tank that has amazing accuracy + practically no bloom on turret rotation + insane aimtime + great shell velocity all combined together...), it wouldnt even need ultra high DPM, just like 10% more would have been enough.

Sorry that's not true and comes from the strange old idea that 440-460vr is enough for all tanks. It isn't for lights. This is reasonably fast so it should spot. For that the more the better as you want to burn through bushes. 

I also don't think increasing the alpha is a buff since the alpha is still super low and with the previous super low alpha you would often be able to put 2 shots when an enemy passes between cover. Now instead of 2x135 you will get 1x180

On 26/11/2017 at 4:24 PM, hazzgar said:

Sorry that's not true and comes from the strange old idea that 440-460vr is enough for all tanks. It isn't for lights. This is reasonably fast so it should spot. For that the more the better as you want to burn through bushes. 

I also don't think increasing the alpha is a buff since the alpha is still super low and with the previous super low alpha you would often be able to put 2 shots when an enemy passes between cover. Now instead of 2x135 you will get 1x180

Fast? I have to see it but looking at the stats it looks pretty mediocre as a scout. Huge size means bad camo probably and the pw/t is bad with a top speed of 65. So no mobility is not the strong suit of this thing.

WG was right about buffing the alpha on it, unless this thing had a huge hp pool that dpm will never come to effect unless you camo snipe. And if you do you are not spotting. 

This thing will get wrecked for sure by the HWK and probably even by the 132. 

I guess though it gets and HE shield.