kunjuro

They f****ng did it - "New" T8 Prem, the Awfulpanther

95 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Fast? I have to see it but looking at the stats it looks pretty mediocre as a scout. Huge size means bad camo probably and the pw/t is bad with a top speed of 65. So no mobility is not the strong suit of this thing.

WG was right about buffing the alpha on it, unless this thing had a huge hp pool that dpm will never come to effect unless you camo snipe. And if you do you are not spotting. 

This thing will get wrecked for sure by the HWK and probably even by the 132. 

I guess though it gets and HE shield. 

It's fast enough. Not fast like other scouts but it can still do it's jobs.

As for alpha increase - the alpha here is still to low. You are thinking I am suggesting we go to the alpha vs dpm debate and it's not true. What I am saying is that there is a sweet spot for low alpha high rof guns where they can be used to an advantage while the worst place for a high dpm soft tank is to have a gun that still has low alpha (but a bit higher) and rof that's good but doesn't allow you to trade 2 for 1 in as many situations. Super low reload and you can put in 2 shots in one short peak. Low but meh reload and higher alpha causes you to be exposed constantly a bit like the Tortoise.  

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

It's fast enough. Not fast like other scouts but it can still do it's jobs.

As for alpha increase - the alpha here is still to low. You are thinking I am suggesting we go to the alpha vs dpm debate and it's not true. What I am saying is that there is a sweet spot for low alpha high rof guns where they can be used to an advantage while the worst place for a high dpm soft tank is to have a gun that still has low alpha (but a bit higher) and rof that's good but doesn't allow you to trade 2 for 1 in as many situations. Super low reload and you can put in 2 shots in one short peak. Low but meh reload and higher alpha causes you to be exposed constantly a bit like the Tortoise.  

No I was probably not clear I was not thinking you talking about the dpm vs alpha discussion. It is more about thet fact that LTs dont really have time to put their dpm in action because they always get focused when they are lit more than other tanks. I prefer having higher alpha to able to track more easily and to shoot once and disappear. 180 is bad and infact it should have a better rof (like the lttb and the bulldog should) but 135 is way too low. 

So I sort of agree with you but 135 is somenthing you should not see at tier 8 unless you get super short reload or an autoloader. 2,1k dpm is garbage with a 135 alpha considering I do not mount rammers on my LTs. 

30 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

No I was probably not clear I was not thinking you talking about the dpm vs alpha discussion. It is more about thet fact that LTs dont really have time to put their dpm in action because they always get focused when they are lit more than other tanks. I prefer having higher alpha to able to track more easily and to shoot once and disappear. 180 is bad and infact it should have a better rof (like the lttb and the bulldog should) but 135 is way too low. 

So I sort of agree with you but 135 is somenthing you should not see at tier 8 unless you get super short reload or an autoloader. 2,1k dpm is garbage with a 135 alpha considering I do not mount rammers on my LTs. 

The thing is with the 180 it's just sub par gun. Shooting ppl for 180 will still mean nothing. Shooting them for 135 every 3.5s (rammer, food, vents) makes this a bit like an autoloader (yeah I know a shitty one). Look at tanks like 13 57, t34 57mm or at15 - those super low alpha guns actually work

35 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Module damage is not the same as the alpha damage of a gun. You could have a gun that deals 5 damage per shot and still tracks a target with every hit from fully undamaged tracks.

51 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Module damage is not the same as the alpha damage of a gun. You could have a gun that deals 5 damage per shot and still tracks a target with every hit from fully undamaged tracks.

But he is kinda right as it is usually proportional to damage. On the other hand pew pew pew guns are good at hurting modules just when shooting since many shots = many rolls for damaged modules/killed crew. My 13 57 is really good at ammoracking and setting shit on fire

The problem is also the platform which is bad and big. Pew pew guns are good but on small tanks like the french LTs or on more armored one that can take some hits. 

Ok it might work as a sort of medium like a huge t34 but does not look very good. Anyway we still have to see the soft stats and gold pen to be sure. It still could get the job done.

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

The problem is also the platform which is bad and big. Pew pew guns are good but on small tanks like the french LTs or on more armored one that can take some hits. 

Ok it might work as a sort of medium like a huge t34 but does not look very good. Anyway we still have to see the soft stats and gold pen to be sure. It still could get the job done.

Turret is tiny. Just show the turret only. The speed is not amazing but it's still very good and you will be able to get into light positions early on. Remember that many premium lights have hp/t in the low 20s and they are all broken as balls.

Big gun is better than the recent change, but still prefer the low alpha, high pen, high accuracy gun it first had.

Plus 167 pen is pretty crap, even on a light. 

I have used this joke before but.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY

Murazor: now determining the best gun for the AFK panther

"Headless chicken dances and falls on the derp gun option" 

Devs: the best gun seems like a derp like on the Type 5

Murazor: derp gun it is. God I am so good at my job. 

Came too late to this game to experience the Awful P. But wasn’t the high pen, highly accurate, high dpm pea shooter the sole reason anyone liked it?

2 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

Came too late to this game to experience the Awful P. But wasn’t the high pen, highly accurate, high dpm pea shooter the sole reason anyone liked it?

High speed, high weight and, by light tank standards, high armor were more of a reason. It was one of the few tanks where controlled impact and spall liners actually were prefered skills and equipment.

elc even is TINY

tanks.gg saved the camera position when I switched between tanks so the comparison should be accurate*

*(except that even if the center of the tank is at the same spot, the wider the tank the closer its side is to the camera)

c2xZcOY.png

5wE4B7n.png

Did the french plan on using infants to operate this tank?

On 3.12.2017 at 3:49 AM, xmenxmen2 said:

Did the french plan on using infants to operate this tank?

You underestimate how large these others tanks actually are.

640px-ELC_EVEN_Canon_90mm_Saumur.jpg

While the ELC Even is positively tiny by tank-standards, it still is literally man-sized. The Bulldog T37, for example, is  almost 2 "man-sizes" in height by comparison.

595px-Photograph_of_President_Truman_sta

I think that's a T37 prototype in your picture.

Look at the hull just under the starboard side of the turret and the huge ass rangefinders.

22 minutes ago, canadiantrex said:

I think that's a T37 prototype in your picture.

Look at the hull just under the starboard side of the turret and the huge ass rangefinders.

Now that you mention it, yeah. The picture is labelled wrong, it is a T37. Good spotting, I was only making a google-search for "M41 Walker Bulldog" and picked the first picture that had both men and tank in it.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:07 AM, Madner Kami said:

You underestimate how large these others tanks actually are.

640px-ELC_EVEN_Canon_90mm_Saumur.jpg

While the ELC Even is positively tiny by tank-standards, it still is literally man-sized. The Bulldog T37, for example, is  almost 2 "man-sizes" in height by comparison.

Man size yes, but look at the distance of the turret ring, it is certainly much less wide than those two cars there (which are hardly massive for cars either) That is barely bigger than a man hole cover, plus there is a gun in there and presumably the autoloading system.

Was it a one man turret? Cos I can't see two people + a 90mm gun + an autoloading system fitting in that turret ring 

Well it is because it has an one-man turret. The driver sits in the hull and the commander has the turret for himself. 

I believe when the tank was first leaked it had only a two man crew. But I guess WG decided to conveniently add
another crew-man (or woman), because training your french light tank crew kinda sucks when your crew trainer 
only has room for two ...