kaneaaa

Jagtiger 8,8 worth it?

20 posts in this topic

Just seen this in the premium shop. Is it worth the money?

For making credits, hell yes. For keeping your sanity in check while making said credits.. most likely no.

203mm AP pen 240 alpha slow as fuck casemate TD...at tier 8.

So you have slow as shit turretless TD that cant pen some same tier heavies from frontally at all with 240 alpha

If you think thats good then yea its worth it

Seriously, I never see one and when I see one its LITERALLY always useless pinata. I dont have it but looks so bad that I can say its not worth

I really liked it.. but then again I have the Churchill GC and ARL V39 3 marked :doge: 

44 minutes ago, Hally said:

For making credits, hell yes. For keeping your sanity in check while making said credits.. most likely no.

I would argue that the Jagdtiger actually isn't very good at making credits, nowadays 200 penetration simply won't cut it a lot of the times especially with the "improved" tier 8-mm and with something as slow as a Jagdtiger that can't really choose its engagements effectivly and by spaming gold your creditincome will go down the drain, especially with such a low-alpha gun.

Basically everytime you have a Chrysler or a Defender in front of you you either spam gold (and probably still lose unless the enemy is retarded) or you spam AP and bounce 80% of your shells on the enemy "weakspots".

For pure credit making something with a high basepen is much more effective, not to mention that any premium tank other than the JT88 is probably much more fun to play(Which should be the most important aspect of a premium tank or any tank really, the JT88 is probably one of the most boring tanks to play in this game...)

argh then still can't find ` premium I want to buy!

Sad, because it used to be one of the premier credit earners in the game but now it sounds like it's been power creeped into an hp piñata...

1 hour ago, Fabunil said:

I would argue that the Jagdtiger actually isn't very good at making credits, nowadays 200 penetration simply won't cut it a lot of the times especially with the "improved" tier 8-mm and with something as slow as a Jagdtiger that can't really choose its engagements effectivly and by spaming gold your creditincome will go down the drain, especially with such a low-alpha gun.

Basically everytime you have a Chrysler or a Defender in front of you you either spam gold (and probably still lose unless the enemy is retarded) or you spam AP and bounce 80% of your shells on the enemy "weakspots".

For pure credit making something with a high basepen is much more effective, not to mention that any premium tank other than the JT88 is probably much more fun to play(Which should be the most important aspect of a premium tank or any tank really, the JT88 is probably one of the most boring tanks to play in this game...)

The main difference is the credit multiplier. For the JT88, firing pure premium ammo still prints more money than something with low multiplier like pz58 firing silver ammo. Unlike most premiums, you do not need to do well to make a lot of credits in the JT88. Conversely, it is actually very difficult to get amazing games in the JT88 thanks to all the limitations it has.

Also, because the tank is not blind, and has a dedicated radioman for sit aware, it can easily get spotting dmg; which also runs off the massive credit multiplier.

Just how stupid the credit multipler is on the JT88? On a premium account, even if you fire pure gold ammo, miss/bounce half of them, you are still making as much money as a pz58 shooting silver and penetrating every shot. If you do a 0 dmg tracking shot on someone with gold ammo, and another tank taps that tracked guy for 200 dmg; you still made a profit.

The pref mm also prevent it from ever seeing tier 10s, which actually helps a lot more with penetrating your shots when compared to non-prefs like defenders.

Credit making is still there, and still arguably the best you can get in terms of silver printed per hour of gameplay. But playstyle wise... it is really cringe worthy.

If you want a 'slow', German credit-maker, get the better premium fascist box, the Lowe.

It's got a turret, better mobility, in my opinion better gun due to turret, much better armor, better camo probably, more gun depression and an even higher credit multiplier (Lowe has 180%, Jgt. 8.8 has 171%). Sure the Jgt. 8.8 technically can print more credits than the Lowe, as the AP rounds are much cheaper, but in actuality you have to spam premium with the 8.8, and that's completely negating the fact that getting good games in the Jgt (even 3k plus ones...) is once in  a blue moon.

The Jgt. speed is incredibly frustrating (traverse is painful af), the gun just doesn't cut it anymore, and the armor was never amazing, but now, especially considering how much tier 8 matchmaking has been shafted, isn't even reliable anymore. It does have 2800 base DPM, however it's hard to use due to alpha, pen, armor, mobility, no turret etc. etc. you should know by now. It doesn't even have the high-HP-for-a-TD gimmick anymore, the Ferdinand stole that.

It's not worth it. Save yourself the pain and sweet dollar dollar bills. I was lucky I was a pleb when playing it, because otherwise I'd have some serious issues sleeping (Okay, maybe that's a bit much, but you get what I mean). Shooting them though, that I can get behind.

If you still want a premium Jagdtiger, wait to see if the Jagdtiger H ever becomes a thing. At least then you'll have a big boom stick..

I played hundreds of games in the JT88, most of them before any of its last 2-3 buffs happened. I found it fun at the time. These days it collects dust in my garage. It's not unplayable or anything, armor creep + pen creep have left it behind. It's not very mobile, but when you park it in a corridor it's still not very good because you have trouble penetrating heavies you face and they don't have much trouble penetrating your armor anymore. 

The Skorpion is a better German TD while the Löwe is a better German crew trainer if you're not set on having a TD. 

JT88 was the tank all the botters used for credits since it literally made profits if any single number wasn't 0 on your score sheet

type59 also has that ridiculous cred multiplier, just before the 257 changes i was racking up 50k profits running big everything and spamming full gold every game :serb: 

It used to be my go-to credit grinder, LOLDPMTHEFUCK outa shit. But, thats when 200mm pen was more than enough for most tanks I'd face

8.8 is definitely not worth it. You need to remember that it was never a competitive tank, just one that was ridiculously good and reliable at printing wads of cash. Recent buffs - these being the top speed buff - the LFP and superstructure buff - and the traverse improvements made it more tolerable to play without actually making it any stronger. However, all things considered, the Jagd8.8 is probably the best Pref 8 in the current meta - although that is not saying much given the sorry state they are all in. This is probably change with the Chinese buffs in 9.20.1.

Get a Loewe, run an all-APCR loadout, still make money (quite a bit with a premium account), be competitive in tier 10 matches, get loads of spotting damage, actually have fun.

It's gotten to the point that when I see at least 1 (god forbid 2) Jagtiger 88s on my team, especially against tier IXs, that I feel our odds of winning took a dip. 

2 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

It's gotten to the point that when I see at least 1 (god forbid 2) Jagtiger 88s on my team, especially against tier IXs, that I feel our odds of winning took a dip. 

APCR buff would do JT88 much good. 200 for lower tiers 260 for high tier fortresses. Still boring tank but actually can hurt overbuffed T9 HTs and now even MTs.

As worth it as getting shot in the dick. It's an at15 on a much worse platform and with less pen and armor. Why would you want it?