Folterknecht

Intel Coffeelake - 6 cores for the mainstream, finally (thx AMD)

56 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, DHP said:

Have the prices settles down ?

In germany they have. You can get the 8700K at MSRP . Problem are RAM + GPU prices.

Anybody jumped the guns on coffeelake ?

Was thinking about switching from my 3570K to 8700K, but (RAM) prices, availability and later spectre/meltdown changed my mind. Won't buy any new CPUs until fixes in harddware are availble.

Instead I upgraded from my 4.4 GHz 3570K to a 5GHz 3770K. That will keeep me "alive" this year. Incl selling my 3570K I paid a little over 100€ for that one.

1 hour ago, Folterknecht said:

In germany they have. You can get the 8700K at MSRP . Problem are RAM + GPU prices.

Was thinking about switching from my 3570K to 8700K, but (RAM) prices, availability and later spectre/meltdown changed my mind. Won't buy any new CPUs until fixes in harddware are availble.

Instead I upgraded from my 4.4 GHz 3570K to a 5GHz 3770K. That will keeep me "alive" this year. Incl selling my 3570K I paid a little over 100€ for that one.

I was thinking of the CPU+mobo+ram this time around since i have upgraded GPU a year ago and since the prices are so freaking high ! (I'm still on 2500k with 8Gb ram).