OnboardG1

WG adds terrible clan mode, more at 8

64 posts in this topic

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/clash-of-clans/

7x7 (worst mode), T10 (worst comp tier), No CV (as a massive sop to the glue-eating clans who can't be bothered with CV). 

Probably the worst decision Lesta have made in regards to the game. The competitive scene is guaranteed dead now. I know the top 3 EU clans (OM, OMNI, UFR) are furious and a bunch of the SL teams are cross too. 

Nothing new here - can't have baddies losing. See WoT worldmap or later strongholds.

was there ever any doubt that they were going to fuck it up, just look at WoT

The whole "Tier X rental is going to be a joke, absolutely horrid teams will show up to get trounced.  It will be the early equivalent of tier 6 stronghold teams showing up in heavies and TD's against a team of Cromwell B's and Type 64's .....

Aw, I was looking forward to CV-players becoming the rockstars of the game :/

On the one hand, I can understand that decission, given how vital a good CV player is to both counter the enemy CV and support the team, on the other hand, why cater to people who can't be arsed to learn how to freaking play the game? That's what a competative mode is for, is it not?

I guess the figured out that CA's have a balance problem at T10. 2 BB's would crush them.

The real kicker is no CVs. I can't see this being a real "clan wars" considering that it's so far removed from the established comp scene. I can see why they limited CVs, but isn't that logically the point of clan wars? Whichever clan has better players will win, thus, the better CV player will triumph over the worse CV player?

22 minutes ago, Jarkorsis said:

I guess the figured out that CA's have a balance problem at T10. 2 BB's would crush them.

Assuming a one-carrier-per-team-limit, the team with the most battleships would always win. It's a Maus/Type5-scenario, really.

38 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The real kicker is no CVs. I can't see this being a real "clan wars" considering that it's so far removed from the established comp scene. I can see why they limited CVs, but isn't that logically the point of clan wars? Whichever clan has better players will win, thus, the better CV player will triumph over the worse CV player?

Tier 10 carriers are same as old prenerf arty in WoT or even worse. When good t10 CV player decides you die, there is not much you can do if you are alone. To evade it, you need to hug with rest of your team for AA cover. Any kind of going solo, flanking or agressive play means getting removed by enemy CV. And as its 7vs7 game mode impact of the CV is even far greater. I guess WG absolute wants game mode be t10 and 7vs7 but with these limits CV just cannot fit in?

45 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Assuming a one-carrier-per-team-limit, the team with the most battleships would always win. It's a Maus/Type5-scenario, really.

Not really same, DD's and cruisers can counter BB's pretty well. Balanced team with well played Khabarovsks, Hinderburgs, Shimakazes etc could make team with too much BB power suffer. Though Conqueror could throw balance bit off with its ridiculous HE and repair party. But maybe peoples with real T10 competitive experience can say about their experiences?

3 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Aw, I was looking forward to CV-players becoming the rockstars of the game :/

On the one hand, I can understand that decission, given how vital a good CV player is to both counter the enemy CV and support the team, on the other hand, why cater to people who can't be arsed to learn how to freaking play the game? That's what a competative mode is for, is it not?

I don't know why you think that is a good thing to strive for. So instead of a team game where everyone has a near-equal contribution to make, you're okay with different classes having an outsize influence on the outcome of games?

Removing CVs is retarded, but it doesn't change how stupidly strong they are as spotters. This is generally okay at T8, but the constant spotting becomes super cancerous at T10 once you start dealing with railguns and 12-gun salutes from montanas.

3 hours ago, publord said:

railguns and 12-gun salutes from montanas.

MONGQUEROR you mean

8 minutes ago, publord said:

I don't know why you think that is a good thing to strive for. So instead of a team game where everyone has a near-equal contribution to make, you're okay with different classes having an outsize influence on the outcome of games?

Removing CVs is retarded, but it doesn't change how stupidly strong they are as spotters. This is generally okay at T8, but the constant spotting becomes super cancerous at T10 once you start dealing with railguns and 12-gun salutes from montanas.

That's a problem you are going to have, whether you get spotted by planes or by ships, thus has nothing to do with CVs intrinsicly.

I think it sounds terrible, and as such, I'm glad I'm not participating.

55 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

I think it sounds terrible, and as such, I'm glad I'm not participating.

From the movie WarGames (appropriately titled) "A strange game. The only winning move is not too play. How about a nice game of chess?"

2 hours ago, sahtila said:

Tier 10 carriers are same as old prenerf arty in WoT or even worse. When good t10 CV player decides you die, there is not much you can do if you are alone. To evade it, you need to hug with rest of your team for AA cover. Any kind of going solo, flanking or agressive play means getting removed by enemy CV. And as its 7vs7 game mode impact of the CV is even far greater. I guess WG absolute wants game mode be t10 and 7vs7 but with these limits CV just cannot fit in?

Well, I'm not here to debate CVs nature on the game, however they're in the game and even in competitive. It's simply illogical and shows that WG is not willing to follow a successful format.

I need to grind up to tier 10 ASAP so I can experience this Naval Tomfoolery. 

8 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I need to grind up to tier 10 ASAP so I can experience this Naval Tomfoolery. 

No need to grind. WG will provide 3 different tier X botes if you've played a match in a tier 8-10 bote. This means you can just buy a Derpitz and go on your way to tomfoolery. Great idea right?

If I was willing to shell out a metric shit-ton of money before I've gotten far enough into the game to know if I am going to be tanks-level addicted (or good enough at it to play CW, at least ONE of the two).

Buying 30 days of premium after trying (and liking) the game for a week is a big enough investment for now - I have gotten more conservative (lol) in my old age. 

2 hours ago, MntRunner said:

From the movie WarGames (appropriately titled) "A strange game. The only winning move is not too play. How about a nice game of chess?"

Sounds like a lovely time.

Here is the saddest part of all of it. Look back at WoT a few years ago with their clan battles, where you could farm mad gold and actually enjoy playing in clan activities, not to mention all the tournaments every week to farm even more gold. You see how WoT has nerfed all of that into the ground, or even outright removed it.... AND YET, the current rewards in WoT for clan activities are still MILES better than the absolute trash WoWS is offering. There is NO INCENTIVE, NONE WHATSOEVER, for me to invest any time or effort into this garbage. Look at this trash, who the fuck actually would put countless hours into a mode that gives you these tiny 2% or 3% bonuses?

Come out with a global map where I can actually earn at least a few thousand Doubloons a month or have a crack at getting a super rare ship (Musashi perhaps?) and MAYBE I'd consider it, anything less isn't worth the time or effort.

3 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

Come out with a global map where I can actually earn at least a few thousand Doubloons a month or have a crack at getting a super rare ship (Musashi perhaps?) and MAYBE I'd consider it, anything less isn't worth the time or effort.

Even Musashi won't be worth it - unless rarity is good enough - since she's going to be a T9. A sad, pathetic shadow of Yamato unless they pile on an unholy amount of gimmicks to somehow make her worthwhile.

With a CV a good team will stomp a bad team because of the spotting advantage (not the strike power, anyone who suggests that hasn't played proper comp). 

Without a CV a good team will still stomp a bad team because they'll wait for the baddies to push and then kill them.

The issue is when two good teams meet (such as in our internal scrims). With a CV the game comes down to who can use their spotting most effectively and how they can use their AA envelopes or mobility to shut down the other team. Without a CV the game turns into a campfest. You could go ten fucking minutes without anyone being spotted because everyone is afraid of where the BB is. Pushing is like, instant suicide at T10 because of the DPM and alpha. It's so cancerous.

The worst thing though is that WG are basically pissing in the face of CV mains. Guys like Reyte and Fara who are the top carrier players in the world and have devoted years to becoming good at it are now being told "lol sorry no place for you in endgame". Fucking hell it's stupid.

I'm the first one to say that CVs dont really belong in this game (why include a ship type that historically relegated every other class to support and brought the end of the BB age?)...but the one and only place I've seen CVs "work" is in competitive play.

Not unlike arty...which i hate having on my team in a random pub..but can work in a competitive environment.

If you watch competitive play CVs dont really carry the damage..they are primarily used as spotters...and thats a good role...and in competitive CVs have to be very careful they dont get their planes murdered...as teams are communicating and working together which really minimizes the opportunity for CVs to kill folks.

As Roller said ..there's very little incentive to play this as its really just going to be a credit sink...for almost no reward.

1 hour ago, Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen said:

As Roller said ..there's very little incentive to play this as its really just going to be a credit sink...for almost no reward.

WG has been rather stingy with some of their WoWS rewards as of late. It's kind of strange because it's not like there's high production costs associated with in-game items. Especially where Tier Xs are concerned you could afford to be a bit more magnanimous considering the time investment to unlock multiple top tier ships let alone becoming proficient in those ships.